McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

Sevach wrote:
I'd say revive a Mclaren "tradition" writing Fernando/Jenson on the sidepods.

i might be mistaken here, but, wasn't that HRT?

and, since the McLaren already has some resemblance to them, should they invoke more similarity to that failed outfit?

in all honesty though, i was one quite liking that dark grey-bright red livery on the HRT's. never liked the white-red versions, and the white-red-gold ones were absolutely horrible.

edit:

ah i see it yes, forgot about this

personally, i'd rather have them write 'Mclaren' on the sidepod really big.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

n04h f1
n04h f1

Manoah2u wrote:
Sevach wrote:
I'd say revive a Mclaren "tradition" writing Fernando/Jenson on the sidepods.

http://www.chdphd.com/Galleries/BGP03/0 ... de-pod.jpg

personally, i'd rather have them write 'Mclaren' on the sidepod really big.
I think either way it would be better than what they (don't) have now. The sidepods look so plain.

Mesteño

I was randomly looking for f1 news on google and found 2 news about mclaren changing the livery to red and white in GP of SPAIN.

http://periodismodelmotor.com/mclaren-c ... 015/90964/
http://peru.com/deportes/automovilismo/ ... cia-345269

They refer to "english media" but I can't find any news related.

Writinglife
Writinglife

i can't see a livery change until next year now. Personally, I think it makes sense to keep this livery as 2015 is a transition and testing year. McLaren probably don't want to introduce an exciting new livery and have it associated with a lot of problems and back-marker status. I stil think Red/White will come into effect when the partnership is stronger and the team is challenging the front again.

Mesteño

Anyway I like their philosophy of keeping a "brand status" in the livery, like the Mclaren Logo.

Just do it better Mclaren.

n04h f1
n04h f1

I think right now, the livery looks good except for the blank sidepods. I just wish they would fill it with their logo, McLaren, or Honda.

Alonso Fan

n04h f1 wrote:I think right now, the livery looks good except for the blank sidepods. I just wish they would fill it with their logo, McLaren, or Honda.
Or the drivers names
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

wesley123
wesley123

Having blank liveries opens the door very much for companies to "dream" about having their logo on the McLaren, it implies there is all the space for sponsors to get on their car. With a livery full of garbage text it looks full already.

Thus, a blank livery would encourage big time sponsors.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mclaren111

I would love it if they were to make the Front Mounted Cameras and Driver Number Red [-o<

Also, change the Rear Wing to Silver [-o<

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

If mclaren gets a new title sponsor, I'm sure they'd have a new livery the very next race. whether it's Spain or 2018, doesn't matter. Until then, I expect the same dismal black, gray, and rocket red airbrushing.

Problem is there doesn't seem to be any news or even rumors about possible title sponsors, so I'm guessing it'll be a while.

RicME85

No one is going to want to put their name on this car until it starts performing week in week out

VFC_Cipher
VFC_Cipher

RicME85 wrote:No one is going to want to put their name on this car until it starts performing week in week out
No one is putting their name on this car period. Not even Mclaren.

xDama
xDama

Saw the WSR this weekend. The Mclaren livery looks great on the WSR-cars!
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

grettu
grettu

In my opinion the livery of this year is truly horrible. Bad taste was used to make it!

VFC_Cipher
VFC_Cipher

New revised livery for Spain. Won't be Papaya Orange as Ron has said previously that that would be going backwards. The brand is dayglo red and will surely feature more that just those stripes and mirrors.
http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/05/02/mcla ... -in-spain/