McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Nathanael F1

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

That does look very good!
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Ash9414

So I have spent some time refining the details of the new McLaren livery, taking inspiration from the early season livery and that of the 1998 McLaren MP4/13. What do you think? :)

Starscreamer

Make the second nose (red) blue and side also blue
Can someone Photoshop Sony PS4 at the side and make the second nose blue???
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

mclaren111

This is where the Boys at MTC got their ideas from:

Emmcee

Ash9414 wrote:So I have spent some time refining the details of the new McLaren livery, taking inspiration from the early season livery and that of the 1998 McLaren MP4/13. What do you think? :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/20faohz.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/24erw4l.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/2dc7ha1.png

Looks good, the 98 Mclaren is the best looking one ever IMO.

Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

mclaren111

That McLaren P1 looks fabulous =D> =D> :!:

I am willing to take a bet the F1 car will follow that. The P1 is to test the waters, get feedback and see if enough people like it.

Samraj_official

i think ron always wants to stick with corporate identity so thats why he colors his cars all dull and grey

adrianjordan

So, looks like the short nose is coming. What do people think they'll do with the livery at the tip?

IMHO they should take this chance to get rid of the duplication of the red swooshes...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jef Patat

Spotted in the wild...
Rumour has it that it has an integrated drool cleaner :wink: https://twitter.com/REIGNxs/status/607310705071505408 Image

acosmichippo

eh, no thanks. Their F1 livery needs to take inspiration from their road cars, not the other way around.

Manoah2u

that looks awful
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Emmcee

That looks tough as, gimme gimme gimme.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

Nathanael F1

Honestly, the livery is the least of McLaren's problems right now. I hate the team, but even I hope they improve for the sake of Button and Alonso.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Manoah2u

I really don't understand what happened to them. It's such a mess there. I've read about these rumours how Woking is like some sort of dictatorship camp where you can only work how Ron Dennis wants it, that every cubible must be the same,
grey,grey,grey. I don't know whether it's true or not but it must be said it woudln't really surprise me if it did looking at the vibe Mclaren is giving the last [decade] years.

Perhaps Ron is the problem, i don't know. All i know is that this Mclaren is not the Mclaren of the good old days. It's different. I see less true innovation, and i see a huge lack of 'stimulant'. Like 'groundhog day', at the office, ev-ery sin-gle day.

If we look @ Ferrari, then offcourse, Ferrari always has been far more 'passionate' compared to Macca. But even they realised that right about everything was wrong and such a mighty gigantic company as Ferrari 'simply' 'did away' with Di Montzemolo, Domenicali, and his [temporal] replacement Mattiaci. They swung around and the result is not to be taken lightly, Ferrari is Ferrari again - even if they're not where they would want to be.

I expected more from Mclaren's Honda partnership. Not from the get-go, but half-way into the season this is not what i'd expected to see from them. No stimulating progress, no huge new sponsor deals, not a scent of Honda-might of old. It's all grey. The car itself is hardly exiting to look at, and that's not due to the design, it's due to the livery and appearence.

Something must happen @ Mclaren. it really must. Sadly enough if i understand correctly Ron has taken back quite a share of himself in Mclaren, but for all that's worth, i'm really hoping there are still big 'men' @ power at Mclaren and that they are going to 'release' Ron from his function, aswell as a bunch of people there. Like Bouiller, for crying out loud. Whitmarsh wasn't the best, but he was by far better @ his job than Eric. Keep Pomodrou and the design team, grant them more freedom and grant them the budget available, demand from Honda that they adapt their strategies to fit with Mclaren, and get progress from the mighty yens' theyve been throwing at it. Get a big sponsor, and attract a designer that knows what he's doing regarding liveries, not some bland corporate imaging.

It's nonsense that the new livery is because it resembles Mclaren's logo thus promoting the automotive company.
If they've got an attractive, exciting livery, then that'll focus attention on themselves thus focus attentio to Mclaren Automotive. Results the same; grab attention, grab interest.

Did Mclaren somehow forget winning is most important in F1?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"