Oh dear :mrgreen:

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Oh dear :mrgreen:

Sorry guys, can't leave this one unattended [ i'm a Hamilton-fan ( and alonso fan, ricciardo fan, and also have much respect for vettel ) but this makes me feel quite awkward about him :roll: dude...... ]

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501248781 ... -pr-agency

Hamilton signs with music PR agency

World champion Lewis Hamilton has replaced one entertainment-based management agency with another, British newspapers the Daily Mail and Telegraph report.

In November, despite not yet negotiating a new Mercedes contract beyond 2015, the Briton split with Spice Girls-famed Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment.

The 30-year-old, whose girlfriend is Nicole Scherzinger, has never hidden his desire to expand his public profile beyond F1 and into film and particularly music, as he spends much of his spare time writing songs on his guitar.

So it is no surprise that, in the days after attending the Louis Vuitton Menswear show in Paris with a new hairstyle and wearing clear-lens glasses, Hamilton has now signed with London based Purple PR, who the Daily Mail said has stars including Beyonce, Adele and Prince on its roster.

Telegraph correspondent Daniel Johnson surmised that Hamilton is therefore still "without a manager for his affairs in the sport".

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, however, told British television Sky this week that he is happy with the sport's newly-crowned double title winner.

"He's a rapper," said the 84-year-old. "So we're going to get to a completely different audience as well now. He's going to be good as a world champion."
Ecclestone's comment is brilliant =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
'rapper' XD :lol:

and into film? oh dear :wtf:

There is a saying i've learned here in the Netherlands which i kinda like, there's some Dutchies around here so they'd understand: "Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest"

Which essentialy translates into "Keep it to your profession"

I've head Hammy's earlier 'work'.....he's a magnificient driver. but man, keep it to your racing.

btw, perhaps there should be a driver-thread. I know this site gets into fanboyism fast, but perhaps it would be good to have a F1-driver section just as we have with the Teams and cars. Set up some ground rules and go on from there.
I'd understand this is F1technical though, just think it wouldn't hurt too much.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

wesley123

Re: Oh dear :mrgreen:

Seeing as how I'm Dutch I know the expression, the question I ask with it is "why?". Why should you stick to what you do best? Why shouldn't you do other things if you enjoy doing them?

The thing for me with Hamilton that differentiates him from his F1 collegues is that he really seem to enjoy what he is doing and that he seems to be enjoying what he does. Where others seem to be in it to win, Hamilton seems more to be about enjoying himself and doing what he loves doing.

I would love to see him in movies, and movies would love to have a "superstar" like him, even if he sucks as an actor.

The thing is, being a racing driver hardly is an profession that you can do until you die of old age, it is something that you do until your 40s-50s, and what are you going to do after that?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

SilverArrow10

Who cares, this is so far away from the circus of F1, its like the Mail putting images of Button's wife on a beach in their f1 thread.... urmmm I came here for the cars ( really I went to see how wrong they were about Button being kicked out)

Its like his religious belief's... it doesn't matter. What he does away from race weekends is his business and any new fans he gets for new ventures, when has he discussed wanting to be a rapper during a race weekend, never.

Bernie is just out of touch about everything and his attitude towards the current world champion is no different. The new Ferrari guy is the same, saying F1 will lose fans to the internet, like they are direct competitors.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Manoah2u

There is nothing wrong with doing what you like. But its not like you can just jump into whatever you think you like.

Let's look at it like this; would you take p diddy serious if he'd say hey, i like formula 1, let me buy a monsterous expensive f1 seat at caterham and race a race or 2 and then think people take you seriously.

Or gordon ramsey / jamie oliver who is a great cook that suddenly decides he's going to bring out a rap album.

Doing something you like? sure. However, you can't just call yourself or think of yourself as a rapper just because you slam on some tattoos and because you're successfull you can become the bomb.

The 'real' rap artists spend as much time and effort to their music , vocals, and performances like Hamilton HAS to do in order to compete on his level in F1. Imho, it's a tad respectless for the 'real artists'. You can't have it both.

You can be a rapper buy expensive sportscars and drive around in them, go in some race to have fun and perhaps actually not drive that bad.

Whenever i read stuff like this, i can't help but remember David HAsselhoff and that awful song 'get in my car'.
The Hoff was great as Michael Knight [ and i'm sure the ladies enjoyed him as Mitch Buchannon in Baywatch].
But that song actually including the KITT :| :| :|

it's not hating btw, it's just....dude.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

ian_s

at least his interests outside of F1 arent particularly dangerous. i mean, Mark Webber broke his leg mountain biking, and Robert Kubica had his rally accident. when have you ever heard of a rapper getting hurt?

Felipe 92

I think that Hamilton is a great driver but I can't stand 5 pounds gold chains,in da hood, --- is it coz I is black talk, etc. ( I'm not a racist ) Just imagine Sir Stirling Moss walking around with enormous golden chain, Ron Dennis having diamond earrings and "still I rise" tattoo, Schumacher sitting on bed with 100 000 $ and being gangsta. I expect Hamilton to become something like balotelli or mayweather jr. in following years.

Jersey Tom

Manoah2u wrote:There is nothing wrong with doing what you like. But its not like you can just jump into whatever you think you like.

Let's look at it like this; would you take p diddy serious if he'd say hey, i like formula 1, let me buy a monsterous expensive f1 seat at caterham and race a race or 2 and then think people take you seriously.

Or gordon ramsey / jamie oliver who is a great cook that suddenly decides he's going to bring out a rap album.
Huh. Interesting. Yeah I guess you should always stick with one thing and not stray from what people know you from.

Who was that guy in all those movies... I think 60 or so of them from the late 30's to mid 60's? Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I heard he tried getting into politics later on. Lol what a foolish move.

Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Facts Only

What's wrong with Hamilton enjoying his career and life? He'll be on the F1 scrap heap at 40, what's he meant to do for the next 40 years? Filming episodes of A Question of Sport can only fill so much time.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Manoah2u

So what did Nigel Mansell do? what did piquet do? what does Mark webber do? what does Stirling Moss do?
what did Schumacher do? Alain prost? Jean Alesi?

All those lives ended when they stopped participating F1? Sitting bored behind the television al-bundy style?

Facts Only

Manoah2u wrote:So what did Nigel Mansell do? what did piquet do? what does Mark webber do? what does Stirling Moss do?

All those lives ended when they stopped participating F1? Sitting bored behind the television al-bundy style?
Well Schumacher isn't a good example really but they all went onto do new things just like Hamilton is planning on doing. It's just that Hamilton is doing something a bit more 'different'
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

wesley123

Manoah2u wrote:So what did Nigel Mansell do? what did piquet do? what does Mark webber do? what does Stirling Moss do?

And that's exactly the point, your F1 career hardly fills your whole life, and after your career you got many more years to fill in. How are you going to do that? Some go race somewhere else, some take a more advisory role, and some make a career switch.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Manoah2u

Yeah but it looks like Hamilton is not makin a after-f1 career switch. He's trying to do it whilst being a F1 star.

strad

have you heard him play/sing? not good
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

J.A.W.

Let him be, after all -if it was ok for Paul Newman to race, then its ok for the F1 WC to sing & play..
..its not like he's doing amateur bloody brain surgery in his spare time, is it..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

SectorOne

SilverArrow10 wrote:Who cares, this is so far away from the circus of F1, its like the Mail putting images of Button's wife on a beach in their f1 thread.... urmmm I came here for the cars ( really I went to see how wrong they were about Button being kicked out)
Agreed, could care less about what type of PR agency has Hamilton.

As long as he does what he did in Bahrain i´m a fan.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"