Oh dear :mrgreen:

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Oh dear :mrgreen:

ian_s wrote:at least his interests outside of F1 arent particularly dangerous. i mean, Mark Webber broke his leg mountain biking, and Robert Kubica had his rally accident. when have you ever heard of a rapper getting hurt?
A few gunshot wounds before the season starts?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

PlatinumZealot wrote:
ian_s wrote:at least his interests outside of F1 arent particularly dangerous. i mean, Mark Webber broke his leg mountain biking, and Robert Kubica had his rally accident. when have you ever heard of a rapper getting hurt?
A few gunshot wounds before the season starts?

Under the standing rules.. would that kind of infringement - incur a pit-lane drive-by penalty?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:Yeah but it looks like Hamilton is not makin a after-f1 career switch. He's trying to do it whilst being a F1 star.
But if it puts him in his "happy place" then it helps his F1 career. Look at his little implosion at McLaren - not how you win titles. Look at him last year - even when things went a bit wrong on occasion he just got on with it. If the other stuff keeps him in balance then it's a good thing. Hell, even if he never earns any money from the other stuff, the fact that he's able to sign big deals as a "happy" world champion helps his bank balance very nicely.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

He wont end up like mayweather or balotelli as Lewis is much more educated. He is simply building bridges for 2020 onwards. It wont stop him winning a few more titles and it wont stop him being fit for F1.

No one seems to mind Alonso talking of starting a cycling team or doing Le Mans.

And no one even cares what Vettel and Ricciardo do outside of the cockpit, So I think its just a case of people not liking Lewis.

Besides, Lewis could be better at acting than he is as a driver. No one knows, so cut him some slack and give him a chance.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Moxie
Moxie

It is just not fair to expect anyone to be one dimensional. Robert de Niro, Sylvester Stallone, and George W. Bush like to paint. Dennis Hopper was a photographer. I am not a big Hamilton fan, but give the guy a break.

Now, this is very fortunate for Mr.E. A crossover celebrity would help expand the F1 exposure without actually having to improve the product.

PlatinumZealot

http://instagram.com/p/yEicjSL046/?modal=true

Kool hairdo. That perm is gonna get very sweaty under that helmet and weep out into the balaclava.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Yes, he's definately trying to look like Romeo Santos.

I'll admit though, i wish i could grow such hairdo still. Perhaps time to get implants, too - after all, i'm having the exact same thinning as hamilton had 2 years ago!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

This rock and roll style comes from waaaaay back.

Bo Diddley:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

you know that, i know that, hamilton knows that, and romeo santos probably, too.

still, he looks like him :mrgreen:

but he looks like bo diddley-diddely-didelly too!

agree in the part that it's good and great for Lewis to enjoy life to the fullest.
I just tend to get such a 'wannabe' feeling when i read things like 'becoming a rapper'.
but each to its own i guess tho.

One thing ran my mind though?

what happened to his dog?!!!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Richard
Richard

Manoah2u wrote:Doing something you like? sure. However, you can't just call yourself or think of yourself as a rapper just because you slam on some tattoos and because you're successfull you can become the bomb.
So on that basis no one who plays a guitar can say they are a 'guitarist'. Your rationale means that none of us can say we are a "driver' because we aren't a professional driver.

Yes he enjoys playing music (just like Damon Hill), you seem to have a huge problem with that. Get over it.