Driver Helmets 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vettel Maggot

Re: Driver Helmets 2015

diego1960 wrote:God these helmets are terrible...Year after year they keep getting worse. Bottas and Rosberg are the only ones with a clear design and even them aren't really good looking.
I agree, most of them look like they have been painted by the same person who has a limited imagination and thinks that the more complex the design the better.

Less is more sometimes:

Starscreamer

Vettel Maggot wrote:
diego1960 wrote:God these helmets are terrible...Year after year they keep getting worse. Bottas and Rosberg are the only ones with a clear design and even them aren't really good looking.
I agree, most of them look like they have been painted by the same person who has a limited imagination and thinks that the more complex the design the better.

Less is more sometimes:

http://racefan.co.uk/mika%20hakkinen%20 ... claren.jpg

http://thingd-media-ec1.thefancy.com/de ... 5b57bd.jpg
I like Jean Alesi helmet but I prefer this one:
Like the chrome =D>
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Starscreamer

Max got the same desing as his father without the RedBull =D>

Max

Jos

Now his sister drive with this helmet :D

#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N

xDama

raymondu999 wrote:I kinda wish Vettel kept the "ribbon" and his logo on his helmet from the old helmets. This one looks a bit too bare for him.

This is what I mean - the blue bit with "Pepe Jeans" and his red logo.
http://images.planetf1.com/12/05/800x60 ... 770053.jpg
The logo is also on his new helmet on the sides. The ribbon has been replaced by a 'Kaspersky-ribbon', because Pepe Jeans is a RBR-sponsor.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Starscreamer

xDama wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I kinda wish Vettel kept the "ribbon" and his logo on his helmet from the old helmets. This one looks a bit too bare for him.

This is what I mean - the blue bit with "Pepe Jeans" and his red logo.
http://images.planetf1.com/12/05/800x60 ... 770053.jpg
The logo is also on his new helmet on the sides. The ribbon has been replaced by a 'Kaspersky-ribbon', because Pepe Jeans is a RBR-sponsor.
On his 2 ribbons was standing the logo Pepe Jeans but it was a Vettel design

#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N

diego1960

Vettel Maggot wrote:
Ηakkinen's was (and still is) one of my favorites, great design that you could recognize anytime. MSC's too, i loved it since it became mostly red after Belgium 2000 (I think). Too bad that now drivers care about "bling" and use these ridiculous amounts of lines, fancy colors etc. In the case of RB drivers it gets even worse, I can't simply recognise the helmets, they all look the same since Vettel's days as a champ.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Moose

Yep, the complexity of helmet designs these days annoys me. Whatever happened to simple, recognisable shapes. Black with white dashes around the top, blue with stars on, the Scottish flag, the Finnish flag... These were simple designs that you could spot and recognise immediately.

The modern helmet designs are mostly just mushy faded noise.

WaikeCU

poolboy67 wrote:Dear FIA. I hereby present to you the solution for easier driver identification:

surely this cannot be too high-tech for a series that's trying to be the absolute peak in automotive technology?

i kid you not, FIA has become almost like a stupid goverment that just bans everything as a solution, instead of finding what's the actual cause of things and making an intelligent change to it.

kinda like Finland's goverment is "solving" alcoholism by banning positive commentry of alcoholic beverages in the social media. it's just madness.
Anyone saw yesterday's Post-race analysis with DC and co. on the BBC and noticed similar on screen driver identifications? Perhaps they are reading what we are suggesting.

acosmichippo

post race stuff isn't really the problem since SKY or BBC can alter the video however they want. The issue is the live stream handled by FOM (?) which is the same for everyone.

Vettel Maggot

One of the best modern day designs in my opinon.

TAG

Harvey wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Yellow accents vs Red accents to clearly differentiate. Would work for ANY car. Even a full yellow or full red car would be identifiable because one of them has a clear yellow pod or a clear red pod.

what happened to this feature? why is it no longer around?
You do realise that the T-cams are now coloured black or yellow now? How is this any harder to spot than red or yellow?
Not hard at all if the cars are standing still, but at speed when they change cameras or with warm air rippling or with rain or... well anything other than when the cars are standing still it is MUCH easier to tell the difference in T-Bars with one being red and the other yellow.

Absolutely the wrong change to have made.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Manoah2u

Vettel Maggot wrote:http://www.f1helmetstore.com/by_year/an ... 0right.jpg

One of the best modern day designs in my opinon.
+2. Reminds me of Nigel Mansell and Jenson Button's helmet.

furthermore, i think Vettel's new white helmet with german accent is a perfect example of the beauty of a simplistic design that works.

I really don't like Lewis having turned his helmet to white. Especially regarding his comments on his helmet scheme choice before, it's like he's just abandoning his hero Senna, but that might be a bit extreme. Thing i'm saying; i liked his helmet better before; it was just the helmet of Lewis. Now, it's jst another adjusted crowded helmet.

Same reason why Bruno Senna's special edition helmets were so mighty cool

and button's special edition

or kimi's

tragically much better helmets.

i like the redbull-contracted driver helmets least. they tend to look all the same and the
original driver's helmet seems to get 'covered up' in redbull logo's. Understandably, but still,
a shame.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

acosmichippo

I agree, I wish red bull drivers would make their helmets predominantly one color - Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, etc. to make it easier to distinguish between them. Say what you will about Vettel's constantly changing helmet, at least it usually looked much different from Webber's.

TAG

acosmichippo wrote:I agree, I wish red bull drivers would make their helmets predominantly one color - Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, etc. to make it easier to distinguish between them. Say what you will about Vettel's constantly changing helmet, at least it usually looked much different from Webber's.
Given the Red Bull talk of late, we may not have that problem next year. :P
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Morteza

Fernando's helmet:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare