Aesthetics thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Aesthetics thread

Sevach wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31454550

So wider cars, lower rear wing (hopefully wider too it will look extremely weird otherwise).

I hopefully they will increase the size of the front tires together with the rear.
Sounds good - for easthetics.

Sounds really really bad if you concider thinking about it for more then just a second, for the smaller teams;
It would be the final nail in the coffin.

I can't imagine how teams like Sauber, Force India and Lotus will be able to survive such a significant change
in the difficult financial situation they're finding themselves in already.

Let's face it; engines are expensive enough, adding more HP equals a higher price tag. Add to that the tires of pirelli already being quite pricey, and changing it to 18/20" and wider lower profile tires will skyrocket tire prices even more.
18"/20" rims will cost more too compared to the current 13". Add to that development costs in aero, handling and material by widening the cars from 180cm to 200cm, and changing the complete spirit of 'aerodynamics' by lowering the rear wing will cost a whopping load of money - exactly the thing which teams are short of!

At the best situation, we'll see visually more appealing cars.
At the worst situation, we'll see the end of Force India, Sauber, Lotus, and Haas saying 'screw you guys', essentially losing 4 teams in a single breeze, AND discover the FIA as usual makes a total mess of regulations and have even worse looking cars that turn out having huge handling problems, drivers who can't cope with the changes, tires that will blow at every turn, and engines that explode.

It's a tad negative look, true, but have they really thought this through?

Seems like RedBull, Ferrari and Mercedes are the only ones guaranteed to be able to survive this, Mclaren i'm not so sure because there is no way they can indefinately stay alive without a title sponsor, and Williams have been in a difficult situation before and i'm not sure whether they can keep their current improved pace alive with such a hefty change.

That means 6 cars guaranteed, and 10 cars possibly. Meaning every team thus will have to house 3 cars. And then we'll still have just 15 cars! :wtf:

=D> =D> applaud to the F1 circus for more illogical and inunderstandable proposals and decisions. #-o

Ditch costly and artificial DRS, ditch fuel flow limit, ditch artificial tire wear, and lower entry fees, lower ticket prices,
lower wages imposed on the circuits for having a F1 race, and invest more money in race promotion? Banners, posters, tv-spots, Full HD camera's and remove the 'noise cut' that castrates the V6T sound on television, and pair it with interactive TV by being able to view the race on TV whilst at the same time be able to view either of the onboard camera's on your tablet or smartphone? View replays as much as you like on your tablet/smartphone, view timing, pitstops, and 'race investigations' live on your tablet?

F1 is going out of control! wth!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

f1316

Re: Aesthetics thread

My issue with the current cars is that the bodywork rules mean fast equals slim.

This is quite elegant but also much less muscular looking than some cars of the past. The change from 2008 to 2009 encapsulates this:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/01/23/2 ... f2008_top/

I think rules that continue to outlaw the thousands of small wing elements but increase the max size of the overall bodywork would be welcome.