A Research Questionnaire on the British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
B.Brusby

Re: A Research Questionnaire on the British Grand Prix

23 more to go! Come on ladies and gents, get me to the chequered flag!

Thanks again for all your support so far!

B.Brusby

19 to go ladies and gents! This forum has done wonders for my study!

Thanks to the admins and to those who've filled it out :) keep cracking

Richard

I'll sticky this thread to help you out

B.Brusby

Thanks Richard! Appreciate you doing that for me.

Kind Regards

B.Brusby

12 to go!

NathanOlder

Done.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

B.Brusby

Thanks Nathan! Some useful info from that response

andartop

Done it!
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to express our views.
A couple of things:

1. I would be very interested to see the results. Do you plan/could you post them here on F1T, or could I request a summary of your findings?
2. How did you come up with the questions? Was there a scientific process involved - as the way you phrase a research questionnaire can greatly affect the results - or just brainstorming?
3. Do you plan to follow up on this work? Lots more things you could/should ask: most importantly British F1 fans' views on the crappy deal we get with Sky broadcasting all races live for a price and BBC only select few ones for free vs the old model where all races were free to watch (well, still paying TV license...); the lack of internet broadcasting options; value for money for all support races etc.

Thanks!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

B.Brusby

Hi Andartop!

1. I wont be posting the results on this forum, but if you, or anyone else would like to see a copy of the study and the results just send me a private message on her and I can certainly have them sent over to you

2. I've angled the questions toward the basic theory of demand. This is the reason the questionnaire includes such things as ticket prices, travel distance etc... It will allow me to correlate the findings here with the basic theories of demand and compare my results to those studies that focus on different sports :)

3. In regards to following up on this piece of research, I will be identifying paths that future researchers can explore but the only reason I would be following this study up myself, is if I gain employment within an academic setting (at a university). I am trying to do this but whether that will happen or not, I cant conclusively say.

Hope this helps! Thanks a lot

siwillems

Hi busby,I'm have just completed your questionnaire. It struck me that the comment box had a suggestive answer which would skew the results in favour of people commentating that the ticket prices were high. What is your take on this?
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

B.Brusby

Hi,

I have taken this into consideration. I realise the chance of someone being led to provide an answer similar to the example provided is evident. However, I feel that the clarity this example provides outweighs the chance of someone just following the examples provided.

Thanks!

siwillems

Would you be able to email a copy of the results over? I would be quite interested in seeing how the questions were answered, especially from a human behaviour point of view.

Cheers
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

presure2

done!
HTH.

miguelalvesreis

Done!
Hope still on time! 8)

grettu

Personally, if there is not a british pilot and I could afford (F1 is becoming more and more expensive to follow day by day), I would go anyway.

I think many british would do it.