Help needed for seminar report on MGU-H

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tanmay324

Help needed for seminar report on MGU-H

Hello all,
I am a mechanical engineering student from India and an avid follower of this forum. I need to submit a report on 2014 engines and the MGUH in specific. I tried to go through the engine threads but it is a mega thread by now and couldnt find what i was looking for.
Thus can anyone please direct me towards some technical info about MGUH and 2014 engines in general?

Ciro Pabón

Re: Help needed for seminar report on MGU-H

Well, you could use the search box top right. If you search for 2014 engines, you'll find a couple of articles, some images could be useful for your work:

2014 regulations: F1's engine revolution
2014 engines: Heat management

There is also the thread on thermal energy recovery, but it's not a monster thread. It's only 20 pages long.

20 pages long... and seven years of posts... :)

You can read the last pages and cherry pick some useful comments, specially the links to articles provided.

Nice to meet you, tanmay324, you're the kind of person we like around this site. 8) If you can post what you do for the uni or you can include something from your fellow students in this very thread, that would be great.

Really, that would be great
Ciro

Tommy Cookers

iirc .....
Magneti Marelli showed at the Italian GP (Sept ? 2013) their MGU-H stated to be 70 kW
this was posted in the engine thread at that time

R_Redding

You should also take a look at Hondas research documents from their 3rd (2008-9 pre Braun). You will have to register.
https://www.hondarandd.jp/summary.php?sid=23&lang=en
It doesn't cover MGUH obviously but does explain their approach to the Engine,gearbox, MGUK ,batteries, software and ancilliaries.

Rob

tanmay324

Thanks all for the quick response. Will post my work here.