Ferrari Future of Formula 1 Car Design

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Moxie

Re: Ferrari Future of Formula 1 Car Design

Andres125sx wrote:Don´t see it mindblowing, as this theoretical exercises should look like IMO

IMHO future is wingless. Wings are sinonim of drag and turbulence, and that´s not good for the show or the eficiency hype they´re trying to sell now
I tend to agree. I hold open the possibility for the use of small winglets for fine tuning balance, but not for generating gross downforce.

Jolle

toraabe wrote:Well Here we go again .. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/bild ... 38293.html
That just looks like they put a current Williams in the oven for a bit too long...

Andres125sx

Jolle wrote:
toraabe wrote:Well Here we go again .. http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/bild ... 38293.html
That just looks like they put a current Williams in the oven for a bit too long...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mertol

I could design a better looking car than that. Just make it very wide and low and give it huge rear tires you can't go wrong. The rest is just details.

Moose

mertol wrote:I could design a better looking car than that. Just make it very wide and low and give it huge rear tires you can't go wrong. The rest is just details.
So what you're saying is that when Williams made it wide and low and gave it big rear tires it sucks, but when you suggest doing it, it's great?

mertol

No they didn't

f1316

Moose wrote:
mertol wrote:I could design a better looking car than that. Just make it very wide and low and give it huge rear tires you can't go wrong. The rest is just details.
So what you're saying is that when Williams made it wide and low and gave it big rear tires it sucks, but when you suggest doing it, it's great?
Exactly. I mean, you're both right: it's a lot like the current Williams in many ways, only cooler.

It's actually a more realistic concept imho

rich1701

I don't know why these concepts insist on enclosing the wheels in body work. It may be aero efficient but it certainly isn't safe as Justin Wilson's accident showed.

mertol

Safe(er) also less drag = more top speed but I do find covered tires ugly and un-formula 1. This one even looks like the tires are not touching the ground :D

PlatinumZealot

rich1701 wrote:I don't know why these concepts insist on enclosing the wheels in body work. It may be aero efficient but it certainly isn't safe as Justin Wilson's accident showed.
That was the first year of the bodykit they will improve it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sevach

rich1701 wrote:I don't know why these concepts insist on enclosing the wheels in body work. It may be aero efficient but it certainly isn't safe as Justin Wilson's accident showed.
Wasn't it the nose cone?
Plus the closed cockpit on this Mclaren could've protected Wilson.

And of course ovals are a totally different ball game.

noel

nice lmp1 studies as far as i'm concerned. just take next year's wec audi, put it under a press and hey presto, these.
44 | 22 | 14

SiLo

Each team is slowly releasing one and eventually all the team will have released one.

They they should do a Digital Championship like we have on the forum, were the downforce and drag levels are computed and their strategists have to input the best strategy to win races.

Then a year later, they should start their own formulas with cars like these!
Felipe Baby!