The Lamborghini LMP-F Concept Car.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

The Lamborghini LMP-F Concept Car.

Though this is a LMP concept car, it has a whole lot of characteristics that could turn it into a good-looking modern F1 car.
IMHO, just make it a single-seater, ditch the 'aerodynamic' design around the rear wheels, and quite frankly we're there.

It is a very safe car: Driver's head protection through the glass/whatever windshield to protect it from flying debris [wheels, springs, etc], still open-cockpit, and semi-open wheeler. I'd like to go a touch further and see it have open rear wheels [bigger wheels too, please] and have the rear side of the wheels fully open.

what do you guys think?

Some [fantasy] specs:

It was developed by the Dutch designer Sabino Leerentveld, creating a combo of LMP and F1.
Performance goals: 700 kg (1,543 lbs) weight, 1,200 horsepower @ 22,000 rpm, 0-60 mph in 1.8 seconds,
and a top speed of 263 mph (424 km/h) with a low downforce aerodynamic setup.

I'd reckon use of carbon fibre and even more exotic materials, ditching the fuel flow limiter on the V6T so it can peak up to 20.000 RPM, and having more powerfull hybrid powertrain should make it do 1200 HP and achieve these figures.
It would sound amazing, look amazing, and go amazing.

Bernie & Jean, are you reading this?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Re: The Lamborghini LMP-F Concept Car.

so essentially you want windscreens and a wider rear wing?

Belatti
Belatti

Manoah2u wrote:

Some [fantasy] specs:

It was developed by the Dutch designer Sabino Leerentveld, creating a combo of LMP and F1.
Performance goals: 700 kg (1,543 lbs) weight, 1,200 horsepower @ 22,000 rpm, 0-60 mph in 1.8 seconds,

I'd reckon use of carbon fibre and even more exotic materials, ditching the fuel flow limiter on the V6T so it can peak up to 20.000 RPM, and having more powerfull hybrid powertrain should make it do 1200 HP and achieve these figures.

1) It was NOT developed by a dutch designer, it was just drawn by him already 3 years ago
2) It has Lotus colours :wtf:
3) To accelerate from 0-60 in 1.8s you need 4WD and then 700Kg seems difficult. And lets imagine the grooved tyres from the pics are not used.
4) 22,000 rpm? :roll: for that you would need 2 engines at 11,000 rpm each #-o
5) "having more powerfull hybrid powertrain" AND 4WD AND weights 700Kgs :-({|=
6) Please please please (3 times please) do not ask Bernie and Jean to read fantasy specs, they might try to force real human beings to go and build and race them.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Shrieker

It looks sick.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

auaq
auaq

I'll be honest here but that is an ugly looking car. Or whatever it is called.

bdr529

Looks kinda like Ferrari's concept F1 car http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/fe ... car-021715
I like the look of both
http://f1concept.ferrari.com/

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

no it doesnt, this lambo is constructed years before. its the other way around.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

PlatinumZealot

It it ug-u-leee!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

bdr529

Manoah2u wrote:
no it doesnt, this lambo is constructed years before. its the other way around.
I said it " looks kinda like ", I don't give a Sh*t who came first, they still look similar to me

Andres125sx

Similar?

I love the lambo so much better.... that´s a beauty, what a design! =P~

Sabino
Sabino

Belatti wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Some [fantasy] specs:

1) It was NOT developed by a dutch designer, it was just drawn by him already 3 years ago
3) To accelerate from 0-60 in 1.8s you need 4WD and then 700Kg seems difficult. And lets imagine the grooved tyres from the pics are not used.
6) Please please please (3 times please) do not ask Bernie and Jean to read fantasy specs, they might try to force real human beings to go and build and race them.
5 years almost,
and why is 22krpm impossible?...

CHT
CHT

Won't it be nice is the grid are made up of cars with different aero concept and design instead of all looking the same.

woohoo
woohoo

Is it made by Lamborghini ?
No.
Then why do you call it a Lamborghini just because it has a Lamborghini badge ?
If I put a Ferrari badge on my car, does that make it a Ferrari ?

I hate these click bait brand piggybacking "concepts" with a passion.
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sabino wrote:
Belatti wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Some [fantasy] specs:

5 years almost,
and why is 22krpm impossible?...
it isn't. People's imagination can be limited though. So does memory spans.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/11/25/r ... ast-blast/

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/taking- ... -sayonara/

Caterham took the rev limiter off: that's a mandated 18000 RPM back then. that means it ran atleast 19000 RPM.

how about this cosworth engine @ 20.000 RPM @ 0:13 seconds mark

toyota

people lose imagination just because they haven't got the patience or the mindset to focus beyond what's been spoon-fed to them through the current TV programs. Sad though.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Belatti wrote:
'just drawn'. Not a fully developed 3D-project the least. 'just drawn'. So how do you draw with a pencil?
Belatti wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wtf indeed, lotus colours? do you even know the colours of the lambo logo? :lol:

Belatti wrote:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7844

how about production car?

0-60 : 2.2 seconds Porsche 918 Spyder.

do you understand what imagination means? not everybody has to confine himself to asperger's. If nobody dares to think outside of the box or current standards, then one is not living.
Belatti wrote: 4) 22,000 rpm? :roll: for that you would need 2 engines at 11,000 rpm each #-o
#-o #-o #-o look at the post above.
and your answer fails hard. 2 engines at 11,000 rpm each are still at 11,000 rpm each, none of them reach 22,000 rpm.
do you know how high motorcycle engines rev?
Belatti wrote: 5) "having more powerfull hybrid powertrain" AND 4WD AND weights 700Kgs :-({|=
F1 cars weigh mandated 600kgs. they add BALLAST to achieve this. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Belatti wrote:
And this would be a bad thing??? #-o ](*,) ](*,)