The Lamborghini LMP-F Concept Car.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cold Fussion

Re: The Lamborghini LMP-F Concept Car.

Manoah2u wrote:I'd reckon use of carbon fibre and even more exotic materials, ditching the fuel flow limiter on the V6T so it can peak up to 20.000 RPM, and having more powerfull hybrid powertrain should make it do 1200 HP and achieve these figures.
It would sound amazing, look amazing, and go amazing.
Why on earth would you run a turbo engine at 22000 rpm?

Sabino

Cold Fussion wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:I'd reckon use of carbon fibre and even more exotic materials, ditching the fuel flow limiter on the V6T so it can peak up to 20.000 RPM, and having more powerfull hybrid powertrain should make it do 1200 HP and achieve these figures.
btw Manoah2u, where did you get the last couple of shots, thats from a video i did but i have no idea where it went since in the whole YouTube makeover alot of my vids got deleted (i think)

nvm, i see somebody else uploaded it also,...

Manoah2u

Cold Fussion wrote:
because you can :mrgreen: why not?

that wasn't the point tho. the statement was it was not possibile. it actually is possible.
whether it's worth the trouble is a different story alltogether.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Belatti

Manoah2u wrote: 'just drawn'. Not a fully developed 3D-project the least. 'just drawn'. So how do you draw with a pencil?
The "fully developed 3D-project" is at present time the same as a pencil drawing was in the past. Any highschool clever kid that can learn Catia or Solidworks can do what you call "fully developed 3D-project". This forum indeed is full of "fully developed 3D-projects".....
Manoah2u wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wtf indeed, lotus colours? do you even know the colours of the lambo logo? :lol:
That are the colours of the Lambo logo, NOT the Lambo car. In fact, I havent seen factory Lambos racing. It may be because Lambo just builds nice looking cars with a big engines attached, but not race cars. Back then and even now in the Audi owned era.

Manoah2u wrote:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7844

how about production car?

0-60 : 2.2 seconds Porsche 918 Spyder.

do you understand what imagination means? not everybody has to confine himself to asperger's. If nobody dares to think outside of the box or current standards, then one is not living.
A Porsche 918 Spyder takes 2.6 secs, not 2.2
To go 1.8s you would have to get a bit closer to top fuel dragsters specs. Not very durable engines though.
And I do understand what imagination means: just the opposite of a "fully developed 3D-project".
Manoah2u wrote: #-o #-o #-o look at the post above.
and your answer fails hard. 2 engines at 11,000 rpm each are still at 11,000 rpm each, none of them reach 22,000 rpm.
do you know how high motorcycle engines rev?
A motorcycle engine revs as high as its valve train and mean piston speed allows. Usually street bikes reach 16,500rpm and racing bikes a bit more.
A 2,4L V8 at 20,000rpm has a MPS of arround 25 m/s wich is quite impressive.
Current 1,6L V6 at 22,000rpm would have a MPS of arround 38 m/s. So, who does confine himself to asperger´s?
Manoah2u wrote: F1 cars weigh mandated 600kgs. they add BALLAST to achieve this. :roll: :roll: :roll:
2015 F1 cars weight 702Kg and the best teams hardly have more than 10Kg of ballast. Guess whats the biggest side effect the "more powerful hybrid" you imagine has? WEIGHT. A LOT OF WEIGHT.
Manoah2u wrote: And this would be a bad thing??? #-o ](*,) ](*,)
Yes, with all the "imagination" Bernie has, he has turned F1 into what it is today.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Cold Fussion

Manoah2u wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:
because you can :mrgreen: why not?

that wasn't the point tho. the statement was it was not possibile. it actually is possible.
whether it's worth the trouble is a different story alltogether.
Why anyone would choose to run a turbo engine at 22k rpm instead of increasing boost is beyond me.

Moose

Cold Fussion wrote:Why anyone would choose to run a turbo engine at 22k rpm instead of increasing boost is beyond me.
Probably a case of wanting a certain pitch of noise, rather than caring particularly about power or reliability.

Manoah2u

Cold Fussion wrote: Why anyone would choose to run a turbo engine at 22k rpm instead of increasing boost is beyond me .
why anybody would go all rampant on the correctness and real life possibility of performance figures of a concept which by the very artist himself was claimed to be nothing but pure fantasy and wild ideas just for the thought of it, is beyond me...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I can imagine the moments before publishing:

Publisher: "Man, that design looks awesome! how fast will it go?"

Designer: "I dunno, i was making it more of an aesthetic excersize....should go F1 fast i guess! or LMP fast! What do you think?"

Publisher: "Make it extreme! Make it faster! Make it something that would be exiting!"

Designer: "How does this sound: V6Turbo, 22.000 RPM, super light, hybrid, active suspension, etc etc"

Publisher: "That sounds awesome! Sounds like it looks! Incredible....but wait....is it even possible?"

Designer: "Errr...how does V6 Turbo Hybrid powered with a rev limiter at 12k rpm, fuel flow restrictor, maximum mandated electric power supply, 1200kgs curb weight, and pullrod instead of active suspension sound? "

Publisher: "Man, that sounds friggin boring! that would only get loads of negative comments and be branded as unimaginative.....just the thought of it makes me think this car is slow....."

Designer: "Then let's just put up these extreme figures! It's a fantasy design excersize anyway, remember?"

Publisher: "Yeah, let's publish it!"

Designer: "So, what will we do when the naysayers and haters on some F1 forum that like to invent wild theories on testing accidents for no reason and no realism at all hypocritically and double-standardly claim this vehicle is impossible?"

Publisher: "We'll take the popcorn like Alonso did and enjoy"

Designer: "Good idea!"
So.............
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Sabino

Where did the TT v6 came from? It had a v12 or v10 i dont know anymore,...

bdr529

Sabino wrote:Where did the TT v6 came from? It had a v12 or v10 i dont know anymore,...
Who knows? If you wait long enough they might end up putting a jet engine in the car for you Sabino :D

Andres125sx

:D

Manoah2u

Because you can =D> :)

- i'm sure this will get a unfounded downvote, too but who cares - :lol:

awesome. Has there ever been rotary engines in F1 btw?

Belatti

Manoah2u wrote:
Because you can =D> :)

- i'm sure this will get a unfounded downvote, too but who cares - :lol:

awesome. Has there ever been rotary engines in F1 btw?
No, relax. You can put a gas turbine in a car, thats not unfounded, so no downvote there.

Rotary went as far as LeMans with a win in 1991, but never F1.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna