New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kooleracer

Re: New Videos

Juzh wrote:More onboard races :D

F1 2006 - CHINESE GP ONBOARD RACE

F1 2011 - BRITISH GP ONBOARD RACE

F1 2010 - TURKISH GP ONBOARD RACE

Know that you can download all those videos by pressing CTRL + S.

More to come.
I can't watch or download these videos. This is the message that i'm getting: "Unable to play this video at this time. The number of allowed playbacks has been exceeded. Please try again later"
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Juzh

kooleracer wrote:
Juzh wrote:More onboard races :D

F1 2006 - CHINESE GP ONBOARD RACE

F1 2011 - BRITISH GP ONBOARD RACE

F1 2010 - TURKISH GP ONBOARD RACE

Know that you can download all those videos by pressing CTRL + S.

More to come.
I can't watch or download these videos. This is the message that i'm getting: "Unable to play this video at this time. The number of allowed playbacks has been exceeded. Please try again later"
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.

Morteza

Ricciardo vs. Bottas in Formula Renault :mrgreen:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Juzh

Germany onboard mix from canalplus is up:

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-sport/c-f1/pi ... id=1108242

mikeerfol

The Hungarian onboard mix is up as well

http://wtf1.co.uk/hungarian-gp-2014-onboard/

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Hail22

V10, V8 and Turbo 6 comparison on the Albert park circuit...holy hamster furballs!

Even though the turbo is faced with a wet track, it's quite a stark difference in speed / handling especially to the 2013 V8.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Juzh

Red Bull bursts into flames during Russian demo

strad

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Holm86

Dunlop Future Racecar

Cold Fussion

Holm86 wrote:Dunlop Future Racecar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGJo16UW_o
What purpose does the energy recovery serve if the it's being charged all the way along the track? Why is he using a trackpad when using CAD? Any normal person cannot stomach the thought.

beelsebob

Cold Fussion wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Dunlop Future Racecar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zGJo16UW_o
What purpose does the energy recovery serve if the it's being charged all the way along the track? Why is he using a trackpad when using CAD? Any normal person cannot stomach the thought.
The purpose of energy recovery when being charged by the track is to lower the total energy usage of the track. Your question is a bit like "what's the purpose of energy recovery systems when the car is ultimately being powered by fuel?"

And re use of a trackpad, two points - 1) this is a marketting video, not a guy actively doing work on a car, the aim is to make things look clean, and well presented. Mice hanging around on desks don't do that. 2) Actually, most people using Macs do actually use trackpads most of the time, because they're substantially better than anyone else's track pads. So much so that many people prefer to use a stand alone Apple trackpad with their desktop, rather than a mouse.

Cold Fussion

Energy recovery would imply a large onboard energy store, the video suggested a very small onboard energy store, purely acting as a buffer. To recover enough energy so as to render conventional breaks redundant requires that energy to go somewhere, so it either has to go back into the track or stored onboard, both of which render the use of induction charging along the entire circuit questionable.

beelsebob

Cold Fussion wrote:Energy recovery would imply a large onboard energy store, the video suggested a very small onboard energy store, purely acting as a buffer. To recover enough energy so as to render conventional breaks redundant requires that energy to go somewhere, so it either has to go back into the track or stored onboard, both of which render the use of induction charging along the entire circuit questionable.
Depends on your definition of large. ERS only needs enough buffer to store energy for a few corners. I suspect his definition of a "large" energy store is enough for an entire race.