New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: New Videos

works here.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

agip wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:Monaco 2015 onboard highlights here
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
try this
https://vid.me/WPrq

Vettel Maggot

https://video-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvide ... e=556A712B

Sainz came so close to having a huge accident, I never saw this footage during the race

Juzh

Canadian GP onboard highlights from canal+

https://vid.me/1alQ

Manoah2u

i'm just gonna leave this here,

only noting that he did 206 MPH (that's 331 km/h), and looking closely at the speedo suggest he actually hit 210+ mph
[=338 kph] on a turbocharged Kawasaki Ninja H2R.

at the friggin' 'Isle of Man TT'.

anybody that drives motorbikes will really know how insane this was.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bdr529

Good eye Manoah2u, I noticed that the other day but the rider had an app on his phone and that's what they used,
I still took a screen shot of 210 mph and sent it to my brother, the former bike racer, I can't repeat what he said. :o

I can't think of a motorsports event that has benefited more from the GoPro style camera's and Youtube then the IOM TT,

When I was younger the only info you got on the TT was from the bike mags and paper's MCN Cycleworld etc...
then in 1983 V Four Victory with Joey Dunlop came out and that was the first time you got to see a lap on board.

Emmcee

It's insane, major respect for these men with balls of steel.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

Hail22

=P~ =P~

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

[-o< =P~
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u

bdr529 wrote:Good eye Manoah2u, I noticed that the other day but the rider had an app on his phone and that's what they used,
I still took a screen shot of 210 mph and sent it to my brother, the former bike racer, I can't repeat what he said. :o

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/ ... 7oqdfg.jpg

I can't think of a motorsports event that has benefited more from the GoPro style camera's and Youtube then the IOM TT,

When I was younger the only info you got on the TT was from the bike mags and paper's MCN Cycleworld etc...
then in 1983 V Four Victory with Joey Dunlop came out and that was the first time you got to see a lap on board.
about those gopro devices tho,

it's enjoyable to see stuff like this, and, when you're going 330+kph, if anything goes wrong, it's over....but

i'm seeing way too many bikers driving with these things on. i'm surprised actually that it's legal. A helmet is mandatory and they are mandated to have a EU-legislation. simply put; you can't put on a cyclist helmet, it must be a compliant helmet.

but somehow, altering the helmet is allowed. and these go pro devices have shown to be hazardous. it was already stated f.e. that schumacher's injuries are mostly to blame due to the gopro device mounted, where the pedestal [foot] of the device acts as a concentrated mass of energy, instead of having the helmet's entirity to absorb the shock, as where they are designed for.

http://www.outsideonline.com/1921561/danger-zone
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bdr529

I think the 180mph though the Village of Kirk Michael is more of a threat to the riders safety then a 150 gram camera.
There's little indication that wearable cameras cause safety problems for most bikers and skiers. But the story changes a bit when you're jumping out of the sky
Granted I'v never worn a Parachute in 30+ years of riding a motorcycle, :)
however I can see how an out rigger setup could be problematic for some one jumping off or out of something.
My point was focused on the GoPro style camara and the TT, not parachuting or base jumping

The standard GoPro set up is just the suction cup, there is no alteration to the helmet, and it seems the preferred placement for bike racing is on the gas tank, fairing or tail section. the helmet is not the best place for it when it comes to road racing, never the greatest view, and I can't remember the last time I saw someone use a helmet cam at the track.
A helmet or chest/body cam for motocross though is the perfect spot as you ride in a more up right position

As for the guys ridding on the street, the standard gopro camera is no threat to their safety, it's the person in the car playing on their phone or drinking/eating and not paying attention, that's the real danger, that is why you see motorcyclist using them for insurance purposes, in the event of an accident, the rest of them for their own personal vanity I guess.

To your point on how the guys get a way with mounting this to their helmet I don't know ?
I don't think you will see this on the race track, maybe some demo run a round the TT course but not in a race,
Gopro Swivel Mount

Andres125sx

First time I thought about it I agreed, a gopro on a helmet may be dangerous if you crash exactly at that point, but then I realiced about something...

Considering a helmet is more or less an sphere, when crashing the area of the helmet making contact is not higher than the area wich holds a gopro to the helmet, so no, I think it does change nothing

And actually helmets are designed to resist impacts from pointed objects, so a gopro shouldn´t be a problem

bdr529

Manoah2u wrote: it was already stated f.e. that schumacher's injuries are mostly to blame due to the gopro device mounted, where the pedestal [foot] of the device acts as a concentrated mass of energy, instead of having the helmet's entirity to absorb the shock, as where they are designed for.
that was a rumor started by a journalist last October

Jean-Louis Moncet
“I saw [Schumacher's] son recently,” Moncet said last week in French. “[Schumacher] is slowly waking up. The problem for Michael was not the hit, but the mounting of the GoPro on his helmet that injured his brain.”
GoPro said that the company was considering legal action against the rumor’s originator, veteran Formula 1 commentator and journalist Jean-Louis Moncet, noting that his comments were negligent and damaging to shareholders. Moncet, who has since deemed the rumor as opinion and not fact on his Twitter page
“Talking about GoPro, there were no news,” “It was just my opinion. #F1.”
Jean-Louis Moncet also denied talking to Schumacher’s son Mick about the accident.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/201 ... cusations/

FW17

Emmcee

That video was awesome

Juan hit to the head with a chair.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.