2015 Testing Comparative Performance Speculation Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2015 Testing Comparative Performance Speculation Thread

At lower rpms the V6T is like a 4.8 liter engine in terms of torque. The V8 is like a 3.0 Liter engine.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Artur Craft

Juzh wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
Juzh wrote: V6 needs neither
I misphrased. V6t needs ers to assist of course. It's just that it's a seamless operation now
Yeah, that's what I meant. Without those extra 160HP, they can't match the V8s NA

Manoah2u

Artur Craft wrote: Without those extra 160HP, they can't match the V8s NA
Which perhaps is not the fairest comparison because the V8 NA's weren't 'castrated' as much due to very restrictive fuel flow ratio limits and far lowered max RPM, and the demand for more reliability.

I'm without doubt upping RPM levels, the amount of engines permitted annually, and upping the fuel flow ratio limit would usher in a humongeous boost in power levels for the V6T in such ways it would totally destroy the NA V8's capacities, all without ERS added. add to that the ERS and you have a rocket.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"