Alonso's Crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: Alonso's Crash

motobaleno wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
La MP4-30 girerà domani a Barcellona con Button nella stessa configurazione dell'altro test
so you speak Italian? I don't think so. or you are blind or cannot read, sry but when you claim such thing.
what I have to say bro? maybe I'm blind as you say but I don't find the sentence you reported in the article you linked...
and personally of course I'm not happy nor sad if macca uses old mgu-k. It will be just a fact.
anyway nevermind, tomorrow we will see...
it's the second headline.. not shown in google translate... maybe you just missed it.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ME4ME

So now the FIA is investigating the crash.. The thing is, situations like these is why I dislike Mclaren. They always have to be so darn secretive about stuff. Like last year, Mclaren not willing to announce their drivers for weeks etc..

Also, personally I really dislike Boullier since he joined Mclaren. He seems more arrogant now that he is working with Ron. The stuff he says is sometimes pure BS, totally incorrect.

Like Mclaren stating that Alonso is OK and not injured, but has an concussion, which really is brain-injury by definition. And also about the aero-load being constant, but than explaining the crash was caused by the wind, which most definitely would have had an effect on aero-load. Honestly I'm so tired of this team.. :(

BTS
BTS

Another theory:
- FA is going for it as witnessed through T1 and 2
- Picking up speed in T3, while hard on the throttle, he applies a touch of brake to modify balance of the car.
- This triggers MGU-K which stay on (this could explain tires marks)
- FA realise something is wrong and decide to park the car as he knows he wont go any further, still trying downshift to get neutral.
- Then comes the wall as steering has no effect on car trajectory.

ringo

A little traction control theory could also add some spice to the speculation as well.

I am not sure what to make of it because i haven't seen a video. Wind is very plausible to me though. that or Alonso wanting to get out of the car ASAP after something went wrong inside.
For Sure!!

Belatti

Sooooo...............

This guy:

Crashed after loosing control.....

because of the wind.....

Ahaaaammmm......

:?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Leo West

ME4ME wrote:
Honestly I'm so tired of this team.. :(
I think McL is a perfect team for Alonso. But most likely the last season for Button.

Thunder

Imagine what theories People will come up when the FIA Report says the same Thing as the McLaren statement. Almost looking forward to it. This Thread, paired with the Autosport Version are pure Gold. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

cherok1212

History tells us if Nando gets angry with Ron he may all of a sudden be able to recall this incident clearly...
If consistently being 7/10ths faster than you is a "mind game", then yes Jenson, Lewis was playing "games" with you.

mclaren111

Cherok1212:
History tells us if Nando gets angry with Ron he may all of a sudden be able to recall this incident clearly...
You have it spot on. FA did this on purpose to ensure he can get out if things does not improve to his liking :twisted:

George-Jung

Belatti wrote:Sooooo...............
This guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... VYp1ZqLLAM
because of the wind.....
ahaaaammmm......
And how about this one..
Last edited by George-Jung on 26 Feb 2015, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

TheGkbrk

I read on twitter that Fernando may be suffering from 'retrograde amnesia' which can be defined as temporary loss of memory access. This can lead to him missing the first race at Melbourne.
I don't know if this is true or not but I am so angry to Mclaren. Their driver crashes and stays in hospital for 3 days and all they say is it happened cause of the wind.

I am praying since the crash that he is fine and will be back better than before. My best wishes to Fernando.

Italiano

Belatti wrote:Sooooo...............

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... VYp1ZqLLAM

because of the wind.....

Ahaaaammmm......

No dude, tin foil hat off, you're being ridiculous, the wind did it. I'm telling you, someone let rip a good fart in a grandstand and that totally blew him away.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Richard

We're not learning anything new here and we'll be in danger of a global tin-foil shortage.

A few tips:
  • Correlation is not causation.
  • The slip from something 'could' have happened to 'might' have happened to 'did happen' is easy on a keyboard but makes people look stupid.
  • A personal dislike of Mclaren isn't a rational argument.
[/i]

iotar__

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

mikeerfol wrote:Dennis also confirmed Alonso was indeed unconscious after the crash
https://twitter.com/GrandPrixTimes/stat ... 9806772224
It's not far-fetched to assume that they were all (FIA, McL) waiting for some further developments on Alonso's condition, just in case. Unlike all car theories that was the part with hard facts: i.e. extended hospital stay that meant something even as a precaution. Alonso out of hospital = they start talking (Dennis) and doing something (FIA).

Richard

The Ron Dennis press conference didn't tell us anything new. No need to reopen the thread.

He confirmed Alonso has been advised by doctors to rest. Dennis acknowledged some amnesia.

There is an odd quote on twitter that Dennis said Alonso wasn't suffering concussion. The actual quote says "He is physically perfect. He got the symptoms [of concussion] at one stage, but nothing that shows [on a scan]."

Keep your tinfoil in the cupboard.