will 2015 be a 2 horse race ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

will 2015 be a 2 horse race ?

from evidence so far mercedes have maintained their gap to the rest of the field
in 2014 the main competition was between their drivers , but frankly that wouldn't have been the case if rosberg hadn't been gifted a 25 point start , i don't remember a single time when he won a head to head with hamilton ; try formulating a running score for 2014 starting with a win from pole in Oz giving hamilton 25 more and rosberg 7 less and see how the season looks

I am expecting a one horse race with better reliability from mercedes this season ...hopefully much more competition in 2016 !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: will 2015 be a 2 horse race ?

i'm expecting to not be able to expect anything or judge about a single thing untill Q3 and then race 1.

Melbourne 2014 turned out to be quite different than anybody expected. [Magnussen on podium, Ricciardo on podium and getting DSQ whilst beating Vettel, whilst expecting RedBull to greatly have problems, Mercedes to have Lewis DNF, etc].
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

lebesset
lebesset

Manoah2u wrote:i'm expecting to not be able to expect anything or judge about a single thing untill Q3 and then race 1.

Melbourne 2014 turned out to be quite different than anybody expected. [Magnussen on podium, Ricciardo on podium and getting DSQ whilst beating Vettel, whilst expecting RedBull to greatly have problems, Mercedes to have Lewis DNF, etc].
don't agree with that at all .....last year was like watching the first 5 furlong race of 2 year olds ...you can look at the pedigree but anything can happen...and usually does
this year is like watching 3 year olds .....yes, they have developed , but you have some idea of their racing ability !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Juzh

Gon be between 2 mercs.

PlatinumZealot

It does look like it's going to be a 2 horse race again. But I would rather watch a 2 horse race than a 1 horse one.

The other teams will give us enough entertainment fighting for the podium and the odd win. Just enough for my satisfaction. 8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Facts Only
Facts Only

I doubt it, it'll be a one horse race. Hamilton has blown the dam holding back his second title, it'll be like when Schumacher finally got his first title for Ferrari, the rest just flooded in once the pressure was off. Rosberg is now the man under pressure to not become an also-ran number two driver and that will be a heavy burden to carry.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

CevertF1
CevertF1

2 horse race? Nope.. Not unless Nico really steps up. Although Merc really hates it when the two battle so no, I'll expect them not to be battling like Prost and Senna.

It's going to be a one horse race and a veeeeeeery long season for us Non-Merc fans.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

unless they really do have tire deg issues, which would pop the competition's chances all open
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

ringo

The first 2 races wont tell us much. Teams will still be learning about their cars. The picture is not so clear to me about where the other teams stand relative to merc. I somewhat think Williams will be a bigger headache this year, as well as lotus getting back into their 2013 form. If it's a two horse race, the other teams are within striking distance this year if there are any slip ups.
For Sure!!

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Barring reliability issues it will be a 1 horse race for the foreseeable future.

It's simply not going to be possible for Renault, Ferrari & Honda to reach equal terms with Mercedes PU without development being thrown fully open, and even then they may not manage it.

With Sauber, Force India & Lotus asking Bernie to help get them to Melbourne, I predict a LOT of (pie in the sky) talk of returning to V8s for 2016.

Important to state here as well that it's not Mercedes fault that they are so far ahead as to make every race weekend a foregone conclusion barring relativity issues, that's just the 'product' that FOM have created for themselves to market, and as Bernie spent much of last season admitting, it's not an easy sell.

Also important to state for those like myself with no interest in tuning in to races with 2 cars essentially in another category, there is plenty of exciting and unpredictable racing to be found in GP2, GP3, FR3.5, WEC, Indycar, Formula E, BTCC and many more, rather than clogging up the forum whinging about the state of F1.

iotar__

lebesset wrote:from evidence so far mercedes have maintained their gap to the rest of the field
in 2014 the main competition was between their drivers , but frankly that wouldn't have been the case if rosberg hadn't been gifted a 25 point start
Stopped reading at this utter garbage but at least it's something new. What was it the last time, "if we only include races without technical defect with full moon and temperatures between 17-22 and exclude reality Hamilton's domination was unquestionable"?

Rikhart
Rikhart

Facts Only wrote:I doubt it, it'll be a one horse race. Hamilton has blown the dam holding back his second title, it'll be like when Schumacher finally got his first title for Ferrari, the rest just flooded in once the pressure was off. Rosberg is now the man under pressure to not become an also-ran number two driver and that will be a heavy burden to carry.
Except hamilton is not on the same level as prime-schumacher.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Rikhart wrote:
Facts Only wrote:I doubt it, it'll be a one horse race. Hamilton has blown the dam holding back his second title, it'll be like when Schumacher finally got his first title for Ferrari, the rest just flooded in once the pressure was off. Rosberg is now the man under pressure to not become an also-ran number two driver and that will be a heavy burden to carry.
Except hamilton is not on the same level as prime-schumacher.
how could you be able to judge that?

NathanOlder

Do you guys think Nico will be affected by the birth of a child this year ? After he got married his form dipped, could a child be more damaging to his mentality? I know drivers are all different so he might be fine. Just thought I'd ask
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

lebesset
lebesset

iotar__ wrote:
lebesset wrote:from evidence so far mercedes have maintained their gap to the rest of the field
in 2014 the main competition was between their drivers , but frankly that wouldn't have been the case if rosberg hadn't been gifted a 25 point start
Stopped reading at this utter garbage but at least it's something new. What was it the last time, "if we only include races without technical defect with full moon and temperatures between 17-22 and exclude reality Hamilton's domination was unquestionable"?

http://www.pitpass.com/53368/Test-milea ... -surprises

perhaps you haven't been following events ; in any case I only referred to the first race last year , not the ridiculous format you introduced