Token Tactics

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

Re: Token Tactics

story so far

seems odd to me that each token has the same value ...bet there is a vast difference in cost

http://www.pitpass.com/53688/Bahrain-GP ... t-elements
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

lebesset wrote:
pob wrote:Manor are only allowed to used the 2014 PU with agreement of all the teams, they won't be allowed to do a separate upgrade plan too. However, if they find their chassis is competitive, it could be worthwhile to switch to the same upgraded PU as Ferrari if they can afford it and are able to modify their car to fit it.
manor are currently using the 2014 chassis ; the 2015 pu won't fit that it seems
Manor are likely to introduce their new car for Spa or Monza. This car will likely built to be able to take the 2015 and 2016 PU. Manor will need 22 weeks to get 3 chassis built and run. A rumour i heard was they are looking at the 2 day test in Austria for the first chassis for a shakedown and to get initial data, then run the car fully after the summer break.

The idea that i was led to believe is that they will use the Manor MNR01 design, but updated. Then update over the remaining races, then run a massive update package for the start of 2016, then update the car up to twice more in the middle of 2016, then hopefully be right where the team were at the end of the Marussia guise. They should by then be run in a fiscally responsible manner with a proper racing soul and by proper racers. The they team may be able to make the bridge and be in a place to make the midfield a proper midfield and make the pack within 2.5 seconds in Q1.

Then all we will worry about is Haas as i have a feeling 2016 may be tough for them, they might just be a similar season to what HRT/Virgin/Lotus Racing/Team Lotus/Caterham/Marussia have had in the previous 5 years. I have a feeling they will be in that 106%-109% area, if not worse initially.

kptaylor
kptaylor

Where on the FIA site do they post race-specific info from Charlie (or others)? Curious as to how fans will know the number of tokens used and at which races they're implemented.

Juzh

kptaylor wrote:Where on the FIA site do they post race-specific info from Charlie (or others)? Curious as to how fans will know the number of tokens used and at which races they're implemented.
None were used so far.

turbof1

The manufacturers, with exception of Mercedes, all made reliability upgrades. Unfortunaly that does not get published.

Also, it's striking how the Mercedes-teams are still on their first PU component allocations:
There's also no reason, if the PU lifespan is that good, to swap in a new PU next race in Monaco. This makes me very much believe Mercedes is aiming to introduce tokens in Canada. If they stall new allocations to be used until then, they can effectively have 3 out 4 allocations to have the token updates. Ferrari on the other hand can only have at best 2 out 4 allocations under token updates.

Renault in the meanwhile is burning that quick through their legal allocations to the point they will have to take 3-4 times a penalty/driver this season, they basically aren't bound anymore to the 4 allocations anymore. This will be very difficult to predict when and how many times they'll use tokens.
#AeroFrodo

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

ChrisF1 wrote:Apologies if this has already been covered, but has the change to 5 power units been ratified by the FIA or whoever needed to sign off and rubber stamp it?
In case you all didn't hear today, there will be no 5th engine allocated this season. It will stay at 4.

heldervicente
heldervicente

The change for the 5th engine would drive costs even higher.
F1 should at least follow the rules from start to finish of a championship.