2015 German GP - DEAD..............

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djos

Re: 2015 German GP - DEAD..............

Moxie wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Bernie lost perspective some decades ago, I´m looking forward to see if someone restart the paralel championship idea

Since 2008 Indycar has had races in Canada, Brazil, Australia and Japan. I would not consider this a parallel championship, but I suspect that Indycar is looking to capitalize on the decline of F1. These international races give the organization and individual teams experience in moving across boarders with all of the related transportation and customs issues. Furthermore, relationships with track operators, local sponsors and vendors will also be built. If the Canadian, Brazillian, Japanese, or Australian F1 races "die" I suspect Indycar will jump right in to fill the void. I am interested to see if Indycar attempts to fill the void left in Germany. I hope so.
Indy hasnt been here to Aus for quite a few years now. When they merged with CART, they screwed with the calendar and lost the date to V8 SuperCars.
"In downforce we trust"

iotar__

Ecclestone losing or not losing perspective is irrelevant, he is hired for a specific purpose. F1 is for CVC mid-long-term investment because it's measured in years but short-term because of its business model. Buy cheap through bribe and personal connection, move to Middle-East etc., fleece every second, sell with profit. Selling point is closer, wells drying so fleecing intensifies.

If you think Ecclestone is some business genius look at Bahrain, he gave them veto rights for Middle-East expansion in exchange for a quick buck, that's why Azerbaijan is now necessary. Money in hand (flow) is more important than future so tracks come and go, what happens in 5 years is next owner's problem.

FW17

Road shows are a essential part of F1 required for promoting F1 and seeking new fans and sponsors.

With FOM doing nothing, the least they could do is force teams to do at least one promotional event at each Host Country. This would guarantee at-least 10 such events at each Country

bdr529

djos wrote:
Moxie wrote: Since 2008 Indycar has had races in Canada, Brazil, Australia and Japan. I would not consider this a parallel championship, but I suspect that Indycar is looking to capitalize on the decline of F1. These international races give the organization and individual teams experience in moving across boarders with all of the related transportation and customs issues. Furthermore, relationships with track operators, local sponsors and vendors will also be built. If the Canadian, Brazillian, Japanese, or Australian F1 races "die" I suspect Indycar will jump right in to fill the void. I am interested to see if Indycar attempts to fill the void left in Germany. I hope so.
Indy hasnt been here to Aus for quite a few years now. When they merged with CART, they screwed with the calendar and lost the date to V8 SuperCars.
Just a few other things to point out the Indycar race in Toronto has been run since 1986 excluding a couple of years,
attendance wise it's one of the best, again excluding a couple of years. I don't see that race going away anytime soon.
The F1 race in Montreal is just starting a new 10 year deal, that just may out last Bernie [-o<

zorog

Ill just leave this here...

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says the sport is 'sick', and has criticised the teams for being too egoistic.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/eccle ... 1-is-sick/

to do with tv, but shows how in touch Bernie is

bdr529

For a sport that prides it's self on cutting edge technology they always fall behind on the one that's the most important media coverage, other then showing the race on the " tellies " they've left the rest up to the print and tv media to do the band waving,
All he has to do is look at what the other major sports are doing with the internet,

The NHL has had a youtube channel for a long time, I can go online and see any highlight - Replay or Fight I want.
they have video's on player's, coaches, even Fan's. It's the same with the NFL, Baseball, Soccer/Football
And then there's NASCAR very similar to F1 (business model) And for nascar fans anything you could want they give you,

Any fan should be able to go online 1-2 days after a race and see Highlights of it and not just one 3 minute clip (I like the highlight video) but video's of team pit stops, vid clips of the race from different camera angles that didn't get used on TV.
we should be able to see onboard's from every driver, interviews from drivers, team personnel, maybe something informative like how the teams set up the paddock, How do you feed all the team and guests, what do drivers do between the races. lots of stuff they could do but don't
"Before you had a handful of channels - and on one you could watch Formula 1.
Now people can choose from too many options - that confuses."
Formula 1 could take a few hints from the other sports and give the fans more, give them a reason to want to watch more
Every crack addict started with a free taste

FW17

The chairman of the governing motorsport body in Germany, the DMSB, has revealed on Servus TV that the race was cancelled due to a disagreement over just “two to three million euros”.

Representatives of the Eiffel region’s circuit apparently offered “a good sum”. Though Ecclestone rejected it “in his typical style”.

iotar__

WilliamsF1 wrote:The chairman of the governing motorsport body in Germany, the DMSB, has revealed on Servus TV that the race was cancelled due to a disagreement over just “two to three million euros”.

Representatives of the Eiffel region’s circuit apparently offered “a good sum”. Though Ecclestone rejected it “in his typical style”.
I was half-joking about the court case but hurting Mercedes might have been one of the real reasons along with the money. Spiteful little man.

djos

iotar__ wrote: I was half-joking about the court case but hurting Mercedes might have been one of the real reasons along with the money. Spiteful little man.
It almost makes you miss the good old days of "Spanky and the evil dwarf", now it's the "evil dwarf and the invisible man". :(
"In downforce we trust"

Jonnycraig

WilliamsF1 wrote:The chairman of the governing motorsport body in Germany, the DMSB, has revealed on Servus TV that the race was cancelled due to a disagreement over just “two to three million euros”.

Find it hard to believe that Merc wouldn't put up a few millions euros in return for a home glory run...

pob

Mercedes offered to pay half of whatever the losses were.

Andres125sx

pob wrote:Mercedes offered to pay half of whatever the losses were.
what a nice business that people assume there will be losses....

I wonder what will die first, Bernie or F1

FW17

F1 naming rights are so crazy that Mercedes cannot have Mercedes Grand Prix of Germany

Mandrake

Just to do a kind of follow up on the discussion:
The weekend that has just come to an end hosted the WEC race at the Nürburgring, a race series without coverage in German TV, that made 62.000 visitors travel to the Nürburgring. The event was a blast, you could walk through the paddock, admire the cars and the race with its 6 hours duration offered massive pleasure for both eyes and ears. Ticket prices for Sunday were only 40€pP. It shows that despite having 3 German drivers, one of which is fighting for the championship and 1 German team (Mercedes), dominating F1 at the moment is no reason to go the races, if the experience as a whole is not worth it....