First impression of F1 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WaikeCU

Re: First impression of F1 2015

The other day I was watching the Malaysian GP and I thought it was a reasonable exciting race compared to 2 weeks ago when we kicked off in Melbourne, Australia. Later that evening the MotoGP kicked off too on Eurosport, so I watched that race as well. Right from the start I noticed how different the sports are. Every driver was focussed on the job while the camera lens makes its way through the MotoGP grid. The MotoGP grid felt clean and organized, the presentation was exciting and brings out the characteristics of the riders with a touch of sexiness. It oozed testosteron. From determination and focused to playful and laidback characters. Real toreros taming their machines.

It's a huge difference with the F1 grid. When you see DC wandering around like a headless chicken, desperately finding a driver to talk to in the chaotic scenery with a cameraman having all kinds of trouble weaving through the crowdy F1 grid consisting of team members, celebrities and TV reporters and press photographers. Eventually you end up with the same old questions like asked to drivers for example:
"What can you do starting from this position?"
In MotoGP, I often hear the commentators not speaking too much and you would hear the mood of the grid, you will hear the fans cheer from the stands when their heroes are live on broadcast. It's one of the most exciting yet underrated experience a viewer can have.

What happened to this?

Instead we get this:

Sex maybe sells, but F1 doesn't portray the drivers as daredevils anymore, but more like athletes and business men who sell solar panels. F1 has mutated from 'dirty and sexy' to 'clean, efficient and elegant'.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

indeed, F1 is a mere business platform.

Its rediculous Bernie states pitgirls aren't of today's age anymore since media and music industry has turned women
into near full-naked *ss-shaking s*xsymbols. I mean 'anaconda dope', seriously? That's music? I don't hear nobody complaining
there, so why would @ F1?

Its hypocrism at it's finest. Want a rapper to promote F1 but no 'hoochies'.

F1 needs to be a 'Man's' sport, gritty, raw, powerfull. not castrated, which it is now.
I can take and understand the 'more efficient' engines.
Greenpeacing F1 into a tree-hugging society where the participators nit a coat around a tree and only eat
bio-green hipster vegetarian food and wear recycled bamboo shoes is not the way to go, nor are politically
correct grey soulless puppets.

I miss stuff in F1 like Piquet Senior. James Hunt. Ayrton Senna.

You can 'soften' F1 on certain aspects. But one should not completely fluffypuff F1 into a seat pillow.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Glad I am not the only one that finds the driver grid interviews painful and totally unnecessary. You hear the same thing regurgitated a million times, just leave them alone!

giantfan10
giantfan10

Del wrote:Ferrari are not catching up Mercedes... They are however,catching up everybody else :)

2014 Australian Grand Prix, Alonso's Ferrari was 35 secs off the pace of the Mercedes,and last sunday,Vettel was 34.5secs off the pace so... no significant change in my opinion. You have to keep in mind though,that Kimi is a lot better , so if the car really improved that much - bad news for Vettel... I'm still keen to believe that Mercedes keeped the gap the same,rather than looking Vettel as a driver that can't extract the best out of his car.
this is such a crock of nonsense... you are kidding right?
the massive road block called Massa in the williams doesnt count i suppose
well the malaysian GP result should have the mercedes fan boys coming up with interesting excuses.

Gaz.
Gaz.

giantfan10 wrote:
Del wrote:Ferrari are not catching up Mercedes... They are however,catching up everybody else :)

2014 Australian Grand Prix, Alonso's Ferrari was 35 secs off the pace of the Mercedes,and last sunday,Vettel was 34.5secs off the pace so... no significant change in my opinion. You have to keep in mind though,that Kimi is a lot better , so if the car really improved that much - bad news for Vettel... I'm still keen to believe that Mercedes keeped the gap the same,rather than looking Vettel as a driver that can't extract the best out of his car.
this is such a crock of nonsense... you are kidding right?
the massive road block called Massa in the williams doesnt count i suppose
well the malaysian GP result should have the mercedes fan boys coming up with interesting excuses.
Perhaps a 4 times champion in one of the fastest cars on the grid should have got past that roadblock a bit quicker then.
Forza Jules