Spa - speedbumps

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bdr529

Re: Spa - speedbumps

arahman_93 wrote:They need to add these things in canada near the pit area (wall of champions) where rosberg last year thundered across :lol:
Hopefully there won't be a need for that, I heard they are looking at the idea of moving the pit lane back to it's original location

Moose

bdr529 wrote:
arahman_93 wrote:They need to add these things in canada near the pit area (wall of champions) where rosberg last year thundered across :lol:
Hopefully there won't be a need for that, I heard they are looking at the idea of moving the pit lane back to it's original location
I don't remember Canada's pit lane looking any different to what it looks like today. Where did it used to be?

bdr529

Moose wrote:
bdr529 wrote:
I don't remember Canada's pit lane looking any different to what it looks like today. Where did it used to be?
It was just down from the exit of the hairpin, you will also notice that the straight that runs along side the rowing basin was not so straight back then

bdr529

Before the new start/finish straight this is what it looked like the first year I went 1982, we used to stand were the pits are now on a little hill, and back then you could go for a helicopter ride around the track a few times for $75. the helicopter pad was on a floating dock in the rowing basin right were the wall of champs. or chumps??
And this will make you sick, I'm sure it was only $25 for the whole weekend in general admission

ParkerArt

mertol wrote:What was wrong with gravel traps again?
Teams spend too many millions to have a car get stuck in gravel. Bernie and the sponsors don't want to lose car just because they go off a corner. It's why there are miles of safe run-off at every turn on all new tracks. You can't punish drivers with retirements but that's also punishing sponsor's and Bernie's wallets.

mertol

So destroying a car over the bumps is ok but getting stuck in the gravel with no damage is not ok :D