Amateur racing culture

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
bdr529

Re: Amateur racing culture

RacingEngineering wrote:bdr529, reasonable price. But we need to take into account that we dont just book a track for 1-2 days in a year.
First of all, You need to take into account, We don't need to anything. Its your project not ours.
Have you even called a race track up on the phone to get a price ???
RacingEngineering wrote: Giving shares is always good. They will be interested in business development. I will be interested in not overpaying. Meaning that i will own 40% of a track,they will own 40% of my business. 40%=example Basically, why to pay if you can share and own?
Second-- I don't need a lesson in business economics from you, Your still in school and have not graduated as of yet, I Have.
and worked for 20 years in my families business that my grandfather started in 1945, A chemical manufacturing company, that had annual sale of $15 million, we were suppliers to US Steel(Stelco) ArcelorMittal (Dofasco), Westinghouse, Siemens, Canadian Govt., Ministry of Transportation Ontario.
I don't need to talk about being a Business person or an Entrepreneur I did it already and still doing it.

Speaking of doing it, It's been 10 days since you started this thread, and as to date we have yet to see any of your work.
by now we should have seen a spread sheet or 2 with some of you calculations on costs

- A list of 3-4 race tracks that you have called and their prices for rental
- A list of 2-5 different cars that may be used and the associated cost, tax/ licences if needed
- A list of 2-3 different suppliers of car part, tires, batteries, replacement glass
- A list of 2-3 different suppliers of driver safety gear helmets/neck collar, sanitary head cover etc.etc.etc.
- A list of 2-3 different suppliers of fuel/lubricants and means to store and dispose of.
- A list of 2-3 Insurance companies and the differences in policies and coverage's and cost

With out you actually writing anything down and showing us some of the so-called work you've completed, How do hope to have anyone help you. beside telling people to stay on track and "Don't get lost" "Don't Blame -Give Solutions". if you had given them some real data to work with you wouldn't have this problem.

You spend far to much time telling everyone what an Entrepreneur is and how to run a business.
When in fact you have no real experience in either case

So please stop repeating or disputing what everyone else as said or suggested , And Show us some of your work to date.
It took me less then 1/2 hour to gather up my information and cost figures, and check a few websites.
and half that time went to show that you have know clue what you are talking about when it comes to running a business.
RacingEngineering wrote:Bdr29, so my estimations without analysis were right.......
but it proves that this idea is not that unrealistic.
What a joke ! that first analysis I did was fraught with so many inaccuracies, a blind man could have seen them
The only thing I proved is poeple only want to hear what they're already thinking. and I can still sell ice to an Eskimo

SectorOne

RacingEngineering wrote:SectorOne, First, noone did it before that we want to do.
Apart from having price points that will for certain make you bankrupt, what exactly is different?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

bdr529

RacingEngineering wrote:First, noone did it before that we want to do. It is a big challenge and not sure that they able to spend a lot of time and energy for creating it.
Sound a lot like you, Not willing to spend the time or energy
RacingEngineering wrote: Second, i already wrote that for track owners will be better to earn even 1GBP instead of 0.
really just because you say so ?, If you can't cover your cost then its best not to incur anymore expenses

RacingEngineering
RacingEngineering

bdr529, you take my words personally. On this level i can not do anything(cause i have no experience) and can only collect information from you and from different sources. After i will finish it, i will start to analyse all data that i have. You wrote a lot of numbers(in order to prove that i am foolish) but how you can suppose me to take your numbers if i have not analysed them yet. I have no experience just by looking to these numbers to identify if it is correct or just a prank. So it is a meanness from you....Also i write everytime ''we'' to praise work of people who help me. If i would write ''me'' people will get offended. Basically, theory of relativity. If i will write ''me'',people wont like it, if i will write ''we'', you wont like it. So dont take it personally.....Our problem is in understanding. You do not understand my point when i write ''offer solutions'' and ''dont get lost'' and take it personally. I do not understand your points cause some people refer to me on different stages of conversation without reading the whole post and it is difficult for me to manage 20 conversations in 1 thread cause different people talk about different work aspects....Also, how do you know that i will start a business considering a bankruptcy? I will find a solution. Read this message till the end please and you will understand my point.

In order to make it clear i will write once more. I just need in information how i can manage it from technical and managerial points. But some guys here mention financial problems,market problems,track problems. If there is a problem, i will try to find a solution for it but will not give up before proper analysis. On this level i just collect data and will be very very very grateful if you will help me with collecting data for further analysis. And without providing false information in order to reveal that i am goofy. Is is not my fault that i have no experience and noone can blame me for that and taunt me.Thank you for reading.

SectorOne, i repeat for the umpteenth time, if i have any financial problems i will try to find a solution. On this level i just collect data and will start to think about problems afterwads.First i need to collect data. And please be kind to be helpful,rather that showing again and again that it is impossible to do. Moreover, how do you know what solutions i am going to use that you write that i will get bankrupted? All that i wrote before was just a roleplay to explain my vision.

Bdr529, by the way, if you notice, it is just you who have a negative response here. I do not know what private problem do you have with me, but you just critisize,then you try to prove i am silly, then you collect all misunderstandings that i had with the others(it is our misunderstanding,not yours). Why? Calm down. This thread is for identifying ways of changing racing culture.Are you absolutely sure that it is absolutely impossible to change something in amateur racing?You can not be sure. No one can be. That is why you can not just criticize the idea. If you want to do it, please do it in another threas. Here we just identify ways of creating something, not destroying. If you do not like it, so please dont interrupt me and people who want to be helpful. Thank you. Also i put here a lot of ideas and solutions apart of the main idea. So even here you cant blame me that i dont do anything.My ideas were not everytime right but at least i have provided something. Some people provided ideas with Jedi,Cigar shape cars, some gave managerial ideas as increasing revenue from different sources,etc. We work here providing ideas. But what you do? You take everything as an offence and criticize a lot. I think you have a lot of time to spend hours to make excel computations for a pointless prove, that i dont know anything. So who is silly now? Person who try to find information cause he does not have enough? Or person who spend hours for pointless criticizing? Even at the beginning of the thread i asked you not to blame me but you continue, showing who you really are. FactsOnly is also strict but at least i understand him and he understands me. So you can not also say that i avoid criticism. I accept but if you have a point. All that you have is an agression.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

RacingEngineering wrote:a big useless story filled with hypocrism that is too long to read and too much filled without any proper respect against established members
here's a life lesson.

all the effort you just put writing this down, you could have used in using the provided data and doing your homework or project.

stop whining and crying and defending yourself like anybody cares about your opinion.

actually pulling up your sleeves and doing something is the way to succeed in life.
Successfull people don't sit down like a w*nker and ask others to do things ,they do it themselves and learn from it and soon find an advantage over lazy people that only complain how society is a drain on them.
it's what you do with your time and life that makes you either successfull or a complainer.

So get off from that keyboard and call some tracks. It's being chewed out in front of you and still nothing. did you come here for info or just to have something to say against other people that makes you think you are interesting?

nobody wants to read through your post, and the biggest reason is your attitude.

concider this your own free choice in life, free of charge. Whatever you do with the info members here provide you is up to you. Perhaps you'll remember it one day when you complain. Perhaps you won't be as stubborn when that day comes to finally take the advice for granted. or, not at all. or, just take the advice and discover the benefits.

peace.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bdr529

Manoah2u =D> =D>

RacingEngineering You are Lazy that's my issue
RacingEngineering wrote:On this level i can not do anything(cause i have no experience) and can only collect information from you and from different sources
Why can't you find out some of the cost for this by yourself,??? instead of relying on everyone else to do this for you
it cost next to nothing to call a race track and ask them the cost of track rental,
it cost nothing to go online to find out the cost of something like a helmet, Who sells cheap tires, you don't need the exact size a general idea of the cost of a cheap tire for a 14, 15, inch rim, and put this info off to the side for later use,
it cost nothing to call an Insurance company and ask them what type of coverage a business like this would need, you don't even need the actual cost yet, just the knowledge of what is needed and an estimated cost would be fine for a outlook.
There's quite a bit of this research you could be doing yourself,
If I can check 3-4 websites for the cheapest tires, helmets and find out the cost of 20 cheap VW golfs in England from my office in Canada,

There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have done some or any of this on your own

I took the time to call the race track on my own time and this is your reply
RacingEngineering wrote:bdr529, reasonable price. But we need to take into account that we dont just book a track for 1-2 days in a year.
What price did the race track give you when you called...??????????????????
Last edited by bdr529 on 01 Apr 2015, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

RacingEngineering
RacingEngineering

bdr529 wrote: What price did the race track give you when you called...??????????????????
I repeat once more, if you share your business with them, you do not pay them

RacingEngineering
RacingEngineering

Manoah2u, he spent hours for creating a sheet with wrong computations in order to reveal that i am a loafer. HOURS can you believe? So after that you tell me that my text is too long? Ok...But read it at least...Also, for your information,there are a lot of aspects. I make a research on 1 aspect and then will go for the next one. I can not jump from one to another, if any respondent want me to do it. Track problem is not the most serious one so why should i care about it now? If i dont even have a car or a proper business model. Think about it

Bdr529, first, if i am lazy - it is my problem. If you dont like it, pass by. I dont force you to tae part in action. Second, who told you that track problem is the worst one and i have to deal with it first? Third, i work on different aspects as i wrote before. I provide here just names of my ideas but it doesnt mean that i do nothind, if i dont deal with track.I repeat once more you can just advise me what to do first or second, but you perform such a big drama here that i dont deal with track.So what? I ask from you just ideas first,not the way of thinking.I have my own way and you should respect it. Forth, even if i force anyone here to work instead of me, it is not your problem again. Those people have brain and can understand it if they will start to think negatively. But they actually understand what i want here and that is why they are will to help me.
Last edited by RacingEngineering on 01 Apr 2015, 23:53, edited 2 times in total.

bdr529

RacingEngineering wrote:
bdr529 wrote: What price did the race track give you when you called...??????????????????
I repeat once more, if you share your business with them, you do not pay them
Who do you know this ????
Have you called them to find out ????

Again you come to the table with no actual information just some preserved notion

If you had called them for the cost of 1 day rental and then looked at their website to see how many dates they have already
booked then you would have a good general idea of their revenues up to the last date they have rented.
this would give you some ballpark estimation on what 40% (your eg.) of there business is worth

I repeat once more, you don't know because you haven't done any work

bdr529

RacingEngineering wrote:Manoah2u, he spent hours for creating a sheet with wrong computations in order to reveal that i am a loafer. HOURS can you believe?
15 minutes that's all it took,. not the hours that you have misquoted
bdr529 wrote: It took me less then 1/2 hour to gather up my information and cost figures, and check a few websites.
and half that time went to show that you have know clue what you are talking about when it comes to running a business.
I found some of your research work back on page 1
RacingEngineering wrote: i ticked a 0-150 GBP range on website and there is absolutely no option.

That's some hard work you've done there, you should take a break
RacingEngineering wrote: I study Master of Entrepreneurship in UK and i am aware of all costs.
And yet we still haven't seen any of these cost that you are aware of.

There's a big difference to being aware and actually knowing

RacingEngineering
RacingEngineering

Running business is a further process. Tracks,finance,demand,investment sources,strategy,etc - all these data are secondary. First ''I'' have to think about the product that i will deliver. If there will be no product, there will be no business and no need for track.

Here we discuss ways of creating or using something that will be less costly. Jedi, Go-Kart,Double size Go-kart, Golf2, MX5, Lotus E51, Luso, EV etc.

The choice of a vehicle will affect a business model. We will decide then to create a series, or to deliver cars to different tracks, or to book a track, or to create a partnership with a track owners.
Last edited by RacingEngineering on 02 Apr 2015, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

bdr529

RacingEngineering wrote: Second, who told you that track problem is the worst one and i have to deal with it first?
don't recall saying that please provide me with this quote

bdr529

RacingEngineering wrote:Running business is a further process. Tracks,finance,demand,investment sources,strategy,etc - all these data are secondary. First ''I'' have to think about the product that i will deliver. If there will be no product, there will be no business and no need for track.

Here we discuss ways of creating or using something that will be less costly. Jedi, Go-Kart,Double size Go-kart, Golf2, MX5, Lotus E51, Luso, etc.
Then why don't you put this information down on a spreed sheet for people to see and then you can start to see were changes can and need to be made
You list 8 different cars above but you don't provide any related info or cost to these cars. so how do you actually know that anyone of the above cars are not adequate for what you want and with out any of this info to look at,
you can only surmise that there all perfect for using as a rental car

RacingEngineering
RacingEngineering

Go-kart = no comments
Golf2 = does not suit because of costs
Lotus E51 = F1 car, no access
Double size Go-kart = not created (i am not an engineer to predict how good it can be)
Jedi = not for amateurs
Mx5 = need to test (But i am not a J.Clarkson)
Luso = expensive

So in order to find best solution, you should talk to engineers that i do here in this thread as it is a technical forum. Business is secondary. Product on the main scene, at least by now.

Personally i would prefer low, wide car with roll cages outside the cabin(even if it worsens aerodynamics) with speed range 50-150mph(speed will also affect the track choice). Fuel and Braking will be the biggest problems so these 2 factors are the most crucial on identifying the best vehicle.
Last edited by RacingEngineering on 02 Apr 2015, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.

R_Redding
R_Redding

andylaurence wrote:Half of fuel costs in the UK are the taxes, so you could look to run cars that use tax-free or cheaper tax fuel. As the cars are not running on the road, could you use red diesel?
No....................

Only vehicles that are being used for construction ,forestry or farming work classify as exempt vehicles and can use red diesel.

And sporting land used for amusement cannot use red in its equipment either. Lots of golf courses have be caught out by assuming that they could use red in their mowers etc , but as the land is recreational they strictly should not.
It can get quite daft .. I have a Scheaff HR16 digger that can use red on farmland and construction sites , but if I dug a trench on recreational golf course land I can't use red and should drain all red out and refill.