The Maurizio Arrivabene show

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

The Maurizio Arrivabene show

OK, Maurizio Arrivabene is pretty likeable from the get go; but I wonder if after a while, the overly dramatic demeanor he is putting on, whether real or fake, is going to get stale soon and everybody will hate him by then. Sorta like Eddie Jordan. He was a funny little gnome at first, but after a few bumbling cock-ups on the mic he was just plain annoying. Maurizio is not as annoying - yet! but he makes a big drama out of everything! A bit too suspicious I'd say.. I am not sure how other people view him though.. so I want to see if it is just me.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

SilverArrow10

Re: The Maurizio Arrivabene show

I like him, exactly what Ferrari needs. Great with the fans too according to Peter Windsor. I haven't really paid attention to many of his interviews though, just the first press conference where I like to think he spent the whole time flirting with Claire Williams even though I doubt he was. He is passionate about Ferrari, loved the story about Schumacher's family even if I think it was blown up by the media. Think that is why he was chosen. Nothing wrong with caring.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Gaz.

I quite liked his "no money no honey" comment and he seems quite personable.
Forza Jules

evered7

I haven't seen any overdramatic demeanor from him yet. Could you highlight some if you have the info handy?
If that was the crying after the win, I think its a normal affair for the them when they got a win after a long time (horrid one especially).

PlatinumZealot

Watch his first ferrari press conference when he puts his scarf on the chair. And the way he hugs everyone all the time at the races. It seems so "movie like" Dare i say almost like watching a reality show.....
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

mf2929

he's doing fine.. as long the red cars stays on the front row i don't really care what he do or says.. he's pretty 'honest' if i say
"as long as I know that I'm giving 100% and I'm happy with my driving then I'm happy. If those aspects are true and it's not enough, then it's not enough."

bdr529

I thought he was a good choice by Ferrari, and I like the fact that he stuck it to Bernie the first chance he got
Maurizio Arrivabene says he took to the grandstands during Formula 1 testing at Barcelona as a protest against proposed pass restrictions on teams this season.

SectorOne

There was a quick snippet from Malaysia or Australia where Kimi and him was talking which made Kimi have the biggest smile i have ever seen.
Then they proceeded to fist bump each others shoulders. Seems like a perfect fit for Ferrari.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

timbo

One thing to remember is that he is not a new guy in F1. He was in paddock for years being in charge of Phillip Morris relationships in F1.

Montyinct

I like him a lot, he comes across like a genuine guy which is refreshing.
I love that photo of him in the stands. Very cool!

Manoah2u

i respect Maurizio Arrivabene for being 'the right italian guy' at 'the right italian brand' at 'the right time'.

I not so much hated Ferrari under the 'siege' of Domenicali, but it was characterless and empty. Marco Matiazzi always
was a question mark as to why on earth's name he ended up there and what was going to happen. Guess the assumptions
had been correct that he'd be an interim supervisor to make up 'balance' and 'inquiry' about current Ferrari F1 affairs.

I think he reported his discoveries to Ferrari and be 'the cause' of some shifts, with the ability to 'take the fall' ; Respect also needs to be given to Matiacci for atleast being part of the 'restructuring' of the Scuderia.

In any case, Maurizio definately is the best team leader Ferrari could wish for, and the Vettel & Arrivabene-Allison combination most definately has the ingredients of being the Schumacher & Todt-Brawn era. Kimi looks very much happy and i think is a great addition. I wouldn't replace him unless it would be Hamilton, though i think Lewis has too much of an 'image' and less of the 'bonding' Vettel does posess. I don't think we won't see a Barrichello 2.0 with kimi. First off because it's kimi, second off because i simply don't see Ferrari doing that again.

I have much respect for Schumacher but i feel Vettel is 'less' of an ego and more of a teamplayer compared to his teammates then the great german.

Maurizio is a very passionate man and is the perfect man for Ferrari. He'll be there for a long, long time.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Juzh

Is op really deserving of -4 status? He's just stating his opinion after all.

ChrisF1

Hard to say Schumacher wasn't as much of a team player as Vettel - I see them having the same traits. Schumacher spent hundreds of hours pounding around the test tracks to learn everything he possibly could. Vettel went to the Pirelli factory to learn about the tyres when there was the switch over - they're both meticulous in their details and seem to have a personality that unites people.

Tim.Wright

Juzh wrote:Is op really deserving of -4 status? He's just stating his opinion after all.
Could it be that the general consensus is that the F1T community aren't interested in seeing this type of handwavy, unquantifiable, fanboy ranting crap popping up on the front page?
Not the engineer at Force India

Vasconia

I really like him, he seems to be very passionate but very professional at the same time. He is really the typical Italian I could expect to see in Ferrari with a lot of strenght and passion. Domenically looked so weak and pale in those aspects.. :?

The only thing I havent liked about him if that he has supported with his comments the recent trend in Ferrari to undervalue what Alonso did in Ferrrari the last years with so unfortunate and stupid sentences like "Alonso has two championships but Vettel has four". Its like, come on... :roll: