"Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan

Re: "Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Racer X wrote:Maldonado will he DNF some more? lets just hope he doesnt ruin tomorrow race start....
That was my first thought after qualifying. I can see him trying a "hero lunge" in to turn 1 and ruining someone's race. Just hope it doesn't affect a title contender. Vettel must be nervous being so close to "The Crash" on the grid. The Mercedes duo likewise.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Racer X

i always fear for those near him. when he comes near my favorite drivers i just cross my fingers.... lol.... But for the most part he only takes himself out so its not that big a deal,,,, lol..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Jonnycraig

ESPImperium wrote:Personally, the bloody points system on their licence is stupid and is there for teams like Lotus who need Maldanado for the money he brings. I have always said that the system is confusing and is there to protect dangerous drivers who bring money. I believe the system should be changed for reprimands to be used in the form that yellow/red cards are in football (Soccer for the USA) where 3 reprimands make a race ban, and every two there after is a 2 race ban. However if two reprimands in one weekend are given to a driver, he has to BOX immediately if it is in race he receives his second reprimand and then take a two race ban.

This would mean that Maldanado would have had a race ban before Hungary and he would have been given Spa and Monza off after Hungary. It would have been nice for Palmer to have been in the car, and I'm thinking Grosjean would have liked it as he would have been in the car in FP1.

The penalty driver system just aint fit for purpose for me. Its too contrived and should be there to make drivers safe, and finally, easy for the F1 fans hardcore to casual to follow.
The only way Maldonado will get a race ban is if he takes out championship challengers like Grosjean did in 2012. So long as he keeps hitting also rans, it will be swept under the carpet.

Hail22

What I'm curious to understand is why at :06 did he jerk the steering from left to right as soon as he got some form of traction? It looked as if he was intentionally aiming the front end of his car for the wall, perhaps to protect the rear from impact which may of damaged the gearbox?

Last edited by Hail22 on 23 Aug 2015, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SimRacer

delete please
Last edited by SimRacer on 18 Sep 2015, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Racer X

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Yeah its looks like a simple accident the SPA crash well he didnt finish the race today so oh well. Yet another DNF i hope Lotus get a new Driver.

zeph

You can't blame him for today. He had a great start, passed Grosjean, and his engine failed.

Blackout

zeph wrote:You can't blame him for today. He had a great start, passed Grosjean, and his engine failed.
“We haven’t looked at everything on Pastor’s car yet but we know there was a big excursion over the kerbs which appears to have caused some damage to the power box so a big shame as he should also have achieved a strong result here," said technical director Nick Chester

SilverArrow10

zeph wrote:You can't blame him for today. He had a great start, passed Grosjean, and his engine failed.
He started ahead of Grosjean, he had an average start.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

zeph

SilverArrow10 wrote:
He started ahead of Grosjean, he had an average start.
Correct, my bad.

So who overtook whom then? I thought I saw one pass the other, and by the end of lap 1 MAL was ahead of GRO. I assumed he had passed him.

Racer X

So based on what his technical director said he over drove the kerbs. Trying to "push the limit" i read an Article in which he defends himself from the Crashtor nickname and excused himself saying he looks for the limits.... I guess its valid to always push the limits...... too bad he cant finish a Race. DNF caused by engine failure caused by bad driving over kerbs i think is his fault.

i70q7m7ghw

He smashed the drive train jumping over the kerbs, it wasn't an engine failure.

xDama

Diesel wrote:He smashed the drive train jumping over the kerbs, it wasn't an engine failure.
Indeed. It's just crazy to see what this guy is capable of in terms of destruction.I can't believe there are still people defending his 'skills'.

He's getting destroyed by Grosjean in qualy and race. The only thing Pastor' destroying, are Lotus-cars.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Sixbarboost

I'm sure it has been shown before on this thread, but it's my absolute favourite with the Reverend, crashing on a demo-run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbOcIvTvko

r_b_l

xDama wrote:
Diesel wrote:He smashed the drive train jumping over the kerbs, it wasn't an engine failure.
Indeed. It's just crazy to see what this guy is capable of in terms of destruction.I can't believe there are still people defending his 'skills'.

He's getting destroyed by Grosjean in qualy and race. The only thing Pastor' destroying, are Lotus-cars.
Ca$htor in this case?