"Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: "Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Sixbarboost wrote:I'm sure it has been shown before on this thread, but it's my absolute favourite with the Reverend, crashing on a demo-run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbOcIvTvko
yeah but to be honest, he's not the first nor the last to have done such a thing. Our great Japanese friend did it with a Ferrari. And Verstappen did it with a toro rosso. Even more, it's been theorised that these crashes might even be caused by the anti-stall device, which certainly lays in the realm of possibilities and would actually then not be a driver error but machine error.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Racer X

Manoah2u wrote:
Sixbarboost wrote:I'm sure it has been shown before on this thread, but it's my absolute favourite with the Reverend, crashing on a demo-run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbOcIvTvko
yeah but to be honest, he's not the first nor the last to have done such a thing. Our great Japanese friend did it with a Ferrari. And Verstappen did it with a toro rosso. Even more, it's been theorised that these crashes might even be caused by the anti-stall device, which certainly lays in the realm of possibilities and would actually then not be a driver error but machine error.

The person in the video says these words i think you should all hear:

"He' always does this it would be weird if he didnt crash" then they cheer him on anyways....... wt hell...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

FW17

I think lotus put sub standard parts on the car at spa. Thank God only the clutch broke rather than something more critical. Lotus even admitted that they were strapped for parts.

17 G on is not much, I remember Alonso taking a kerb at yas marina with an impact some 3 times that of Maldonado and still finished the race.

In the current situation I think fia is to ensure that teams in the bottom are running parts within their service life and not beyond. And ensure the safety of driver and spectator.

Fulcrum

Pastor is a highly appropriate driver to have in a team sponsored by Microsoft.

Both crash constantly, usually without reason.

Racer X

Fulcrum wrote:Pastor is a highly appropriate driver to have in a team sponsored by Microsoft.

Consistancy is what we can take away from this particular partnership. As apposed to progress.....

i70q7m7ghw

I like to just remind people from time to time why Pastor Maldonado is only in Formula 1 because of money:-
Racing in the Renault World Series in 2005, the then 25-year-old ignored yellow flags before striking and severely injuring a marshal.

Organisers of the Monaco grand prix reacted by banning Maldonado from the street circuit for life.

Germany's Bild revealed that Maldonado's wealthy father intervened, promising to pay for the marshal's recovery and rehabilitation from a broken back.

That intervention saved Maldonado's future formula one career, as no team would hire a regular driver that cannot participate in the sport's most famous race.
It was actually discussed on this forum many moons ago:-
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1326

Alain Frost

Fulcrum wrote:Pastor is a highly appropriate driver to have in a team sponsored by Microsoft.

Lol!!

kptaylor

I didn't see film or any specific comments (other than his own) regarding how he DNF'd in Monza. He said he and Hulk came together, but who was assigned blame and what exactly happened?

drunkf1fan

In another race with a crappy race director who managed to miss such an incident(thinking Massa's puncture in Monaco and the front wing piece coming off at the swimming pool) we really didn't see the contact which apparently it involved 4 cars. Maldonado was on the outside, two cars on the inside made contact or swerved into a third guy which I guess is Hulk who pushed Maldonado off who hit the curb.

Thing is rather like with Spa, that Lotus just seems to fall apart at the slightest touch. Yes sometimes you get unlucky hit a curb and do break the car, but we've seen cars hit a curb launch in the air land hard and carry on, we see people hit sleeping policemen fairly regularly and continue. Yet he hits a curb and the floor breaks in half(or I think I heard that anyway). As someone above said, we've seen bigger impacts than 17G and a car not just break. Seems like Lotus is saving money by using paper mache instead of carbon fibre.

BanMeToo

Diesel wrote:I like to just remind people from time to time why Pastor Maldonado is only in Formula 1 because of money:-
Racing in the Renault World Series in 2005, the then 25-year-old ignored yellow flags before striking and severely injuring a marshal.

Organisers of the Monaco grand prix reacted by banning Maldonado from the street circuit for life.

Germany's Bild revealed that Maldonado's wealthy father intervened, promising to pay for the marshal's recovery and rehabilitation from a broken back.

That intervention saved Maldonado's future formula one career, as no team would hire a regular driver that cannot participate in the sport's most famous race.
It was actually discussed on this forum many moons ago:-
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1326
Yup I like to bring this up occasionally as well. Big payoff and damn did it happen quickly. Only a few outlets reported it (Autosport was one) before the cover ups and story retractions started... pathetic. He deserves every DNF, it has been pretty awesome to watch his 2015 season. Maybe he'll get booted if Renault takes over.

SiLo

Maldonado brings in lots of sponsorship money. To cover all the car repairs the team have to perform because he keeps crashing or breaking it.
Felipe Baby!

Racer X

But is that even good for the image of 'Lotus with two drivers that have such contrasting reputations. Maldonado is probably the only driver with so many wishing he leave F1....

BanMeToo

Lotus is in financial crisis, they really can't just turn his money away unless Renault buy out.

graham.reeds

Did anyone see the Sky F1 prerace fluff on Sunday? Pastor almost crashed a rowing machine!

pob

I enjoyed the rowing race more than the actual grand prix! The drivers seemed really into it, apart from Massa who had no chance.