"Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hail22

Re: "Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Mark Webber has come out swinging in regards to Pastor and pay drivers in general:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport ... 7520953033

I think he may be to my recollection the first person to directly call out Pastor as a "useless" commodity in Formula 1? I may be mistaken.
“Pastor [Maldonado], for example, saying ‘I haven’t made my decision yet where I’m going’. What other sports work like that? If you’re not performing, mate, on your bike, get out of here.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

for those not keeping track:

Pastor has 8 DNF's this year compared to Grosjean's 4. EIGHT out of 12 races.

Grosjean has 6 points finishes compared to Pastor's 2.

How much more evidence does everyone need? The guy just doesn't have enough control for F1. His Williams win was a fluke, and they should feel lucky he moved to Lotus. I don't even like Massa very much, but even he is lightyears ahead of Pastor.

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

acosmichippo wrote:for those not keeping track:

How much more evidence does everyone need? The guy just doesn't have enough control for F1. His Williams win was a fluke, and they should feel lucky he moved to Lotus. I don't even like Massa very much, but even he is lightyears ahead of Pastor.
Firstly your downvote didn't come from me....I don't like any posts getting downvotes unless they are just trolls!

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Pastor fan but those stats aren't really giving the full story are they?
Out of Pastor's 8 DNF's how many we're caused by car problems or problems outside of his control...i.e. crashes into him?

Take Monza for example, he had to take avoiding action and catapult across those speed humps at the start...i heard that broke his floor because of the impact.

Now like I said, I'm by no means a Pastor fan, there's nothing more I love to see than Grosjean dominate him (purely in an F1 way), however I think it's fair to say we all have a special place for that enstone team, which for many years now has been being saved by Pastor, what other driver on the grid can bring his budget?

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

KeiKo403 wrote:

Firstly your downvote didn't come from me....I don't like any posts getting downvotes unless they are just trolls!

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Pastor fan but those stats aren't really giving the full story are they?
Out of Pastor's 8 DNF's how many we're caused by car problems or problems outside of his control...i.e. crashes into him?

Take Monza for example, he had to take avoiding action and catapult across those speed humps at the start...i heard that broke his floor because of the impact.

Now like I said, I'm by no means a Pastor fan, there's nothing more I love to see than Grosjean dominate him (purely in an F1 way), however I think it's fair to say we all have a special place for that enstone team, which for many years now has been being saved by Pastor, what other driver on the grid can bring his budget?
Fair points, and now for your next trick, do you fancy justifying how Grosjean is 11-1 up in qualifying, despite giving about 7 FP1 sessions up to Jolyon Palmer?

MadMatt
MadMatt

Hail22 wrote:Mark Webber has come out swinging in regards to Pastor and pay drivers in general:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport ... 7520953033

I think he may be to my recollection the first person to directly call out Pastor as a "useless" commodity in Formula 1? I may be mistaken.
“Pastor [Maldonado], for example, saying ‘I haven’t made my decision yet where I’m going’. What other sports work like that? If you’re not performing, mate, on your bike, get out of here.
Coming from someone that just "got there" because he had a Red Bull...

I will still remember the pair Klein-Webber, one of the worst pair I've ever seen in motorsport. For sure Maldonado is not a good driver, but I don't think Webber has the right to say that since for example he only scored 1 win in 2011 (11 for Vettel) and 0 in 2013 (13 for Vettel)... :roll:

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

That one win in 2011 was gifted as well. I disagree with your comment about Klien and Webber being a terrible partnership - I think Klien has shown he's a capable driver, particularly when he jumped into the HRT and outqualified his team mate by a big margin.

Scuderia Nuvolari
Scuderia Nuvolari

Does abyone know where all this "so called" money is coming from?

Andres125sx

Is that a serious question?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDVSA

Scuderia Nuvolari
Scuderia Nuvolari

So you believe that the Venezuelan government (PDVSA)is sponsoring the lotus team? If this is what you believe then do you also believe that "all this money" was earned legally through the petroleum industry?
I believe in Santa Clause.

Scuderia Nuvolari
Scuderia Nuvolari

http://www.latinnews.com/component/k2/i ... pdvsa.html

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs ... il-company

http://m.eluniversal.com/economia/15031 ... lves-pdvsa

Have you ever heard of the cartel of the suns? Their name keeps coming up in these allegations, the farc also.
Last edited by Scuderia Nuvolari on 12 Sep 2015, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

So you were ironic, ok

Even if it´s money earned legally, it´s from a state-owned company from a country with very debatable government. Ask Leopoldo Lopez´s family, as Leopoldo will be difficult to ask in person in next 14 years...

Anycase this is F1, not the best sport to bother about politics, at least after Bernie decided Abu Dhabi or China are better countries to host a race than France or Germany

Scuderia Nuvolari
Scuderia Nuvolari

Did I bring up politics? If I did, I apologize. :D
Do you think bernie will ever let us vote? :roll:

Andres125sx

Scuderia Nuvolari wrote:Do you think bernie will ever let us vote? :roll:
How many private organizations do you know that let us vote about their decision? :roll:

Racer X

Grosjean is also a horrible driver when you look at the raw data.

Pastor just happens to be twice as bad... but truthfully Grosjean is a great driver and Maldonado is still horrible.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Scuderia Nuvolari wrote:So you believe that the Venezuelan government (PDVSA)is sponsoring the lotus team? If this is what you believe then do you also believe that "all this money" was earned legally through the petroleum industry?
I believe in Santa Clause.
I don't think that anybody is naive enough to not acknowledge that the money comes straight from the national budget, through pdvsa. Maldonado also comes from an independently very wealthy family.