"Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: "Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Did he dive?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

charlex

worst driver ever seen so far. also perez is a zero

Blanchimont

FrukostScones wrote:Did he dive?
For sure!
http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/article/1 ... ugout-dive

I also liked him testing the off road capabilities of his Lotus today. Very impressed by this man.
https://twitter.com/F1/status/589035386304864256
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Gaz.

Facts Only wrote:No driver who has won a race can ever be considered for "worst driver ever", its not like he even lucked into that win or benefitted from others unreliabilty. He won it fair and square.

Most eratic driver ever... maybe. Slowest learning driver ever.... perhaps.

If he could calm it down, learn from his mistakes and use his speed well he would be a good driver.
Yet on the other side of the argument, there doesn't seem to be any progression or learning from past mistakes.
Forza Jules

PlatinumZealot

Kingshark wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:I actually rather have Crashtor in my car than Kova or Heidfeld to be honest.
Nick was a great driver, especially in 2007.
He used to be my favourite driver as I was a BMW fan.... BUT... Heidfield has shown he does not have the unrelenting desire to win races.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Charlatan

How can you possibly help feeling unconditional love for a driver who can bin it on a demo-run in front of his home crowd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbOcIvTvko

FrukostScones

jericho

Maldonade has no shame, no brains, but enough money to keep him having his hobby!
Hope Lotus will have a decent sponsor next year so they can put a good young driver in the car.

FrukostScones

jericho wrote:Maldonade has no shame, no brains, but enough money to keep him having his hobby!
Hope Lotus will have a decent sponsor next year so they can put a good young driver in the car.
dream on :mrgreen:

Facts Only

Gaz. wrote:
Facts Only wrote:No driver who has won a race can ever be considered for "worst driver ever", its not like he even lucked into that win or benefitted from others unreliabilty. He won it fair and square.

Most eratic driver ever... maybe. Slowest learning driver ever.... perhaps.

If he could calm it down, learn from his mistakes and use his speed well he would be a good driver.
Yet on the other side of the argument, there doesn't seem to be any progression or learning from past mistakes.
That's the same.side, I was saying he doesn't learn anything which is a shame because if he did he would be pretty good as he has some raw speed.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Manoah2u

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

f1316

xDama wrote:
Richard wrote:
xDama wrote: In China for example, he overshot the pitlane entry 1x during FP and 1x during the race. You don't make those mistakes, after 12 years of single seater experience, if you're a good driver.
ahem - Hamilton 07? Admittedly his team left him out until his tyres were worn down to the carcass.
Yeah, it was in 2008 for starters... Only his 2nd season of F1 and 7th in single seaters, and it was super stressful race. Pastor is driving his 12th season in single seaters by now.
No, it was 2007

Manoah2u

:lol: fanboy downvote for posting a maldonado video in a maldonado thread :lol: this is getting more rediculous by the day :lol:

so here's another one for the weak souls that can't swallow a pill :lol:
https://twitter.com/stefan_f1/status/589543682514235392 a maldonado comment for free to downvote upon, knock yourself out :lol:

Anway, worst diver ever i dunno, your average high school drunk i'd say.
Worst F1 driver? that's subjective.

Chanoch Nissany would be a lad to get lots of votes there....
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

void

Charlatan wrote:How can you possibly help feeling unconditional love for a driver who can bin it on a demo-run in front of his home crowd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbOcIvTvko
He was just showing his biggest tallent

bhall II

I think any discussion of F1's worst is incomplete without at least a passing mention of Yuji Ide, a driver so challenged by the notion that only a single car can safely occupy any given space at any given time that the FIA revoked his Super License after only four races.

Here he is providing Christijan Albers with an impromptu tour of the gravel trap outside the Villeneuve curve at Imola in 2006.

So traumatized by the event was his poor car that it later spontaneously disassembled itself rather than complete a race in Ide's homeland.

The struggle is real.