100 kg of fuel, who would win?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
langwadt

Re: 100 kg of fuel, who would win?

Manoah2u wrote:snip
key point here i assume though is that i believe the fuel flow restrictions are put in order to slowly 'move the sport away' from fuel-consuming engines and start aiming for supposedly cleaner energy sources, in this case, electric power.
The fuel flow restriction is there to keep them from making 1000s of hp and drive and at speeds the tracks are not
designed for

mrluke

I doubt you'll be seeing a Samsung racing team, Bernie is adamant that F1 is not for Samsungs target market.

PlatinumZealot

NL_Fer wrote:An F1 car is not a sportscar. There is no room in front to fit a MGU and axles. Also the weight distribution would change new aero is needed. Let them just increase the power of current engine and see if the show gets better.
There can be room. Why not?

The porsche 919 has a very small front wheel KERS+gearbox. A formula 1 is much lighter and takes less stopping torque so the gearbox can be downsized somewhat.

Remember the RIMAC powertrain? The F1 car would need something smaller.. I think it is possible without altering the tech regs too much.

๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Manoah2u

mrluke wrote:I doubt you'll be seeing a Samsung racing team, Bernie is adamant that F1 is not for Samsungs target market.
Well ok,

IKEA F1 Racing Team,