[F1T Fantasy Game] Season 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Spencifer_Murphy

[F1T Fantasy Game] Season 2006

Hi there friends.

After a lot of PM's and an MSN chat with Tomba it is here. I give you:

The F1Technical Fantasy F1 Game

Basically this is a fantasy F1 management game based on the real F1 season.

Here is how it works:

1. Pick a team name
2. Pick three drivers
3. One chassis constructor
4. One engine

Pick items 2,3 & 4 from the list below. Calculate the total cost of your team this MUST NOT get over budget. once your happy PM me with your entry and I will enter you into the game (a database on my computer at home)

Thats all there is to it. Each race your team will score pionts based on how the season is going in real life. Each wednesday after each race I will post the Championship Standings for the game. At the end of the season we will have a winner who will recieve a budget increase for the nest season!

So hurry up and sign up, this should be a lot of fun. To give you an idea of how this works, this is a similar game:

http://f1.fantasy-manager.co.uk/
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Spencifer_Murphy

Game Rules:

F1Technical Fantasy F1 is based on the 2006 F1 season. The game will start scoring points from 1st April 2006 (qualifying day of the Austrailian Grand Prix) and will finish on 22nd October 2005 (race day of the Brazilian Grand Prix). Points will be scored for all qualifying days and races between these two dates.

Picking a Team:
First you must choose a team name. You have a total budget of £50 million to choose a team comprising of the following:

3 x Drivers
1 x Constructor
1 x Engine

Each driver, constructor and engine is given a value based on previous performances and their potential for success during the 2006 season (i.e.: the most expensive drivers, cars and engines will be those predicted to be the most successful).

Once you have selected your complete team you must submit it to start scoring points. To submit your team just PM me with the team details.

Prizes
The Winner will get a budget increase of £5,000,000 for 2007. Second place will get a budget increase of £2,500,000. Anf third place will get a budget increase of £1,000,000 for 2007.

How to Score Points
Scoring starts from the Austrailian GP onwards. Fantasy points are allocated based on the performance of your drivers, constructor’s cars and engine.

Drivers
Qualifying:
The driver who completes the fastest lap in the 3rd qualifying round will receive +5 points.

If a driver recieves an engine penalty he will recieve pionts based on his qualifying lap time. For example, If Michael Schumacher sets the fastest time in the 3rd qualifying session but has a ten place grid penatly for changing his engine he will still get +5 pionts.

The Race:
Each Driver will be awarded 1 point for each lap completed in the race.

Each driver will generate +5 points for every position gained from their starting position on the grid to their final placing. Drivers will not lose points for losing places between the starting grid and end of the race.

Example 1: David Coulthard starts the race in 5th on the starting grid - and finishes 1st in a race. He has moved up 4 places so will gain 20 points.

Example 2: Fernando Alonso qualifies for pole position, but has to change engines and so is penalised 10 places on the grid - and finishes 2nd in a race. He has moved up 8 places from his starting position, so will gain 40 points.

If a driver does not gain / lose any places from starting grid to race finish he will be awarded +5 points

Drivers that finish the race in the top 8 positions will score points as follows; 1st - 10 points 2nd - 8 points 3rd - 6 points 4th - 5 points 5th - 4 points 6th - 3 points 7th - 2 points 8th - 1 point

Constructors:
Each Constructor has at least 2 cars in the race - you will be awarded points based on the performance of both cars.

+15 points for both cars finishing the race
+5 points for only one car finishing the race
Additional +5 points per car for finishing in the top 8 cars in the race.

Engines:
You will be awarded points for the performance of your chosen engine:

+10 points for each car with your chosen engine finishing anywhere in the top 3 positions in the race.

eg, If the top 3 are; Ferrari [Ferrari], Mercedes [McLaren], Toyota [Toyota] - then the Ferrari, Mercedes and Toyota each score 10 points.
If the top 3 are; Ferrari, Ferrari, Mercedes - then Ferrari score 20 points, Mercedes score 10 points.

Hope thats clear. Next to come; the Pirce list!

Spencifer_Murphy

Here is the price List.

I'll remind you that your team Budget is £50,000,000.

Drivers:
Fernando Alonso £22,500,000
Giancarlo Fisichella £17,500,000
Kimi Raikonen £21,000,000
Juan Pablo Montoya £19,000,000
Michael Schumacher £22,500,000
Felipe Massa £17,500,000
Ralf Schumacher £15,000,000
Jarno Trulli £15,500,000
Mark Webber £16,500,000
Nico Rosberg £14,500,000
Rubens Barrichello £16,000,000
Jenson Button £14,500,000
David Coulthard £13,000,000
Christian Klien £11,500,000
Nick Heidfeld £15,000,000
Jacques Villeneuve £12,000,000
Tiago Monterio £12,000,000
Christian Albers £13,000,000
Vitantinio Liuzzi £12,000,000
Scott Speed £10,000,000
Takuma Sato £9,000,000
Yuji Ide £8,000,000

Constructor:
Renault £7,500,000
Mclaren £10,000,000
Ferrari £10,500,000
Toyota £3,500,000
Williams £10,000,000
Honda £7,000,000
Red Bull £5,000,000
BMW £7,000,000
Midland £5,000,000
STR £3,500,000
Super Aguri £3,500,000

Engine:
Renault £8,000,000
Mercedes £8,000,000
Ferrari (Works) £8,000,000
Toyota (Works) £6,500,000
Cosworth £6,000,000
Honda £6,000,000
Ferrari (Customer) £5,000,000
BMW £5,500,000
Toyota (Customer) £4,000,000
Cosworth V10 £3,000,000
Honda (Customer) £3,000,000

So thats it. Pick Three Drivers, One Constructor, One Engine. then a Team name (make sure its all within budget) & PM these details to me.

Thats it. We will start scoring pionts as of Austrailian GP, and I will need all your enty's by 00:00 G.M.T March 31st AT THE LASTEST!

Fave fun!!!

m3_lover

Just remember guys, do not get mad at me when I win ahhahahah so just kidding, but someone has to start the trash talking

Don't hate the player, Hate the game
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sawtooth-spike

wow by the time you get to the engine, you dont have alot of money left
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Figlio_del_Diavolo

I think I'll get involved in this.

EDIT: How will the points scoring work? What will weigh more, driver points, chassis, engine?
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

Spencifer_Murphy

The pionts will be based upon this current season in the REAL F1 Championship. Everything else is explained in the game rules above under "How to score pionts"

Drivers will be the main thing though, thats why their values are higher. However you may choose to pick average drivers and put them in a better car, or great drivers in a slower car...its up to you!
wow by the time you get to the engine, you dont have alot of money left
Exactly! Its just like setting up a GP car for a race track, its ALL about compromise.

McLaurin

Figlio_del_Diavolo wrote:I think I'll get involved in this.

EDIT: How will the points scoring work? What will weigh more, driver points, chassis, engine?
its all nicely explained in the first post:)

my team is sent in looking forward to this
David Coulthard is the best !!!!!

Spencifer_Murphy

Glad to see that theres so much interest.

Mclaurin, are u sure u sent it to me? Because I havent recieved a PM

Figlio_del_Diavolo

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:The pionts will be based upon this current season in the REAL F1 Championship. Everything else is explained in the game rules above under "How to score pionts"
Haha my bad. Sorry, it's finals time (a bit stressful :? ) and I only read the first post and made mine. Now back to work on this pain in the arse project on PID controllers...
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

Sawtooth-spike

did you get mine? i cant find it in my sent item
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Principessa

Well my team is registred: LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :P

Scuderia_Russ

Damn that's a tight budget to work with!

Principessa

Indeed, but I came up with something afterall...though I don't have all the things I would like :oops:

Sawtooth-spike

I almost had to have sato, lucky i had worked it out wrong so i could afford somebody less........ errrr...... Crazy?