[F1T Fantasy Game] Season 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

Its a sinking shiP.

Reminds me of Arrows, promised alot, capable of good results but fails in the end.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ted68

I feel your pain!

Looking back at the team lineups, I guess alot of us were wrong on Rosberg. He's about as effective as Ide when it all sorts out. So don't feel too bad there Tom.

Sawtooth-spike

yeah scott speed has got me more points than rosberg.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Tom

I can still win though...right?
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ted68

No, our chances of winning are as good as Rosberg's.

Tom

I'll check the on-line bookies...

Roseburgs chances are between 109 and 250 on Sunday. In other words very low. In fact Ralf and Dornbos have more chance of winning. Another tequilla I think.

Sawtooth-spike

The Saw Squad will not be extending Rosbergs contract into the 2006-2007 season. Its is belived they are in negotiations with Ide as they see a cheeper option :lol:

Oddly I am quite happy with scott speed. Spence When we get to the end of the year can you give us the total points for each driver, car, and so on?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Ted68

I don't think Rosberg will be at Team Chicane next year either. Now watch him to be a breakout star next season too.

But are we going to have a fantasy game next year? Are we going to finish this year?

I know Spencer is busy with school, as he should be. I'm not complaining, just curious.

I spend alot of desktime on BATracer and online poker, so I don't mind running this next season if anyone else wants it to continue and if Spencer doesn't want to.

Tp
Tp

So, I wonder who's won this championship?

Scuderia_Russ

Ted68 wrote: I spend alot of desktime on BATracer and online poker, so I don't mind running this next season if anyone else wants it to continue and if Spencer doesn't want to.
Oooooh, could a FISA / FOCA style war break out here? Only kidding. :D
Seriously though, thanks Spencifer for taking the time out to do this for us this year. I would have never been arsed enough to manage it.
Tp wrote: So, I wonder who's won this championship?
I can tell you who hasn't won it. Russell Turner Racing were mid table at best last time I checked. I hope we can do this next year, because I know I'll do better!! 8) Thanks to Button for giving my team its first win. Thanks to Rosberg for nothing! and thanks to Toyota for an amazingly average engine!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Spencifer_Murphy

Sorry!

Hey guys, I'm actually working on the results as we speak. I am on my reading week next week so (even though I SHOULD be studying) I'll have a lot more free time.

The results should be completed and uploaded no later than Thursday night. I'm really sorry about the delay, but my 2nd year at uni has been a lot more intense than the first. Making it impossible to catch up on the delay caused by my summer hols.

I must admit, it amazes me how Tomba & Principessa do such a good job running F1tech when they too have uni/college work to be doing.

Neway like i sed...no later than Thursday. Promise.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Tom

Good good, Ted, when how much tequilla should i order?

Ted68

Hey, S_R, no war here. I said I knew Spencer was busy with school and offered to help.

Tom, Cathy threw my ass in rehab months ago, you're on your own for the tequila. But if I was still drinking, I would suggest this season deserves nothing outlandish. So keep pinching your sisters wine spritzers for now! :wink:

Tom

It would be interesting to have another FISA/FOCA war in F1, rivalry between teams would be a lot stronger and if it developed into more competative racing that would be good.

Ted, I'm real glad my sister doesn't like F1.

Ted68

I don't know about another war. The last one was basically the Brits (Tyrrell, Brabham, Lotus, Arrows et.al.) who knew how to build a chassis but all had Cossie power, versus the European manufacturers (Ferrari, Renault, Alfa Romeo, etc) who had a horsepower advantage but poor chassis. That brought us to the Concorde Agreement. Out went innovative design (Lotus and Brabham most notably), and in came big power (BMW and Renault powered half the field). So the big money of the manufacturers won. And it always will.

Another war like the GPMA or similar would put F1 into a Cart/IRL situation where both sides have money and support to run a series, but that nobody would watch, thereby killng themselves. If Kevin Kalkoven and Tony George were to combine their series' tomorrow, American open wheel racing would still be a shadow of what it was 10 years ago.

So if there was another war, the real competition would be in banks and boardrooms and between egos and checkbooks.