[F1T Fantasy Game] Season 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ted68

:-({|= R.I.P. Team Chicane.

Sawtooth-spike

have we had the final results yet?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Ted68

Yep, I think that the Hungarian GP results were the final posting.

Spencifer_Murphy

Hi guys,

I've been away so long you might have thought I was a newbie here. I'm really very sorry about the results not being posted as promised. I had them ready and stored on my computer to upload them but:

I have been planning for a long time to move into a new house with a few friends, the moving date has been continually postponed until two days before the thursday i was due to post the results. So for the last (two months is it now) I have had NO INTERNET at all. I didn't even know that Lewis Hamilton had been confirmed at Mclaren (Cos my copy of F1 Racing mag arrived the day b4 the announcement appears to have been made.) So I'm doing a lot of catching up on the F1 scene.

Now, I have the old copies of the results. But no new ones (new PC) so I'm going to make them over the course of this weekend (if not today) and post them here before I start my NEXT essay for uni!

Once again, please accept my most sincere appologies, its not fair on you guys to have waited so preposterously long for me to pull my finger out and get an ISP at my new place.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

m3_lover

Does anybody know what happen here.... it has been acouple of months and no results...and the new season is going to start... I just want to make my pics before pre-season testing.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

zac510

Everybody was disqualified and I was given the Championship.

Ted68

Congradulations Zac510! It was a hard fought victory, I'm sure, getting the rest of us DQ'd--although it seemed Ms. Spencifer had done that already. At least we all have closure now. Cheers again on your win!

zac510

:lol:

Spencifer_Murphy

What actually happened is...

Hey guys. Me again. I think you all desrve a few things from me:

1. A VERY BIG appology
2. An explaination
3. Some game results.

So here goes:
1. I'm really very sorry for having let all of you down. Things just havent worked out well. It really have been a series of errors, one after the other.

2. Last time I posted I was going to work on the results and get them to you that weekend. Well during that weekend I got a PM from a user called "sebbe" who had very kindly offered to create a spreadsheet to calculate the results for me. I decided that it was very kind of him and waited to get the spreadsheet. However, when testing it later he found that he didn't get the same results that I did on some of the races. He then asked me to send him the data so he could wor on it. But because I have a new computer the only data I have is the results here on the forum. I'm not trying in anyway to implicate or blame sebbe for this, no way. He has been kind to help, and its my own fault that I have as yet yielded no results.

3. Results: Well, I COULD work on the results, even though I have exams right now. I could work on it after also, BUT. Its whole escapade has been such an outright disaster that I propose the following:

I give up trying to get the results for the last few races and call the championship as it stands now. In doing so I can focus my attention squarely on making a reliable spreadsheet to calculate the results (allong with the help of sebbe of course if he's still able to do so.) And finally TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING AGAIN. I am going to arrange for somebody (maybe sebbe if he's happy to do so) to calculate the results, if for whatever reason (like when I was on holiday this year), I cannot.

What do you guys think? Would you be happy if I were to do this? Or would you rather I work on the results for 2006 first before tackling next season's spreadsheet? All feedback, comments or suggestions are greatly apprieciated.

regards,
-Spencer-
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Ted68

First off, welcome back and I hope ypur studies are going well. Second, Zac declared himself winner of the '06 game, so we probably shouldn't burst his bubble and leave it where it stands. Water under the bridge and all. Last, if you can create a reliable spreadsheet with all the game parameters you had last year, and that is easy to manage, go for it! It would be better than what I just offered to do in Tomba's thread.

Cheerio!

sebbe

Hi, how are you friends?
I've just posted on another topic that I'm more than willing to debug my spreadsheet and get our 2007 championship on.
Just drop me a message and we will talk more about it.

I found difficult to calculate every team's points since I only joined to the forum on mid season, but I think this time it would be different.
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

sebbe

Results to be launch soon!

F1 newcomers “Team Södra Vabis” is close to have 2006 F1 Fantasy Game results, announced earlier today Team Principal “Sebbe”.
Last year results are yet to be published mostly due to some technical difficulties faced by contest organizer Spencifer_Murphy. Despite his sincearest efforts he hasn't been able to calculate them.

Here is the brief comment made by Sebbe:
“Team Södra Vabis was formed last year when championship had already kicked off. The rules doesn’t allow entries past the first race so we were out. We were waiting the entire season to submit our entry. We believe that it is most important for this year championship to know last year´s results, besides the fact that there are three teams eager to grab the juicy prizes.”

Although TSV has been working on a spreadsheet to calcule race results almost automatically and that would allow any number of teams to participate it is still "to be debugged", according to Sebbe.

When asked about this year contender Sebbe told us:
“We’ve been involved in talks with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes as chassis supplier. Engine supplier will be Renault, but we still have to define driver line up.”

Last year results will be published during this weekend in a “raw” mode, that is, race result by pilot, engine and constructor, and the year grand final.
Teams results should be calculated manually.

With this Sebbe expects to revitalize the interest in this contest.

"I´m looking forward to work with Spencifer during the hole season to have the results on time with zero error.", told us Södra Vabis Team Principal and owner.

“The season opener is around the corner and we still have to define too many things, but I’m confident we –all teams- will be able to put a good show”.
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

sebbe

F1 Fantasy Game 2006 - Results!

Sorry guys, I tried to post the entire season, race by race (to make it more fair and to let you check the results) but I can`t make the tabs work here.
If anyone have anything to say about it please let me know and I'll check the spreadsheet.

Wish you the best!

:: Sebbe

DRIVER'S POINTS

Total
1 F Alonso 1409
2 G Fisichella 1434
3 K Räikkönen 1184
4 J P Montoya 517
4 P de la Rosa 453
5 M Schumacher 1435
6 F Massa 1285
7 R Schumacher 1038
8 J Trulli 1074
9 M Webber 853
10 N Rosberg 889
11 R Barrichello 1167
12 J Button 1210
14 D Coulthard 1241
15 C Klien 671
15 R Doornbos 252
16 N Heidfeld 1232
17 J Villeneuve 846
17 R Kubica 402
18 T Monteiro 1155
19 C Albers 1134
20 V Liuzzi 1238
21 S Speed 1303
22 T Sato 1131
23 Y Ide 178
23 F Montagny 287
23 S Yamamoto 267

CONSTRUCTOR'S POINTS

Total
BMW 160
Ferrari 355
Honda 240
McLaren 235
Midland 0
Red Bull 70
Renault 395
Super Aguri 0
Toro Rosso 15
Toyota 130
Williams 75

ENGINE MANUFACTURER'S

Total
Ferrari 190
Mercedes 90
Renault 190
Honda 30
BMW 30
Toyota 10
Cosworth 0

Sawtooth-spike

i make my score 3797
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Tp
Tp

Mine's 3861