High Performance Road Cars VS Bikes.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan

Re: High Performance Road Cars VS Bikes.

My point was quite simply that, in academia, the word "theory" has a very specific meaning. It means something that has been proved by lots of people carrying out lots of independent studies/experiments to ensure that the same results are achieved as predicted by the hypothesis. Once it has been torn apart and checked and tested and reviewed and retested, then it becomes a theory. Until then, it's a hypothesis.

For someone who is wanting proof and accuracy throughout the thread, I thought it important that you were accurate in your use of a very specific term.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

J.A.W.

Obviously, J-A-F, there is a significant distinction between theoretical & applied physics or actual engineering outcomes..
My point being that - in view of the thread topic, - a real world example trumps parroting of esoteric formulae..

(If you read the Brembo-braking info link, you'd note that - even in Moto GP, some riders are more able/hard - on brakes )

However, in this thread - the technical understanding/interest in learning - shown by several repeat 'contributors',
appears somewhat lacking.. (unlike the ongoing vindictive downvoting).. L.O.L..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Manoah2u

Just a thought but.....shouldn't this be in automotive section or offtopic?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Steven
Owner

Until someone convinces me this thread is actually going anywhere, it's locked