Formula 1 teams' 2014 payouts revealed

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Richard

Re: Formula 1 teams' 2014 payouts revealed

It's a prize that rewards long term investment based on several years of results, so the 2014 classification is misleading. Ignoring Ferrari for a moment it seems about right. We'll probably see Merc swap places with RB next year, and McLaren drop below Williams.

iotar__

Premium AKA teams paid for nothing so why try harder - one of the reasons for their failure. Several years results is a pathology itself and when you add premium you have something like that: "Force India finished one place and 26 points behind McLaren in the constructors' championship but it received $38million less than the Woking-based team." They basically lost it in the first race where McLaren had 2-3. In case you forgot McLaren got 30 million more than Lotus for 2013 #-o .

It's funny that the same Ecclestone that gives away money like that uses arguments of equal payment when negotiating with classic tracks like Monza.

kptaylor

Why the delay to actually pay out the winnings to the teams? If this is 2014, why did it take a special act by Bernie to give Sauber part of their winnings to pay VDG? Small teams need their money due sooner, not later...

santos

That's why nobody want's to build a team for F1. Force India finished 26 points behind Mclaren... and then look at the diference of the payout.

kooleracer

How the hell can you support Ferrari when they are blatantly cheating? I mean 97 million dollars just to turn up? How the hell is that fair? Its like letting Usain bolt start 10 meters ahead of everyone in the same race...Ferrari shouldn't get any performance payout. Because they get 97 million which is already more then winning the championship.

The fans should start making a fuss about this stupid Ferrari premium because others teams that need to money are left out because the richest team in the sports wants even more money. Ferrari should be ashamed for not even able to compete with Red Bull and now with Mercedes. Getting that kind of money and even with that money they aren't even competitive. Other teams should make that point more often in the public so that the public get more aware off this stupid imbalance in the prize money distribution. I can live with the fact that Ferrari get 97 for turning up, but that fact that they also get a equal share in the performance prize money is totally not acceptable.

It would more fair if Mercedes,Ferrari,Williams, McLaren and RBR all get 97m. And the rest should be divided based on performance for the other teams I could live with that model. But richest teams are now benefiting too much.

It could so easy. Give the "big" five all 100m and divide the rest equally over the rest.

Big five get 100m and the rest gets approx 75 m and then introduce a budget cap of 150m. F1 would be much healthier and the competition would be a lot closer.
Last edited by kooleracer on 13 May 2015, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

siskue2005

2013 payment details

giantfan10

kooleracer wrote:How the hell can you support Ferrari when they are blatantly cheating? I mean 97 million dollars just to turn up? How the hell is that fair? Its like letting Usain bolt start 10 meters ahead of everyone in the same race...Ferrari shouldn't get any performance payout. Because they get 97 million which is already more then winning the championship.

The fans should start making a fuss about this stupid Ferrari premium because others teams that need to money are left out because the richest team in the sports wants even more money. Ferrari should be ashamed for not even able to compete with Red Bull and now with Mercedes. Getting that kind of money and even with that money they aren't even competitive. Other teams should make that point more often in the public so that the public get more aware off this stupid imbalance in the prize money distribution. I can live with the fact that Ferrari get 97 for turning up, but that fact that they also get a equal share in the performance prize money is totally not acceptable.

It would more fair if Mercedes,Ferrari,Williams, McLaren and RBR all get 97m. And the rest should be divided based on performance for the other teams I could live with that model. But richest teams are now benefiting too much.

It could so easy. Give the "big" five all 100m and divide the rest equally over the rest.

Big five get 100m and the rest gets approx 75 m and then introduce a budget cap of 150m. F1 would be much healthier and the competition would be a lot closer.
cheating? how exactly?
its the same way that the guy that has been at any given company 35 years gets paid more than the uber 24 year old who just joined the company
if ferrari leaves formula one i'm willing to bet about one third of the fanbase wold find something else to watch.
anyway its the deal they negotiated with mr bernie way back when ... it is what it is

PlatinumZealot

Richard wrote:It's a prize that rewards long term investment based on several years of results, so the 2014 classification is misleading. Ignoring Ferrari for a moment it seems about right. We'll probably see Merc swap places with RB next year, and McLaren drop below Williams.
Williams only got 10 million premium though... Something else is in play I think.

I know Ferrari is a part ownwer of Formula 1 itself so they get a huuge premium. And possibly redbull too?...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mrluke

They should all get an equal split. End of.

Then we would have competitive new and midfield teams rather than bankrupt ones.

Moose

mrluke wrote:They should all get an equal split. End of.

Then we would have competitive new and midfield teams rather than bankrupt ones.
I'd tend to agree, except for one problem with that. That would encourage teams that are not serious to turn up and race just because they'll get a cash pay out. It would need some kind of moderation along the lines of "everyone who completes a lap within 104% of the fastest at a race during the year gets a share."

SiLo

They can still split a percentage of the pot into performance base payouts.
Felipe Baby!

SectorOne

I have no issues with Ferrari getting the top dollar.
They´ve been loyal for 65 years straight bar one race.
They are one of the most powerful brands in the world, easily the most powerful car brand in the world.

Teams are like prize fighters, they are their own brand hired to fight(race) on the big stage.
You get paid whatever your value is, and Ferrari´s value in motorsport is greater then all other teams combined.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mrluke

When the bottom 5 teams fold, how valuable do you think F1 will be to the remaining competitors? Ferrari are receiving payouts larger than the entire budget spent by Marussia for a years racing, meanwhile Marussia have gone bankrupt. How is that good for the sport?

You could only make payments for teams achieving the 107% / being allowed to start races but tbh I cant see a teams only signing up for the payout, theres a tender process, not just anybody can rock up, plus theres all the start up costs, staffing etc.

All of teams are part of the show, the more competitive they are better the show, the more value placed on the series by tv and advertisers, the more money goes into the pot for everybody.

therealjustin

You really have to wonder what Ferrari are doing with that extra $90M they are getting. They certainly don't use it on the F1 program :mrgreen: Kidding, kidding.

They really need to sort this out though because the idea of paying teams off in order to stay(or to stop whining about leaving like Ferrari and Red Bull) needs to end. The amounts given should be directly related to how the teams finished in the constructors championship.