2008 Technical Regulations

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

I think its a shame we are always having a go at Mr Mosely. Undoubtably he comes across as a complete prick, but the FIA is a group. They are not all his ideas.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

FIA as a group is just a cover up inented to make us believe that there is democracy or some other logial system based on logic and truth - identical situation as in Belarus (Mosley = Lukashenko).

JimmyK

I see Honda and Toyota are threatening to quit over this:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36187

EDIT: KK, go to the specific forum topic on this.
Last edited by JimmyK on 08 Jun 2006, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Principessa

Yes Jimmy. The Honda-Toyota-to-leave-F1 part is discussed here
viewtopic.php?p=31080#31080
:wink:

ps: the newsarticle is online here as well :wink:
http://www.f1technical.net/news/3200

miqi23

The design proposed by the FIA works quite properly. I dont see any thing wrong with the new concept. Well, the cars would look a bit strange but people will get used to it after a while!

As far as the over taking is concerned, yes it will improve the situation compared to what we have now. To be honest I am looking forward to it!

flynfrog

miqi23 wrote:The design proposed by the FIA works quite properly. I dont see any thing wrong with the new concept. Well, the cars would look a bit strange but people will get used to it after a while!

As far as the over taking is concerned, yes it will improve the situation compared to what we have now. To be honest I am looking forward to it!
how do you see it improving overaking the cars are so close together now that its impossible to pass how is making them even closer going to help them pass eachother

Jersey Tom

That engine freeze is killer. That's an awful lot of stress on those engineers to come up with an engine that will work reliably for two weekends, and to nail the design or get screwed for 3 years. Oh my.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Scuderia_Russ

Stress? Rule changes make it fun for them... these people should be at there best when challenged.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

JimmyK

Stress? Rule changes make it fun for them... these people should be at there best when challenged.
Yes, then the 2008 engine freeze will mean they will never be challenged again afterwards when it comes to the engine.
They are allowed to work on the reliability, but still, secretly they all care about performance... probably ;)
The design proposed by the FIA works quite properly.
I'm not too fussed about anything but the engine freeze, but I can't honestly imagine that split rear wing thingy producing useful amounts of downforce. There'll be massive amounts of turbulent air coming off the (now wider and slick) rear tyres, surely interrupting any air flow below the wing.