Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Silly season 2016

Why would Ferrari want Max? For one he is not a team player... and Two.. we don't know how good he is.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

Why would Max not be a teamplayer? Let's access the situation at toro rosso first:

2 rookies that have to make name and have to beat eachother first year out, especially in a RedBull camp.
Sainz would not bow for a 17-year old at any moment, with the potential result of finishing behind him in the WDC standings.
Max would not bow as he is a 17yr old that has to prove himself more than anyone, and his absolute goal is beating his teammate, no matter what.

So Max not giving in to team orders so his teammate can take a position that he didn't earn does not make max a non-teamplayer. Actually, it shows Max dares to take [wise] decisions. If any, that's exactly what Ferrari would want.

Imagine how much Max could push Vettel and Vettel push Verstappen. Both want to become champions. Vettel the experienced master, and Verstappen the more-hungry-than-a-starving-shark-smelling-a-baby-seal rookie that has a killer all-or-nothing instinct.

Teamplay is not about stepping aside or bending over so your teammate can have a go and make you the 'playdoll'.
Teamplay is about helping eachother reach the best, the front of the field. Teamplay is when one driver is driving in front, that if it wouldn't harm their own chances, to back up a competitor so your teammate can overtake him so that the team gets more WCC points.

And with all do respect, Vettel is hardly a teamplayer either. Ferrari could do no better than have 2 drivers in the team that would 'kill' to win. IMHO, there could be no better combo for that than having Seb and Max. For Max, at this moment, there could be only Mercedes and Ferrari if he could get in either one of them. Those are the places to be.
OR, Renault F1 Team should have absolute proof that they'll have a championship winning car for him in 2017.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

Oh and btw,

how about something absolutely silly for 2016:

Robert Kubica @ Renault/Lotus :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: go crazy!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:Why would Ferrari want Max? For one he is not a team player... and Two.. we don't know how good he is.
I guess it's Singapore you're talking about. Ask yourself this: Do you think Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso would have moved over with only a couple of laps to go? - No, absolutely no chance. Max stood up for himself like a self respecting driver should. Good for him.

As for how good he is: he is beating a highly respected WSR 3.5 Champion at the age of 17. He hasn't gone up against a known quantity, but so far he has done all the right things.

ESPImperium

Been hearing a murmur that this could happen:

Kvjat to Renault. He hasn't bashed the upgrade that's on its way, Riccardo has, and is a driver young enough to build for the future.
Verstappen to Red Bull. He with a Red Bull-Ferrari 2016 chassis/Power Unit will be exciting. Also allows Ferrari a trace on him for a Ferrari drive in 2-3 years time.
Vandoorne to Toro Rosso. I think STR will have a Honda power plant, and to keep McLaren onside he will end up in a STR next year. Honda deny it now, but STR will I think end up with a Honda in the back of their cars.

That, by my reckoning will leave only Haas to confirm Guiteriez and Manor-Mercedes to announce their drivers.

So:

Mercedes AMG: 44] HAM / 6] ROS
Scuderia Ferrari: 5] VET / 7] RAI
Williams-Mercedes: 19] MAS / 77] BOT
Red Bull-Ferrari: 3] RIC / 33] VES
Force India-Mercedes: 11] PER / 27] HUL
Renault F1: 13] MAL / 26] KVJ
Toro Rosso-Honda: 55] SAI / xx] SAI
Sauber-Ferrari: 9] ERI / 12] NAS
McLaren-Honda: 14] ALO / 22] BUT
Manor-Mercedes: 53] RSI / xx] TBA
Haas-Ferrari: 8] GRO / 21] GUT

wickedz50

Ferrari is only interested in Ric, the move will happen in 2017.

NathanOlder

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Why would Ferrari want Max? For one he is not a team player... and Two.. we don't know how good he is.
I guess it's Singapore you're talking about. Ask yourself this: Do you think Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso would have moved over with only a couple of laps to go? - No, absolutely no chance. Max stood up for himself like a self respecting driver should. Good for him.

As for how good he is: he is beating a highly respected WSR 3.5 Champion at the age of 17. He hasn't gone up against a known quantity, but so far he has done all the right things.

For me, Alonso Hamilton Vettel & Co, wouldnt move over , the whole time they are in with a chance of winning the championship, AND/OR they have a chance to win the race. Max had neither , so he should have moved over, and I think a lot of drivers would have let Carlos through.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ME4ME

He was in front of his team mate. In the mid-field, that is priority #1 for a driver: beating their team-mate.

Blackout

Can Honda/Renault send PU informations (dimensions, weight, temps, forces etc) to STR/Lotus in order to help them work on the 2016 PU integration early, while they are under contract with another engine maker?

NathanOlder

ME4ME wrote:He was in front of his team mate. In the mid-field, that is priority #1 for a driver: beating their team-mate.
So in future if Max or Carlos are asked to move aside for the other who may well be on better tyre, the driver is to say No!
insane.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Jolle

NathanOlder wrote:
ME4ME wrote:He was in front of his team mate. In the mid-field, that is priority #1 for a driver: beating their team-mate.
So in future if Max or Carlos are asked to move aside for the other who may well be on better tyre, the driver is to say No!
insane.
It's one of the trades of the champions of F1. On the BBC Coulthard had his opinion, that you are a part of the team, that if you're ask to move over, you have to (I agree with him on that), and that he always did. But that's why, I guess, he never won a WC and his teammate's did.

I find it a egotistic trade of the champions. But if you turn in around, Carlos said he moved over 3 or 4 times already making him a future Coulthard, Massa, Barrichello, etc.

Time will tell....

Godius

NathanOlder wrote:
insane.
Sainz pitted 1 lap later than Verstappen and they were both running on the same compound. It's not like they were running on different strategies or were out of synch in any other way.

NathanOlder

Jolle wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
insane.
It's one of the trades of the champions of F1. On the BBC Coulthard had his opinion, that you are a part of the team, that if you're ask to move over, you have to (I agree with him on that), and that he always did. But that's why, I guess, he never won a WC and his teammate's did.

I find it a egotistic trade of the champions. But if you turn in around, Carlos said he moved over 3 or 4 times already making him a future Coulthard, Massa, Barrichello, etc.

Time will tell....
I have never seen Maldonado move over, your point in invalid :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Nathanael F1

But Maldonado is always behind his teammate, so there's nobody to let through!
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

SectorOne

Jolle wrote:I find it a egotistic trade of the champions. But if you turn in around, Carlos said he moved over 3 or 4 times already making him a future Coulthard, Massa, Barrichello, etc.
If you´re not fighting for a championship that´s how you should do. Maximise the points.

I don´t think that was the smartest thing by Max seeing as Carlos already had let him past several times before and that the mother-team RBR have shown several examples throughout the season with good, clear communication that you will get the place back if the other guy can´t advance.

Both Vettel and Ricciardo has let their teammates through, and i doubt anyone would put them in the same bracket as Coulthard and Barrichello.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"