Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zeph

Re: Silly season 2016

Manoah2u wrote:
ringo wrote:What's this about Rosberg leaving?
nothing but nonsense from a F1T troll that is trying to feed his own ego by being degrading to others and thinking he's a bombabad boi just because he has a pitpass for a couple of races. probably lonely and then goes inventing stuff and thinks people will swallow it just because he's taken a close-up shot of a wing or paddock wall.

like the RB Veneno fantasy story; nothing but total bullocks......let's not feed the troll here.
Dude, just say it is incorrect, no need to turn it into a personal attack.

SunsAnvil

Have to agree with Manoah2u. This is the second promise of big news (after the Red Bull - Lambo story which did not materialize) from the paddock while the same poster criticises those of us that are not there at the track. It's hardly behaviour that would lead the rest of us to value his input.

dren

Manoah2u wrote:Actually I think force India would be a very decent game for AM to enter.
This because first of all, Force India is having a pretty impressive season, especially when you concider there were even
doubts they'd be on the grid - not just that, but didn't they start the year with an 2014-spec car? Managed to do a updated chassis mid-season and their promises became true, they're quite fast, and are having a very good driver pairing.

Keeping that in mind, one could wonder what they might have achieved had they had a decent financial injection.

Besides that, exposure for Aston Martin in F1 in 'achievement' is quite the more 'newsworthy' when you concider they take a front-midfielder to the top, instead of 'lifting along' with the success of RedBull, for example.

I'm very interested in this deal. I could see them entering F1 through Force India with the intent of having success in 2017. I'm starting to think the new rule changes might actually be having a positive effect on F1's attraction. Don't expect them to be title contenders anytime soon, but going for regular podiums in 2017 would be kinda cool.
FI has a track record of one big update a year that puts them in a competitive position, upper midfield. This AM deal could be good if it gives them enough cash to bring updates at greater intervals. We could see them closer to Williams on average.
Honda!

zeph

SunsAnvil wrote:Have to agree with Manoah2u. This is the second promise of big news (after the Red Bull - Lambo story which did not materialize) from the paddock while the same poster criticises those of us that are not there at the track. It's hardly behaviour that would lead the rest of us to value his input.
I was unaware of the backstory.

Still, best to stay classy, even when dealing with a troll.

djos

You only need to look at the negative rep to see what folks think of his posts.
"In downforce we trust"

zeph

What others think is insufficient reason for me to not be courteous. In principle.

But yeah, reading his posts I can see why Manoah reacted the way he did. Not a very pleasant fella.

Jonnycraig

For what it's worth, Horner confirmed to Sky that Kvyat will be racing for RB next season, if they themselves are on the grid.

FrukostScones

Jonnycraig wrote:For what it's worth, Horner confirmed to Sky that Kvyat will be racing for RB next season, if they themselves are on the grid.
DM's deadline ran out today already as it is 1st of Nov.

No announcemnet yet. But all it means is that they are clowns.

They will go on with Renault.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

mikeerfol

I read they extended the deadline to mid-November now..

FrukostScones

mikeerfol wrote:I read they extended the deadline to mid-November now..
really, but that is not how those deadlines work. :mrgreen:

bluffed and got called Mr. DM

(but maybe it worked, because AMus reports that if DM and Ghosn won't come to a deal, then Marchionne might give them 2015 PU's as lifeline)

ESPImperium

Ill put this toward you all to see what comes of it.

I have a theory, and it goes like this: RAI will be paid to retire at the end of the year. VES will move into RAI car as part of the engine shenanigans. Of which will lead to STR taking a Honda power train and Red Bull getting a Ferrari 2016 one. HOWEVER Red Bull will have to give VES over to Ferrari and Toro Rosso will take Vandoorne from McLaren to partner Sainz.

This way Red Bull gets a competitive power unit, Honda get their second engine supply, McLaren get the Honda in a lesser chassis to the Red Bull and get VAN in F1 till Jenson goes to Aston Martin in 2017 when Vandoorne will be needed in the McLaren.

FrukostScones

ESPImperium wrote:Ill put this toward you all to see what comes of it.

I have a theory, and it goes like this: RAI will be paid to retire at the end of the year. VES will move into RAI car as part of the engine shenanigans. Of which will lead to STR taking a Honda power train and Red Bull getting a Ferrari 2016 one. HOWEVER Red Bull will have to give VES over to Ferrari and Toro Rosso will take Vandoorne from McLaren to partner Sainz.

This way Red Bull gets a competitive power unit, Honda get their second engine supply, McLaren get the Honda in a lesser chassis to the Red Bull and get VAN in F1 till Jenson goes to Aston Martin in 2017 when Vandoorne will be needed in the McLaren.
so after VES WDC 2016 ,Vandoorne will move to Renault for 2017 and partner BUE there after MAL makes off to Indy.

frack, that a big twist for HAM :mrgreen:

PlatinumZealot

Ferrari would love Nico. He is fast and consistent. He is a family man now and Ferrari likes that too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Cold Fussion

Do you have an infinite supply of spaghetti?

chip engineer

How about this speculation:
Red Bull shows what they think about F1 in 2016 by sponsoring a car in NASCAR for Ricciardo and running a two car team in IndyCar powered by Honda for Kvyat and Verstappen.