Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Silly season 2016

SilverArrow10 wrote:Raikkonen to retire, no one else can afford his salary and haven't already got the drivers they need, and he has already said Ferrari will be his last team
17 million pounds was what he got in 2009. Mutually knowing his stock has dropped since leaving F1 Any idea what he and Ferrari settled on in '14 and '15?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

joseff

As much as I like Hulk, I somewhat wish Williams would take Nasr back for 2016

Vasconia

SilverArrow10 wrote:Raikkonen to retire, no one else can afford his salary and haven't already got the drivers they need, and he has already said Ferrari will be his last team
Plus Raikkonnen will never drive for a second class team.

Emmcee

Just read a story that said Vettel wants Ferrari to maintain kimi next season. Typical, he wants a teammate he knows he can beat.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

SilverArrow10

joseff wrote:As much as I like Hulk, I somewhat wish Williams would take Nasr back for 2016
I think Felipe will replace Felipe in 2017
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

SilverArrow10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 million pounds was what he got in 2009. Mutually knowing his stock has dropped since leaving F1 Any idea what he and Ferrari settled on in '14 and '15?
26 million according to the internet, but you know what that can be like, its very steep.

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

McMrocks
McMrocks

SilverArrow10 wrote:
joseff wrote:As much as I like Hulk, I somewhat wish Williams would take Nasr back for 2016
Massa to Sauber? No way.

gray41

If Kimi does resign I think any major moves go out the window for next season.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

SilverArrow10

McMrocks wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:
Massa to Sauber? No way.
No Massa to retire....

PlatinumZealot

SilverArrow10 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 million according to the internet, but you know what that can be like, its very steep.
Basically more than Vettel was getting at RedBull, A few millions short of Alonso. 14 million more than Button. How distressing.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

efuloni
efuloni

If Nasr keeps doing well, I think that he has an almost certain place in Williams for 2017, replacing Felipe. But he still has a long way to go and many things can happen. He can go bad and get no place at all, or he can go fine enough to find a place in a better team.

Wayne DR
Wayne DR

efuloni wrote:If Nasr keeps doing well, I think that he has an almost certain place in Williams for 2017, replacing Felipe. But he still has a long way to go and many things can happen. He can go bad and get no place at all, or he can go fine enough to find a place in a better team.
I was hoping Nasr would replace Bottas, so Williams would have Filipe and Filipe...
Red Bull already have Daniil and Daniel, so then we just need the Hulk to join Rosberg at Mercedes to complete the "Nico Show"!! :D

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
2017: Exit Button, Raikkonen & Alonso. I can see Massa doing a barrichello-career, unfortunately.

So in 2017 itll be Hamilton & Massa being the oldest/most experienced f1 guys on the grid, with Lewis having a couple of years to go still.
What about Rosberg? He was in the sport before Hamilton...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

adrianjordan wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
2017: Exit Button, Raikkonen & Alonso. I can see Massa doing a barrichello-career, unfortunately.

So in 2017 itll be Hamilton & Massa being the oldest/most experienced f1 guys on the grid, with Lewis having a couple of years to go still.
What about Rosberg? He was in the sport before Hamilton...
young enough to still have quite a couple of years to go. i just mentioned the ones approaching or being in an age that in modern F1 generally the 'natural' end of things. Schumacher in modern F1 being the 'much' oldest is rather an exception than rule. And look what happened there.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

efuloni
efuloni

Well, Massa could change his mind, but he often says that doesn't want to be in the sport if doesnt get a competitive car. He even advised Barrichello to retire instead of driving so far behind in his days.

I rly like Massa, and hope he show enough pride to leave if his conditions get worse.

I think its very likely for Kimi retire at the end of this season and maybe Button. Next year Massa and Button. And Alonso in the end of 17.