Vettel was going to sue after "multi 21"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FoxHound

Re: Vettel was going to sue after "multi 21"

ME4ME wrote:Soon you are going to suggest that Mercedes sabotaged their own starts at Silverstone so that Williams could take the lead for a while until the end of the race to create some excitement just before stealing the win back and look like heroes?

There have been mighty long discussions in the past about reliability and team failures happening to Vettel and Webber and the consensus always was that they both were victims on quite and equal basis.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/fo ... -red-bull/
This is not defining. It's lazy.

To make a point the entire scope needs to be factored in.
If Webber/Vettel suffered KERS issues, you need to compare what position they were in when it occurred and what it cost them.

Phil's point regards the focus of the red bull garage is to my mind, the best explanation. It's not a conspiracy theory to suggest that Vettel was the main focus of the team. It stands to reason that had Vettel disobeyed a team order, and had legal grounds to gag Red Bull... he was a clear contractual number one.

It could also be extended to equipment for the car, the wing debacle at Silverstone the most evident.

My surmising view here is that Webber would still not quite match Vettel in an absolute equal pairing.
But Webber at Red Bull did have merits that may not be so obvious.
His experience helped the team, he was an old stooge for referencing car performance with greater experience than Vettel.
It's not a unique ability, but in a team of 2 cars you need someone who can regularly be that reference point.
JET set

Andres125sx

Re: Vettel was going to sue after "multi 21"

Emmcee wrote:
I agree with this, to analyse Seb-Mark problems in 2012 you first must go back and analyse their relationship from the beginning. The team has always showed a clear favouritism for Seb, first sign was Turkey 2010, that was Seb mistake without any doubt but the team blamed Mark

Anyone with eyes in his face can see RB favouritism for Vettel, actually you can see it even without eyes, just with ears (not bad for a #2).

Multi21 only showed this tendency again, I´d bet Seb lawyer didn´t need to be too agreesive to convice the team about doing nothing... if he actually needed to do anything
Yep very well said and i agree 100%. Mark hasn't been the best team player either but that was after the fact he got rorted by Redbull so many times. People always say "well why didnt he leave then" why would he when the car has the best chance of still winning races if seb has an issue of course.
While on any other team he´d need both RB drivers with problems, and that´s supposing he get a seat on the second team, wich was not very realistic

Anycase I´m not critizicing RB for that, Vettel was the best bet for them. What I don´t get is the reason people blame Ferrari so often because of TOs, but with RB or any other team (Mercedes, Williams and even McLaren) they´re not that critical

It should be the same for all of them