F1 2015 game

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CjC
CjC

Re: F1 2015 game

krisfx wrote:Codies haven't done a decent F1 game since 2010, the servers are weak and general popularity dies off too quickly to have fun and more importantly they are now competing against AC and pCARS for the more mainstream market (On PC at least anyway).

can someone tell me if this is worth more than a tenner on Steam?

Bearing in mind I haven't played the game, I'd pay a tenner for it but as I'll get in on ps4 there's no way I'll get it at that price!
Just a fan's point of view

RicME85

From what I have heard the PC folk aren't happy with the graphics because of some post processing effects used in consoles to hide deficiencies is in the PC version with no way to turn in it off.

r_b_l
r_b_l

siskue2005 wrote: codemasters f1 games are arcady and just graphics :(
So so true!

slimfitcasual

If anyone's on Xbox One, gamertag: slimfitcasual 8)
Per ardua ad astra

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

adrianjordan

Wish they'd do a version for tablets....love Real Racing 3 and would love to have an F1 game along the same lines...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

SimRacer
SimRacer

I really don't understand why people even bother with these F1 titles... I mean if you're on a console I kinda get it guess since there isn't much of a choice and people don't know any better, but on the PC? It doesn't make any sense. What a waste of time and computing power.

Phil

I actually considered buying it when I spotted this topic - for the PS4 that is. It seems to have a reasonably stable 60fps framerate, which is great and to me far more important than the actual graphics.

I've always wanted a decent F1 "sim" (if it can be called that). I mean, I can live with the fact that it perhaps isn't a 'simulation' right down to smallest details in handling - but what I'd want is a pretty representative engine that simulates tire wear, DRS being in there and what I'd also be interested in, is to what degree the ERS or different engine modes is factored into the game?

Also, how is qualifying done? Is it representative with the 3 QF sessions? Can they be played at the correct times (18, 15 and 12 minutes)? How is it done with the pit-stops during the race? Is that reasonably accurate as well?

Thanks!

PS: I don't own a PC to be able to play the better simulators that exist :P
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

RicME85

Quali is only the proper length in a 100% race otherwise its one shot quali, its one of the bizarre choices Codemasters took
Engine modes is actually fuel mix, low, normal and high usage.
Pit stops, you drive in, it takes over, you see the team do their thing and you leave...as you would expect. The time taken is random.
You dont notice anything with ERS, the power is just delivered, you do see the light flash on the back of the cars to indicate harvesting but there is nothing more to it than that, no actual display of harvesting levels or need to harvest more.

Phil

Thanks for the explanation! One thing about pitstops; Is there a strategic element there; will the team inform you over competitors attempting an "undercut" - and how is your strategy determined with the tire usage (lap-time detla) and how many pit stops you have to do? How is this handled in the game?

Or do you just drive flat out till the tires are worn, come in and play it without any strategy?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

RicME85

You are told pre-race the range of the tyres. Depending on race length depends on stops, can select what you want but game will inform you if there is a benefit to a certain strategy or not.
The engineer will inform you of deg of your tyres and when another team is coming out into the pitlane.

krisfx
krisfx

SimRacer wrote:I really don't understand why people even bother with these F1 titles... I mean if you're on a console I kinda get it guess since there isn't much of a choice and people don't know any better, but on the PC? It doesn't make any sense. What a waste of time and computing power.
Totally agree, GTA probably has better race physics on PC than this #-o

SimRacer
SimRacer

krisfx wrote:
SimRacer wrote:I really don't understand why people even bother with these F1 titles... I mean if you're on a console I kinda get it guess since there isn't much of a choice and people don't know any better, but on the PC? It doesn't make any sense. What a waste of time and computing power.
GTA I wouldn't know because I'm not 12 years old anymore... :lol:

But rFactor 1, rFactor 2, Game Stock Car, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, LFS, and even Simbin's GTR and Race07 series most certainly do.

krisfx
krisfx

SimRacer wrote:
krisfx wrote:
GTA I wouldn't know because I'm not 12 years old anymore... :lol:

But rFactor 1, rFactor 2, Game Stock Car, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, LFS, and even Simbin's GTR and Race07 series most certainly do.
It's pretty fun! Yeah I think with the level of games available on PC codies really need to make a much clearer effort to capture some of the audience.

RicME85

They never will. They are there to make money for themselves and FOM, to do that they make a game that is accessible to as many people as possible. It's annoying but its the world we live in. The best thing would be for another developer to take the plunge and make a game that is F1 without a licence, like the Monaco Grand Prix games (Racing Simulation 1 to 3) or FOM sell two licences, one for mass audience and one for sim only.