Lotus hinting at Renault buy-out at Spa?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
superdowg316

Lotus hinting at Renault buy-out at Spa?

I've just noticed on the side of the Lotus cars at Spa that they have 'Enstone Strong' with reefs of their championship years. However, with all the talk of Renault buying back Lotus, I found it interesting to note that the reefs didn't contain their 1994 championship, which was with Michael Schumacher and their first. Only 1995, 2005 and 2006 were on the side. Coincidentally, 1994's car was powered by Ford while the other three were powered by...Renault engines.

Is that a cheeky/sneaky hint that the Renault deal is done?
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Sniffit

Re: Lotus hinting at Renault buy-out at Spa?

Or it could be because Williams won 1994.

joseff

Ah, wreaths...

rich1701
rich1701

Benetton was effectively a 1 car team in 94, only Schumacher could get results from it.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

superdowg316 wrote:I've just noticed on the side of the Lotus cars at Spa that they have 'Enstone Strong' with reefs of their championship years. However, with all the talk of Renault buying back Lotus, I found it interesting to note that the reefs didn't contain their 1994 championship, which was with Michael Schumacher and their first. Only 1995, 2005 and 2006 were on the side. Coincidentally, 1994's car was powered by Ford while the other three were powered by...Renault engines.

Because they are only listing the constructors championships. They also had this on their livery for years.

r_b_l
r_b_l

Cold Fussion wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:I've just noticed on the side of the Lotus cars at Spa that they have 'Enstone Strong' with reefs of their championship years. However, with all the talk of Renault buying back Lotus, I found it interesting to note that the reefs didn't contain their 1994 championship, which was with Michael Schumacher and their first. Only 1995, 2005 and 2006 were on the side. Coincidentally, 1994's car was powered by Ford while the other three were powered by...Renault engines.

Because they are only listing the constructors championships. They also had this on their livery for years.
I think in the past couple of seasons they were 3 stars just in front of the cockpit instead of 3 wreaths.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sniffit wrote:Or it could be because Williams won 1994.
what? #-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

Constructors
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120454

Renault in talks with Force India Formula 1 team over buy-in deal

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:Constructors
ah now it makes sense
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"