WHAT is Honda doing to Jense??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
j4kwan
j4kwan

WHAT is Honda doing to Jense??

Ok...stop before the chequered flag, no engine penalty...I think that's a great strategy IF YOU'RE OUT OF THE POINTS!!

BUT
YOU'RE IN THE POINTS!!!

Get as much as you can Jense...how does Honda know they will be getting points at Imola with a new engine anyhow?!?

Points are crucial...take what you can.

It would be disappointing to see Jense score zero points at Imola with a new engine now. Worse yet, see Jense come second in the final championship at year end 3 points behind - LOL

oh well...

zac510
zac510

Obviously they don't care about points. They just want race wins.

A couple of race wins and retain the 3rd car next year may be all they are after..

wazojugs

He should have gone to Williams, I would have.

Sometimes the calls the pit crew have made such as calling him in early then feeding him back into traffiic, fuel loads being too light etc.

m3_lover

Pat Symonds said that he would have done the same thing, sure points is points, but he would have to have a penalty change for the next race, we will see at the end of the year if those three points were crucial. Nick Fry has mentioned that Honda's problem is not creating enough heat in there tires at the start, they have time before the next race to help that, but I think it will take some time to fix that problem.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

They need a Neweyesque suspension tweak similar to McLaren's last year.

Sawtooth-spike

The Bar has always been strong at Imola they stand a good chance of winning there, Buttons style also really suits the track. So i bet Honda would rather win at Imola then finsh in Oz.

Remember, Honda, like button are after the Win, thats there Goal, a nice new engine on a track that suits the car and the driver. remember also that imola is crap for overtaking, so track postion is everything.

Like somebody said about the rear wing thing, We will have to wait and see if they made the right move.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

wazojugs

i think the reason why they pulled him in was if he crossed the line he would be 10 places back and at a circuit (imola) where its difficult to pass.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I wonder if anyone will protest Honda's decision. Honda did admit they ordered Button to stop before the finish line.
FIA Sporting Regulations 86a states that "Any driver who failed to finish the race at the first of the two Events for reasons beyond the control of the team or driver, may start the second with a different engine without penalty being incurred.
Now it can be argued that his crossing the finish line was within the means of the team, and their decision thus could be debated. All he had to do was select neutral and coast. But instead he put his foot on the brake and stopped.
Interesting coincidence, Imola was where the fuel tank saga exploded, and cost Honda dearly.

vyselegend

I think that is the reason why Jenson added that the car didn't have the speed to cross the line anyway. I think they made the decision in a rush (obviously, as according to JB the engine let gave hints he was dying only in turn 13) and realized afterward what you just pointed out, and now they are saying the car hadn't enough speed to make it, but how do you want to prove that?!

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

safety concerns probably override that f1 regulation, especially with all the people along the pit wall at the checker

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think this is bad for the sport. think of it. if a toyota on the last lap is running 10th. they can just retire the car so they can get a fresh engine for the next race!!

m3_lover

Kind of Grey, but there has been times where on the radio you can hear the engineer telling the driver to move out of the way for his teammates all the time. I think Button can say I just turned it over to the side because I didn't want to cause a accident or anything, abit different from last year, where there engine's were okay but didn't finish the race (first two races), this time his engine blew completely.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Jason

How dissapointing, when we were on board with Fisico suddenly saw a fiery Honda in front. smoke came out and followed by flames, 2 metres to the finish line
:oops: :oops:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

jgredline

Being that points are preciouse, says to me that they don't believe they could win the championship and trully want to win a race. Where is the button meter now? 103 and counting with no wins? :lol:
To finish first, first you must finish.

Sawtooth-spike

May i point out something,

Yes button has made some stupid contracts in his time and some days he lacks the finshing touch. But he is still the Smoothest Driver out there, If they got rid of traction control he would be stomping all over everybody.

Yes he has not won a race yet, but he came P3 in 2004 win 10 podium finshs. The Honda he has always seems just a little wanting when it come to the race. But in qulifying this weekend, he had more fuel than the renaults and did a MUCH faster lap.

Yes he needs to win, But he is still one hell of a driver
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!