WHAT is Honda doing to Jense??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
greenpower dude reloaded

Now i promise im going to stop saying how much i love SAF1 and the fantastic job they did with the SA05 but does anyone else think that had honda had the wing used on the SA05 for the Oz GP they may have been able to get some more heat in those tyres but obviously they wldn't have been able to use it but hypothetically speaking. I think we've all been supporting the wrong honda team lol :lol:

m3_lover

Pretty Harsh Webpage on Rubens

http://www.planetf1.com/News/Story_Page ... 35,00.html

But true, give Davidson the nod.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

What I want to know is why JB didn't stop immediatly as soon as the boom came back down during his pit? He must have realised there was a seriouse problem and pulling away could cause more damage.
I can understand the boom man was a little over eager lifting it, not judging the time it would take to pull the hose out and JBs reaction time, but Jenson is as much to blame for compounding the mistake.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

wazojugs

rubens is a journeyman he will never amount to much, just like DC, fisi, alesi, berger etc

wazojugs

wazojugs wrote:rubens is a journeyman he will never amount to much, just like DC, fisi, alesi, berger etc
i forgot montoya is borderline with this group

kilcoo316

My opinion is that fear of spinning is absolutely no excuse.

Did he think his oversteer was going to cure itself on the run down to turn 1 on the restart in Australia? A couple of slow ups and burn offs would have got some heat into his back tyres, getting back grip and allowing some weaving.

I also feel while Button may win a few races, he'll never amount to much as he 'doesn't make things happen for himself' in the same fashion as MS or FA do during races.

DaveKillens

It's funny, during all practices and even qualifying, Reubens was only .2 seconds a lap slower than Jenson. He has become to come to grips with the new car, and his times reflect that. But during the race itself, Reubens dropped off the map, his lap times sank, and he just wasn't there. I have to wonder, Reubens is an experienced, consistent driver. Hr rarely has bad days, he usually delivers on a consistent basis. I don't know, maybe Reubens did have trouble with his car, it's much to early to toss him into the trash heap.

greenpower dude reloaded

The part i really don't understand about rubens is they were saying the car doesn't suit his style but im 98% sure that most teams set up the car to suit the drivers style now i don't just mean aero etc i mean more along the lines of the length of the throttle etc. so surely it would take a team a lot to just not do that or am i missing something.

Ciro Pabón

Easy, boys. According to your incensed (I think) posts, the championship could have only four or five pilots. Differences between cars have been enormous, I would dare to say, since Nigel Mansell.
Ciro

Sawtooth-spike

we all are talking about the the lolly pop thing, but the first stop was far from slick. Honda have all the things they need to win, but they just seem to find a way of losing .... Very english for a japanese team :lol:
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

West

Jenson won't win because he doesn't have the car. Give him a Renault-like car and he'll win. It's too bad that these days the car is pretty much 90-99 percent of a winning drive. I don't think Jenson is bad but his car is not up to the task.

You can drive the f*ck out of a car, but if it's a Civic, it's not going to win an F1 race.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

m3_lover

I agree hundred percent to what WEST has said, it is all about the car these days. I think everybody knows that if you have a good car then you can make results, hey Sato did get 3rd in the Indy GP acouple of years ago when Honda was the number 2 team. It is all about the development of the car these days, there are so many good drivers these days that the teams know that they can have there pick in relation to talented drivers.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

vs331

I think JB is hopelessly overrated and this has gone into his head. He thinks he is a great driver just like DC.. whereas the reality is that both are at best average drivers. They are there in F1 just to keep the british media interested and also coz of the sponsorship they bring. I can't imagine last year Williams and BAR were fighting over this useless driver. I think its high time that these old and useless drivers like DC, Villenuve, JB, Fisichella, Trulli are chucked out and some new blood shud be brought into F1. It shud be like what has happened in MotoGP with Biaggi, Barros, etc going out and Pedrosa, Stoner etc coming in. I think JB and DC are similar to what Biaggi was in Motogp.. always giving excuses but never winning when it mattered.

DaveKillens

Tuning a car to driver, or vice versa is very complex. For instance, it took Ferrari about three years to build a car that got the most from Shu, and suited his personal style of driving habits and preferences. Some drivers are good at late braking, some drivers prefer a quick turn in, like a go-kart, and so on. Obviously Reubens had become used to Shu's type of car, and when he went to Honda, found it different, and a bit of trouble to unlearn old habits.
Honda has built a car that suits Button, and in some situations, it's really got good pace. But it's a work in progress, they still have some glaring shortcomings, and the car design still needs a lot of redesign and work. The very same thing happened when Shu went to Ferrari, it took a few years to finally get it right, before he really won on a consistent basis. Not to say that Button will lay down the dynasty Shu established, but the process is similar.
I'm not pleading to give it time, or to be patient for Honda, Button has raced in over a hundred GP's, it's about time he started winning. If ever. Maybe his personal style just doesn't work in Formula One, maybe his being so smooth just won't get the car up to speed quick enough. Lately, this has become a glaring fault of his. But with the way tires work currently, Jenson has to change, as well as his car. He just doesn't have the ability to get quick fast, and we've all seen it, when he needs a lot of laps to finally get heat in his tires before he can run at the leader's pace.

Ciro Pabón

DaveKillens wrote:Tuning a car to driver, or vice versa is very complex.
I agree completely. This is becoming harder every year, as the cars themselves become more complex.

I think that Montoya gets undeserved flak by this, a pilot which has a totally 80's style. What I heard is that McLaren had (or has?) a Hakka/Rakka car. :lol:

We have here a pilot who has had seven victories in F-1, with clearly inferior equipment, even this year.

JPM has got podiums in almost a third of his races, 29 of 89. He has got in the process the incredible amount of 29 retirements or DSQ. :o

Some of us think that the guy certainly can drive, and to the limit. 8)
Ciro