WHAT is Honda doing to Jense??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1.redbaron

Don't get me wrong...I'm not being critical. I just found it funny how a man is trying to stop 750hp engine with a pole.

I think that this is the product of a HUGE pressure Honda is putting on that team. Honda is really gunning for that one win, and I think that they'll pay dearly for that...

kkobayash

hehehe, found a pic of new lollipop that honda will be using at Nurburgring...

edit: just realised this, but note that it says 'breaks', not 'brakes'

hahaha

hmm why am i laughing, i should be supporting my team :lol:

vyselegend

Can someone explain me what happened exactly saturday with the weight bridge call? Who called the car, the team or the FIA? Is it possible that someone's qualy session is destroyed by a call for some inspection from outside the team? I didn't understand, but it was sad to see Jenson at the edge of crying :( , if it is another Honda's mistake, I think it's really time for Jenson to reconsider Frank Williams offer...

wrk

well after the showing at silverstone he might just be thinking that way...
gentlemen start your engines......

f1.redbaron

vyselegend wrote:Can someone explain me what happened exactly saturday with the weight bridge call? Who called the car, the team or the FIA?
If it were up to the team, they would never have their cars weighed. No, it was the FIA's decision. They pick a driver at random. Same thing happened to Michael in Monaco. Fortunatelly for him, he had already posted a lap which was good enough to advance into the next stage.

jaslfc

i think the system is wrong. they got only 15 minutes to post a time. they should call them up during the 5 minutes break after the session rather than during. Anyway the engine was goin to blow.. so no matter if he is in the top ten or not. Do u guys think maybe with the new engine honda is taking the risk with more power than reliability

vyselegend

That's totally unfair! This qualy format definitly need some changes. It's a shame that anytime qualifications can be spoiled by those calls! I agree with jaslfc, it sound far more logical to weight the car in the short periods between sessions. Imagine that a race commisary stop a bicycle runner for a urine test during a bike race, lol!

manchild

If they were only following this forum a year ago they'd have no refueling/lollipop problems viewtopic.php?t=1408&highlight=lollipop+mirror

Article I made out of that idea :wink: http://f1manchild.googlepages.com/refueling.htm