lineage

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tim.Wright

Re: lineage

There are already a few of these around. Just do a google image search.
Not the engineer at Force India

bosyber
bosyber

Perhaps this helps:
http://pjtierney.net/The-Constructors-of-Formula-One - a 2012 artwork by PJTierney that maps all the teams in F1 up to that year:
Information for this project was provided by Wikipedia's Formula One pages, along with feedback and input from the Reddit and F1 Fanatic communities.
The linked page also points to a larger jpg of this artwork. From that you should be able to gather much of the answer you want, I think.

PlatinumZealot

zeph wrote:Trying to establish the history of F1's current teams:

Mercedes < Brawn GP < Honda < BAR < Tyrrell (1968)
Ferrari (1950)
Williams (1978)
RedBull Racing < Jaguar < Stewart (1997)
Force India < Spyker < Midland < Jordan (1991)
Lotus < Renault < Benetton < Toleman (1981)
Toro Rosso < Minardi (1985)
Sauber < BMW < Sauber (1993)
McLaren (1966)
Manor < Marussia < Virgin (2010)

The dates are based on their first F1 entry as a constructor.

Kinda crazy to think that Ken Tyrrell's team is more successful now than it ever was :wink:
Can you do one for dead lineages?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Facts Only
Facts Only

bosyber wrote:Perhaps this helps:
http://payload53.cargocollective.com/1/ ... rtwork.png
http://pjtierney.net/The-Constructors-of-Formula-One - a 2012 artwork by PJTierney that maps all the teams in F1 up to that year:
Information for this project was provided by Wikipedia's Formula One pages, along with feedback and input from the Reddit and F1 Fanatic communities.
The linked page also points to a larger jpg of this artwork. From that you should be able to gather much of the answer you want, I think.
I would love a copy of that for my office, shame it was a limited run of prints.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

Kinda crazy to think that Ken Tyrrell's team is more successful now than it ever was :wink:
you know Tyrrell won the 1971 F1 WCC and WDC and the 1973 F1 WDC and a shedload of races around this time ?
and the 1987 F1 N/A CC (Chapman Trophy) and DC (Clark trophy) ?

and that Ken Tyrell's team (using Matra-Cosworths that they created) won the 1969 F1 WCC and WDC ?

zeph
zeph

Tommy Cookers wrote:

you know Tyrrell won the 1971 F1 WCC and WDC and the 1973 F1 WDC and a shedload of races around this time ?
and the 1987 F1 N/A CC (Chapman Trophy) and DC (Clark trophy) ?

and that Ken Tyrell's team (using Matra-Cosworths that they created) won the 1969 F1 WCC and WDC ?
Of course. And none of those cars were as dominant as the W05/06. My statement wasn't a dig at old Ken. He and his team were great in their day.

@bosyber: that is AWESOME! thanks for sharing =D>