Formula One's Engine Crisis

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

Re: Formula One's Engine Crisis

You ignored the second point :-)
197 104 103 7

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Andres125sx wrote:
toraabe wrote:Who complained when Schumacher and Vettel won ?
The audience

https://thejudge13.files.wordpress.com/ ... -f1-tv.jpg
Please note this is only italian audience, so if italians interest decreased when his beloved team was so successful, imagine the rest of the world #-o
Maybe I've missed the point you were trying to make but the graph shows the opposite of what you're saying. The biggest drops are from 04-05, when the Ferrari dominance ended, 08-09, when Ferrari had a poor car, and 13-14 when Ferrari weren't winning. Viewing figures spike in 2007/08, 2010 & 2012 when Ferrari are in the title battle.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Anyway, as the RB thread is locked, AMuS today say that Ferrari are refusing to budge from their offer of a 2015 engine, despite Bernie's attempts.

kptaylor
kptaylor

Jonnycraig wrote:Anyway, as the RB thread is locked, AMuS today say that Ferrari are refusing to budge from their offer of a 2015 engine, despite Bernie's attempts.
Can they do that or must it be voted on like when Manor/Marussia was allowed to run older motors? I though homologated motors had to be equal, i.e. all works & customer PUs are the same spec. (Now, software and providing data to develop software is a different story!)

alexx_88
alexx_88

dans79

alexx_88 wrote:I'll just leave this here :D

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12522/ ... -f1-attack
Another person looking into the past with rose tinted glasses.........
197 104 103 7

Andres125sx

dans79 wrote:You ignored the second point :-)
Nope, it´s only that I agree with that :)

Andres125sx

Jonnycraig wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
The audience

Please note this is only italian audience, so if italians interest decreased when his beloved team was so successful, imagine the rest of the world #-o
Maybe I've missed the point you were trying to make but the graph shows the opposite of what you're saying. The biggest drops are from 04-05, when the Ferrari dominance ended, 08-09, when Ferrari had a poor car, and 13-14 when Ferrari weren't winning. Viewing figures spike in 2007/08, 2010 & 2012 when Ferrari are in the title battle.
How is that opposite to my point?

I never talked about biggest drop, my point is domination periods always cause a drop in audience, and posted the graph as a proof that in 00-04 domination period the audience dropped even in Italy when it was Ferrari.

Basically even tiffosi get bored watching his beloved team winning easily, so the rest of the world...

Same applies to Germany, rejecting to host the GP not even when it´s Mercedes the team to beat and Rosberg is in there.

Andres125sx

alexx_88 wrote:I'll just leave this here :D

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12522/ ... -f1-attack
Next year's British GP is scheduled for July 10 - the same day as the Men's Final at Wimbledon and the final of football's Euro 2016
:shock: :shock: :shock:

That´s good planning... Imagine if the finals are England-Germany and Murray-Djokovic :mrgreen:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Andres125sx wrote:
Next year's British GP is scheduled for July 10 - the same day as the Men's Final at Wimbledon and the final of football's Euro 2016
:shock: :shock: :shock:

That´s good planning... Imagine if the finals are England-Germany and Murray-Djokovic :mrgreen:
We had this a few years ago and the GP was moved by one week. Wouldn't surprise me if Bernie had done it on purpose for some wierd self-gratifying reason...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

FW17

I wish Red Bull and Ferrari can strike a deal where in Red Bull are allowed to develop and manufacture the Ferrari 2015 unit themselves (or Renault).

toraabe
toraabe

Hmm so if Ferrari were in Mercedes potision, Eccelstone and the audience would have been happy ?
Andres125sx wrote:
The audience

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

andres125x wrote:
I never talked about biggest drop, my point is domination periods always cause a drop in audience, and posted the graph as a proof that in 00-04 domination period the audience dropped even in Italy when it was Ferrari.

Basically even tiffosi get bored watching his beloved team winning easily, so the rest of the world...

Same applies to Germany, rejecting to host the GP not even when it´s Mercedes the team to beat and Rosberg is in there.
Except the F1 audience decreased across the world from the late 90s onwards and has never recovered. It has nothing to do with dominance and everything to do with F1 simply being past its glory days. Ignore that erroneous period and the graph shows what everyone knows. When a devoured team is winning, viewing increases, when they're losing it decreases.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Ferrari confirm. No engines for RB.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Jonnycraig wrote:Ferrari confirm. No engines for RB.

Source?

If true all I can say is "What goes around comes around"
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver