Red Bull Veneno

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Reckoner
Reckoner

Red Bull Veneno

Confirmation is slowly leaking through the paddock currently that Red Bull have signed an Engine deal with VW through Lamborghini as the engine partner.

The word its that the team will carry the Bull symbol of both Red Bull and Lamborghini. Marketing wise its a perfect match and the team name is likely to be that of the topic title.

Another first for F1 Technical.

Thoughts??

bauc

Re: Red Bull Veneno **CONFIRMED**

Reckoner wrote:Confirmation is slowly leaking through the paddock currently that Red Bull have signed an Engine deal with VW through Lamborghini as the engine partner.

The word its that the team will carry the Bull symbol of both Red Bull and Lamborghini. Marketing wise its a perfect match and the team name is likely to be that of the topic title.

Thoughts??
This does not deserve a comment, but I cant help it....

So VW will prepare a engine in 4 months to be ready for pre-season testing? C'mon, please don't share this kind of speculations here. Thanks in advance.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Reckoner
Reckoner

Can you please explain how you know that VW don't have an engine?

Why would the deal be done without VW/Lambo already having an engine well developed.

C'mon of course they have everything in place before commiting they aren't going to run to the design office now are they?

Which part of the paddock are you in? I'll come and exchange notes.... oh whats that? You are in your armchair....

Reckoner
In the thick of F1 reporting

dans79

Reckoner wrote:Can you please explain how you know that VW don't have an engine?
How about because even when the major news agencies said VW was going to enter F1 (before the emissions debacle), they reported an engine wouldn't be ready before 2018! Hence the reason RBR was pursuing Merc & Ferrari, they need a 2 year stop gap engine........
197 104 103 7

AnthonyG

Reckoner wrote:Confirmation is slowly leaking through the paddock currently that Red Bull have signed an Engine deal with VW through Lamborghini as the engine partner.

Thoughts??

No sources + a minus 5 rating user, not sure if true or false.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

FrukostScones

dafuq! I was sure they'd come as Porsche...

but as the Lamborghini brand is dead as roadkill and the Porsche Brand is thriving, i d say wait a minute or at least ten seconds... :mrgreen:

who will drive? Balboni?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bauc

Reckoner wrote:Can you please explain how you know that VW don't have an engine?

Why would the deal be done without VW/Lambo already having an engine well developed.

C'mon of course they have everything in place before commiting they aren't going to run to the design office now are they?

Which part of the paddock are you in? I'll come and exchange notes.... oh whats that? You are in your armchair....

Reckoner
You are trying to tell us here that VW developed a F1 engine in secret along with Lambo, and they put such a huge investment of money and resources just for a ''potential'' F1 run?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

turbof1

Sorry if I may sound pessimistic, but today this is the second manufacturer Red Bull is closing in on a deal. On top of that, VW is not very likely in the position right now to build and deliver F1-spec PUs -even if rebranded as Lamborghini engines.

I also checked with the established F1 journalists and there's nothing to be found on their side. If you have a source, please be so kind to leave it here.

I'll leave this topic open for now. However, if there's no confirmation within the 12 hours or so, I'll have to deem it as speculation and will have to merge it with the Red Bull team thread. Understand that F1technical isn't a gossip site; we'd rather be second or third to announce news, but in the same while bring quality content. I'll edit the title for now since we haven't actually confirmed this.
#AeroFrodo

Tim.Wright

Reckoner wrote:Reckoner
So after your last post about how you are constantly in demand from F1 headhunters due to your L33t tribology skillz you have finally taken a job as a paddock journo??
Not the engineer at Force India

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Re: Red Bull Veneno

^lol

Fozzie
Fozzie

I've been reading these forums a while but had to sign up and post after reading this...

I worked in the paddock for a while up until last year and have heard some rumours similar to Reckoner's. Mad as it sounds I think the next few hours could be very revealing, there should be an announcement by tomorrow at the latest.

Reckoner
Reckoner

Tim.Wright wrote:
Reckoner wrote:Reckoner
So after your last post about how you are constantly in demand from F1 headhunters due to your L33t tribology skillz you have finally taken a job as a paddock journo??
Not at all Timbo, However i did get a job deep in F1 unlike the rest of you. So currently i'm here trackside with people i know in most teams especially RB and this is what is being said.

Like I pointed out before where are all of you? Sat at home or at work doing petty admin jobs dreaming of being in my shoes.

Can't help some people. Even being at "The source" it is never good enough unless its on some terrible F1 gossip website... Well if that's all you need for confirmation i feel sorry for you...

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Does this not belong in the RB team thread?

while it doesn't,

here's something

remember this?

remember this?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

It is believed that VW/porsche has been working on turbo era engines since the rules came out. No one can say for sure but the signs are ther if you look beyond... Remember, Vw group has never been shy of buidling "shadow engines." Their secret tinkering away in the f1 V10 amd v8 eras produced those high revving street engines in the porche gt and the porsche 918 that seemungly came out of nowhere just as BMW and toyota released their "f1 derived" engines in the M5/M3 and LFA. personally i would not be surprised if VW/porsche has a V6 derived from the porsche 919 running on their dyno as we speak runnign through track simms day and night.. Being built and rebuilt tweaked and refined... Waiting till everything is perfect before they announce it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I wouldn't be supprized they did some R&D to see where they are. They already have the same kinda mgu-k + mgu-h like configuration for the Le Mans TDI, i can imagine them fooling around with the same config, if they would switch to a Le Mans TFsi hybrid.

But yes, they have other concerns at the moment. Maybe in future, when they need to repair their brand image and ditch the whole TDi for TFSi.