2016 Fantasy Liveries topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
fourpoint9

Re: 2016 Fantasy Liveries topic

Could look better with a stripe tied into the HAAS logo
http://i.imgur.com/Cn2xqtt.jpg

prof

Valentino Rossi Fantasy Team, VR-46 Fantasy Livery. Inspired by this Image Image

prof

Ferrari

BassTrombone

I might be a little late to the party, but I made an alternate F1 grid in the good old Microprose Grand Prix 3. What do you guys think?

Check it out here.

proteus

BassTrombone wrote:I might be a little late to the party, but I made an alternate F1 grid in the good old Microprose Grand Prix 3. What do you guys think?

Check it out here.
What u did here is fantastic. Very very nice liveries.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

BassTrombone

proteus wrote:
BassTrombone wrote:I might be a little late to the party, but I made an alternate F1 grid in the good old Microprose Grand Prix 3. What do you guys think?

Check it out here.
Thanks! Which is your favourite?

oblongs

Check it out here.
Really interesting takes, I'd love to see some of these with a higher resolution template to work with ;)

Quick opinions;
Ferrari - Very nice. Santander on the sidepod and Shell on the airbox balances things very well. It gets a little awkward with so many logos in the white stripe but not a huge deal.
FI - Huge improvement over their real livery IMO but the orange at the front and green at the back need to be broken up a little.
Haas - Not bad for only one sponsor ;) Reminds me of the Sauber C13 without the circles.
Manor - I've tried to integrate both the red and green from Pertamina previously and failed, you've done a better job than I did but to me they clash too much still (and white text on light green is hard to see!). Solid, simple livery overall, very fitting for the team.
McLaren - I really like this design, but orange and red are a clash also.
Mercedes - Petronas colours are very well implemented, better than their IRL livery
Red Bull - The only livery out of these I can't say I'm a fan of - the asymmetry of the drinks can colour scheme bugs me in every fan concept that uses it and it feels a little too busy overall. The left side would fit right in on the mid 1990s F1 grid though!
Renault - Absolutely love this one. The purple shouldn't really work, but it does, tremendously so.
Sauber - Fantastic livery as well, the C15 throwback suits the yellow perfectly.
Toro Rosso - Also very nice. They've needed a livery shakeup for a long time now and this fits the bill. Only gripe is the red logos on gold, again not 100% legible
Williams - A little busy, but solid overall. Props on the Martini Racing logo too!

BassTrombone

oblongs wrote:

Check it out here.
Really interesting takes, I'd love to see some of these with a higher resolution template to work with ;)

Quick opinions;
Ferrari - Very nice. Santander on the sidepod and Shell on the airbox balances things very well. It gets a little awkward with so many logos in the white stripe but not a huge deal.
FI - Huge improvement over their real livery IMO but the orange at the front and green at the back need to be broken up a little.
Haas - Not bad for only one sponsor ;) Reminds me of the Sauber C13 without the circles.
Manor - I've tried to integrate both the red and green from Pertamina previously and failed, you've done a better job than I did but to me they clash too much still (and white text on light green is hard to see!). Solid, simple livery overall, very fitting for the team.
McLaren - I really like this design, but orange and red are a clash also.
Mercedes - Petronas colours are very well implemented, better than their IRL livery
Red Bull - The only livery out of these I can't say I'm a fan of - the asymmetry of the drinks can colour scheme bugs me in every fan concept that uses it and it feels a little too busy overall. The left side would fit right in on the mid 1990s F1 grid though!
Renault - Absolutely love this one. The purple shouldn't really work, but it does, tremendously so.
Sauber - Fantastic livery as well, the C15 throwback suits the yellow perfectly.
Toro Rosso - Also very nice. They've needed a livery shakeup for a long time now and this fits the bill. Only gripe is the red logos on gold, again not 100% legible
Williams - A little busy, but solid overall. Props on the Martini Racing logo too!
Thanks so much! I use this template because it's so easy to make a quick idea and to connect all the lines on the different panels, while still being able to view a car in full 3D. Higher res would make that a lot harder :P

RegerandeBull

Scuderia Lamborghini F1 Team

FW17

I think F1T will get a legal notice soon to remove this fantasy livery thread from FOM

Manoah2u

why would they
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

proteus

BassTrombone wrote:
proteus wrote:

Check it out here.
Thanks! Which is your favourite?
I must say they all look fantastic, especially with the shape of cars in that season. I would love to see the field colored in this fashion.

U did too good job, and i cant decide which one is my favourite =D>
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

adrianjordan

I'm sorry, but IMHO the last thing we need is another dull grey car. Lamborghini road cars always look best in very in-you-face, bold colours....any F1 livery from them should be likewise...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Carrino

Hello everybody, I'd like to show you my personal creation about an hypothetical Alfa Romeo Formula 1 car. I hope you like it. Thank you :)

Front view:

djos

very Nice Carrino! =D>
"In downforce we trust"