Renault Engines To Dominate in 2016?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Reckoner
Reckoner

Renault Engines To Dominate in 2016?

Axel Wendorff spotted here in Brazil wearing a Renault Sport F1 management shirt.

This confirms he has joined forces with Renault. Along with his knowledge of the Merc and Honda Powertrains he will ensure the Renault lump will have all the strengths.

It is interesting to note he saw the weaknesses in the Honda and claimed they were already 18months behind, he was silenced.

This is likely to be key to renault's resurgence to dominance.
Last edited by Steven on 14 Nov 2015, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Usual signature cleanup

Fozzie
Fozzie

Re: Renault Engines To Dominate in 2016?

Very interesting stuff.

I also saw Axel around the paddock and have heard a rumour that he is not here to help Renault, but is speaking to the FIA about doing away with separate engine suppliers and having a common power train for all teams to help reduce costs. This power train would be available to any teams who pay the entrance fee for the championship.

As an independent consultant and contractor with in depth knowledge of the power trains from Mercedes, Honda and now Renault, Axel is perfectly placed to head up such a project.

lio007

toraabe
toraabe

Last year Mercedes supplied Ferrari with knowledge. Now it is Renault's turn.

FrukostScones

I reckon this time is no bullsh*t,

If AMuS says he is in with Renault (yet only alledged Renault consultant, and maybe soon head of Renault PU development together with Taffin, rumors)
and it is all different , 32 new tokens; the forbidden zones, derestricted again.. it is on!
Only the RB, Ecclestone Todt axis (of evil :mrgreen: ) with their lousy budget engine can spoil the party now... in 2017 (I hope Wendorff is not in thier team).

https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... t=&act=url
Ex-Mercedes engine boss at Renault

In Interlagos the previous Mercedes-Benz Motorsport boss Axel Wendorff ran into Renault uniforms of the paddock. It belongs to the advisory board since September. Wendorff worked temporarily at McLaren as Head of Engine division. Rumors say that the German could be together with Remi Taffin the new strongman in Viry.
doh, mixed Axel Wendorff and Alex Hitzinger! :|
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ME4ME

No one-man can turn this sinking ship around in 3 months. Let alone dominate.

FrukostScones

ME4ME wrote:No one-man can turn this sinking ship around in 3 months. Let alone dominate.
But wait... Illien :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

kooleracer
kooleracer

Reckoner wrote:http://s952.photobucket.com/user/reckon ... .jpeg.html

Axel Wendorff spotted here in Brazil wearing a Renault Sport F1 management shirt.

This confirms he has joined forces with Renault. Along with his knowledge of the Merc and Honda Powertrains he will ensure the Renault lump will have all the strengths.

It is interesting to note he saw the weaknesses in the Honda and claimed they were already 18months behind, he was silenced.

This is likely to be key to renault's resurgence to dominance.
Wendorff left Mercedes HPP in 2009...So how what knowledge he could possibly have on the Mercedes 1.6 V6 engine?
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

F1Face
F1Face

I think you have been slightly harsh on Reckoner @Manoah2u & @Koolracer.

AW did leave HPP, however he left for MRL. To help with Chassis\PU integration. pretty much what Phil Prew is going to do at HPP next year.

One man doesn't make a difference, but what it shows is that RSF1 know they need help from outside.

it really all depends on if they have the budget. currently there is no budget for F1 within the French car manufacturer.

djos

FrukostScones wrote:
ME4ME wrote:No one-man can turn this sinking ship around in 3 months. Let alone dominate.
But wait... Illien :mrgreen:
Mario took 6 months to complete his design work.... Iirc he started work on the Renault ice in November 2014.
"In downforce we trust"