Camping at Hockenheim

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GSBellew

Camping at Hockenheim

Has anyone here camped at the Hockenheimring for the German GP?

On a whim I booked weekend tickets & flights for it last night before looking into hotels.
It's working out a lot more expensive for hotels, so I was thinking about staying in the on
site camping, to fully soak up the experience of the weekend.

Just looking for advice from anyone who has gone there before, is the camping good?
Is there entertainment, food & drink sold on site? Or am I better off booking a hotel
some distance away and travelling to the circuit every day? maybe I'm missing something
and there is somewhere reasonable & not too far away.

ackzsel

Re: Camping at Hockenheim

I camped 4 times there in the early '00's on an athletics field. It was a very friendly and joyful experience. The Germans are very nice, the beer is excellent and the atmosphere is amazing. There was a stage with life performances (which blew over with bad weather on one occasion). Don't do it if you have problems sleeping with background noise, though!

PlatinumZealot

Where did you bathe If you don't mind me asking?
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

ackzsel

PlatinumZealot wrote:Where did you bathe If you don't mind me asking?

There where temporary showers at the camp site. They were quit primitive and lacked luxury like walls and stuff but after a long day at a hot track I was glad they were there.

GSBellew

Going to bump this back up to give my opinion.

We ended up staying in an apartment in Mannheiem.

Hockenheim was a short train journey away.

In hindsight after seeing the onsite campsites and facilities if I were to go again I would camp there without hesitation.