So glad the season is finally over

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CHT
CHT

So glad the season is finally over

I am sure not many will agree with me, but I think this is perhaps the most predictable and boring f1 season of the decade. I am so glad that I have decided to take a sabbatical from F1 early this year, no channel subscription, no F1 racing magazines, no Live timing apps, no race tickets, no f1 merchandise and no wasting time on Saturday and Sunday watching F1. The worst part is that I dont even missed watching F1 these days.

Perhaps its me, or perhaps F1 has really lost its appeal as pinnacle of motorsports.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Re: So glad the season is finally over

If you didnt watch or have anything to do with it how can you be glad its over? How do you even know it was boring if you don't waste your time watching it? Its quite a coincidence that you made that post so quickly after the end of the final race if you werent watching?
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

mep

Don`t worry I can confirm it was boring. Moreover I am scared that next year will be the same. Even the 2017 rule changes don’t look promising.

Jordan44

No matter how good the racing has been I usually always look forward to the end of the season. Enjoy the buildup over winter and the excitement of a shift in the competitive order. Roll on March.

Joseki
Joseki

I watched every session except a very few FP and I'm glad to it's over, 2011 and 2009 were better.

bauc

I'm glad this season is over as well, another boring and one sided season with few bright moments in it.....hopefully we will see better racing and far more interesting fight for the title next year.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

proteus

I have fallen asleep at atleast 10 races this season, and from whole season i have only enjoyed watching 3. DRS, Pirelli tyres, Mercedes engines and restrictions of development of engines had given us plain, boring and unatractive sport. Might as well watch two cars on a Carrera plastic toy racetrack. Runoff areas as big and wide as the landing zones for 747 planes, tarmacked and non punishing for drivers making mistakes. For a chery on the top of the cream of dissapoitment are penalties practicly for any contact that happens on the track, virtual safety car which is confusing and unlogical (with time limitation instead of speed limiter which would automaticly activate at the start of the crash zone and deactivate at the end)...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

dans79

I'm happy the season is over, but not because of the racing. I'm happy because all the little shi** that only post during the season to antagonize people will not be heard from till at-least mid February!
197 104 103 7

F1NAC

I think this is the only season where I missed a race (Brazil) and that I didn't even bother to watch replay cause it was boring, jeeeeez I hope Ferrari can challenge Merc 111days left until OZ

Phil

I enjoyed this season for different reasons. I think 2014 was great, but some of the excitement was artificial, mainly the double points finale that, although worked out in a way it didn't damage the credibility of the sport, but unnecessarily put too much emphasis on the last race.

I don't mind that this years championship was decided with 3 races to go. What was definitely encouraging compared to last year was that this year, a different team managed to win 3 races legitimately within their own ability. At some point throughout the year, I really felt the championship could end up being closer than it eventually was. What I disliked about this year was that they were less on-track battles (for the win).

I was very impressed with the performances of both Torro-Rosso drivers. It was a joy to watch both Sainz and Verstappen, but seeing Vettel perform at his best was also great too.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Vasconia

Phil wrote:I enjoyed this season for different reasons. I think 2014 was great, but some of the excitement was artificial, mainly the double points finale that, although worked out in a way it didn't damage the credibility of the sport, but unnecessarily put too much emphasis on the last race.
Why the hell hated some of you so much the double puntuation? I didnt like it either but during the Senna-Prost years there was an even stranger puntuation system where some races didnt count for the WC. I think that was much worse and I dont see anyone saying that F1 lost is credibility in those years.

Perhaps I am missing something.

And yes, the season was boring and predictable. But I am a F1 addict and march looks to far.

turbof1

Vasconia wrote:
Phil wrote:I enjoyed this season for different reasons. I think 2014 was great, but some of the excitement was artificial, mainly the double points finale that, although worked out in a way it didn't damage the credibility of the sport, but unnecessarily put too much emphasis on the last race.
Why the hell hated some of you so much the double puntuation? I didnt like it either but during the Senna-Prost years there was an even stranger puntuation system where some races didnt count for the WC. I think that was much worse and I dont see anyone saying that F1 lost is credibility in those years.

Perhaps I am missing something.

And yes, the season was boring and predictable. But I am a F1 addict and march looks to far.
In my opinion, I personally believe the double punctuation last year was stranger. If you had bad luck that one particular race, you'd loose out massively. In contrast, having your 2 worst results removed (I do believe that was the system, right?) during the Senna-Prost era seemed very fair, because it applied to everyone and did not target any particular race. During that era, cars would break down much more frequently.
#AeroFrodo

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

I'm really glad the season is over because now I can fool myself into believing that the next race could be a contest. I haven't thought that since Singapore, and before that it was probably mid 2013 before the Vettel-train steam rollered everybody.

I know deep down that it's unlikely that Ferrari, Red Bull or Mclaren will catch up, and ever more unlikely that anybody else will get in the mix, but at least there is hope until the middle round of testing where the teams will have shown their cards a little.

Roll on the speculation threads!

mclaren111

I hope Honda comes good next year [-o< Can't stand Mclaren not winning :(

I think Ferrari will be a lot better with all the "free" windtunnel testing they had this year !!

Hopefully engine sound is satisfactorily improved [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Phil

Vasconia wrote:Why the hell hated some of you so much the double puntuation? I didnt like it either but during the Senna-Prost years there was an even stranger puntuation system where some races didnt count for the WC. I think that was much worse and I dont see anyone saying that F1 lost is credibility in those years.
I admittedly didn't watch F1 back then, so I can't really comment on what was back then and what is now. I can only assume you mean the fact that in the older days, only the top N results counted.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_F ... ng_systems

I don't think that is such a bad system. It puts an emphasis on the N best-results. I actually think that system is quite cool and might spice up the championship quite a bit.

To answer your question why I disliked the double points finale - well, it was discussed in quite detail last year. But at the top of my head, because it put a lot more emphasis on a singular event. If a driver had a DNF or a bad result in that race, it would be a double loss. There's no reason why that event should be "double as much worth" as any other. Bringing it back to the older point scoring systems where the top 11 events (1981–1990) counted is not the same; there it spread the emphasis on your 11 best finishes and not on a singular event. The double point finale was just a means to create a lot more excitement in a very artificial way and it could have potentially ruined a genuine WDC.

Anyway, I guess there are still 2014 topics to talk about that. I'm glad it didn't return for 2015 - I'd much rather have the WDC win 4 races before the end of the season than to artificially prolong the outcome. But yeah, I wouldn't mind a come-back to "the best 15 results" or something counting towards the WDC. That might actually prolong the race without putting the emphasis on a singular event.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter