Your Driver of 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who is your Driver of 2015

Lewis Hamilton
22%
Nico Rosberg
1%
Sebastian Vettel
33%
Valtteri Bottas
1%
Daniil Kvyat
No votes
Daniel Ricciardo
1%
Sergio Perez
6%
Max Verstappen
31%
Felipe Nasr
1%
Carlos Sainz
5%

Total votes: 88

7ka

Re: Your Driver of 2015

MAX ! The best driver and had not fault it would be interesting ;)
I hope that 2016 will be fighting for the podium

FoxHound

Verstappen, because that boy can dance his car passed another, on the brakes, through corners you have no right to pass.
And he did it more than a few times.
Aside from that, he's quick and consistent. Future world champion right here.

Honourable mention to Carlos Sainz, who was hampered on various occasions by the car or team. But never outclassed overall by Verstappen.
JET set

Gaz.

It's a tough one, Hamilton was at the top of his game for most of the season, and Vettel was sublime but crucially was under no pressure or expectation at all.

Button's resolve and incredible inner strength must be mentioned as he rarely let his frustrations boil over despite an absolutely appalling car.

Sainz also kept his head while living in a very big shadow of his superstar team mate and pulled off some stunning moves of his own. Like his countryman he also bore the brunt of the reliability issues within his team, or it certainly seemed so.

I can't choose just one.
Forza Jules

livinglikethathuh

I'm between Perez and Verstappen.

Verstappen did pull off some awesome overtakes and really drove the sh1t out of that Toro Rosso, but he did have his mistakes. (Pushing other cars wide, and as a highlight, plowing into Grosjean in Monaco) I think he also needs to behave more like a gentleman; again in Monaco, he latched behind Vettel after being lapped by him, and went past 2 cars as they were yielding to Vettel. Grosjean slammed the door shut, and Verstappen slammed into him a few minutes later. His disobeying of team orders is also a negative for me and reinforces his spoilt kid image in my eye.

Perez "the tyre whisperer", while not being in the spotlight too much, has driven quite consistently this season and got some good results especially in the second half. His drives in Russia and Abu Dhabi were very good and I expect a very good 2016 season from him.

Vettel comes a close third behind these guys, he also drove flawlessly, especially when in the lead, and was the only driver on the grid to challenge the Mercs on a regular basis.

PlatinumZealot

MODEL BASED DRIVER RANKINGS 2015!

Is his Model getting better with age?

You be the judge..

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2015/12 ... -rankings/
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

efuloni

PlatinumZealot wrote:MODEL BASED DRIVER RANKINGS 2015!

You be the judge..

They are right. And Nasr is my driver. Unfairly underated, poor boy. :D

FrukostScones

PlatinumZealot wrote:MODEL BASED DRIVER RANKINGS 2015!

You be the judge..

probably not.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

RSF1

Romain Grosjean has also realised a really fabulous season in a team in perdition. He's probably the driver who dominates the most his teammate as we watch his last race. He won in maturity this year. Indeed, he has accepted the multiples problems and the lack of evolution of his car contrary to last year when he clearly expressed his frustration (in Singapore 2014 if I'm not mistaken) and other mistakes of concentration (Hungary 2014)...

You will say that I'm french but what can you say against him. He has realised perfectly what his team asked him. I'm no sure that a driver like Lewis Hamilton would make a beautiful and regular season as Grosjean in a team like Lotus 2015...

What do you think ?

ringo

I like how Max is driving, but it still comes across as a bit impetuous. He skills are pretty good though, but there have been rookies with similar moves, such as Kobayashi who probably is a cleaner over taker. If i leave the champion out, it's really hard to pick though.
Vettel, Button, Grosjean i would say looked much better this year.
For Sure!!